Movie Suggestions

The Christmas release of Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd looks awesome. Go to the official site. There's a worthy clip. But on MySpace (there's a link on the site), there is a clip of Johnny Depp singing. OMG, this hunk can sing! :2thumbs:

http://www.sweeneytoddmovie.com/.

I'm really looking forward to this one! :great:

That's the only movie I've watched in the past four months, and it was excellent. He really is more than just a pretty face; it was a very good movie with very good acting.

I've never found his face particularly attractive. He is a good actor though.

I didn't realize there were so many of these! LOL I think I saw the first two of each.

There are... I have all 5 American Pies and Scary Movie 4 and I've seen all 4 Home Alones!!! :P

Never saw Bend it Like Bechham or Moulin Rouge, but I've always wanted to. Saw and loved the rest!

Bend it Like Beckham is one awesome movie!! and so is Moulin Rouge. A must see!!

• 3 weeks later...
I also just recently watched Terminator 3--Rise of the Machines for about the 4th time. Excellent end to a trilogy :D

Ehh, I disagree. I mean, how else could it have ended? Really? Besides, its not the end of a trilogy. Its the penultimate movie in a tetralogy.

Ehh, I disagree. I mean, how else could it have ended? Really? Besides, its not the end of a trilogy. Its the penultimate movie in a tetralogy.

Well, since I just heard 4 is coming out, I guess another way it could end would be in the name of one of the next movie's. It will be over with Terminator #?--The Death Of John Connor :funny:

I finally watched Transformers, it was grand. :wub:

Some other movies that I watched recently and liked,

Catch and Release

Running With Scissors

License to Wed

Because I Said So

You probably won't like three out of four if you don't like chick flicks.. :P .. and Running With Scissors is a bit weird.

Krista

Catch and Release

Running With Scissors

License to Wed

Because I Said So

agree! :worship:

Running With Scissors has a gay protagonist, :P so I can relate.

the only other gay themed movie I've seen recently, Wedding Wars, was a bit cheesy.

I didn't include romantic comedies since I usually love all of them LOL. I require my weekly dosage of romance. :P

Hmm... to add to that:

The Nanny Diaries

The Devil Wears Prada

She's The Man (since it hints of gay attraction, LOL)

Step Up

Date Movie

My Super Ex-Girlfriend (Coz I got an undying crush on Luke Wilson... :lol: He looks like my ex-first love)

The Family Stone (has a gay married character who adopted a baby :P )

Action:

The Island

The Peacemaker

Die Hard 4

On a lighter note. :P

Surf's Up coz I love penguins. LOL

• Site Administrator
Surf's Up coz I love penguins. LOL

I thought it was okay, but I won't be taking my boys to see it. It's aimed at an older audience than they are at the moment. They'd be bored by the opening and a lot of the finer detail would just go over their heads.

Movies. The only movies I'm looking forward to are 'The Game Plan' cause it looks like its going to be a cute movie, and 'The Golden Compass' cause well...I'm a HUGE fan of the books xD

I'm getting a itch though. I want to watch more gay oriented movies just cause I haven't watched too many. I watched some nice ones such as 'Plata Quemada', 'La Mala Educacion' (both awesome), 'Y tu Mama Tambien' (that gay kiss was so cute xD), and my favourite so far 'The King and the Clown' (Korean movie).

I'm getting a itch though. I want to watch more gay oriented movies just cause I haven't watched too many. I watched some nice ones such as 'Plata Quemada', 'La Mala Educacion' (both awesome), 'Y tu Mama Tambien' (that gay kiss was so cute xD), and my favourite so far 'The King and the Clown' (Korean movie).

I was going to type this in spanish, then decided not to. But anyway: Plata quemada (Burnt Money) and La Mala educacion (Bad Education) are VERY good movies and I would definately reccomend them for everyone. If you havent seen them, or Y tu mam

A few of my favourites:

Little miss sunshine

My House in Umbria

Driving Lessons

Mr & Mrs Smith

The transporter (not yet seen no.2, must buy it)

Mrs Henderson Presnets

Keeping Mum

About a Boy

Love Actually

History Boys

Quite a lot of British films there.. but then.. i am British :P

I just bought Transofrmers, Spidey3 and The Bourne Ultimatum - LOVED them all :D

I have to agree that Mysterious skin is quite a disturbing film, a few scenes in it really shocked me. L.I.E. i enjoyed, but as mentioned earlier, it's very... on the edge... in a grey area. But i'd certainly reccomend it :)

Matt

oh yes, history boys... interesting movie actually. :P i liked it too, especially the french lesson scene with the dying ww1 soldier. lmao.

just watched the Golden Compass. quite good. :P I can see where the brouhaha is coming from and all i can say is stfu fundamentalists. :P

A good movie I saw last year that was about coming out--Dorian Blues. Good movie.

I bought that about two months ago and I loved it.

George Clooney is superb in Michael Clayton.

I so want to see that!

oh yes, history boys... interesting movie actually. :P i liked it too, especially the french lesson scene with the dying ww1 soldier. lmao.

History Boys is on the list I have of movies I want to see, it looks good.

I recently rented Sommersturm, Latter Days, and Mysterious Skin, they were all fantastic. I also saw Waitress which I liked.

i watched sommersturm on youtube believe it or not (!) and loved it! have been meaning to buy the dvd ever since! :)

i saw History Boys in the theatre too! with different actors, but it was even better 'live' :P

I saw Beowulf 3D this past afternoon. I thought it was very well done. The animation style that looked so creepy in the Polar Express previews seems to work in this context for me. I'll resist the temptation to say that the story was a bit dated, but the movie does make me want to go back and read the book since it's been about 40 years.

The 3-D worked quite well for the most part, and they even had some previews in 3-D. The rain and the snow were particularly impressive. It looked like the precipitation was falling in the theater between me and the screen. A lot of minor touches were done better than they had to be to get by.

One distraction was the clumsy ways they obscured a vital area during Beowulf's nude scenes. It was probably more obvious in 3-D, where it looked like you could lean sideways and see around whatever was in front, but, of course, that doesn't work.

I heard some reviews of Sweeny Todd on the radio recently, and they said that a lot of the music was left out, including everything sung by the chorus. One reviewer thought the powerful acting compensated for the awful singing. Others thought the singing, particularly by the woman, was too bad to be salvaged. I saw the play on Broadway with Angela Lansbury and Len Cariou, so I'd rather remember it like that. But if you haven't seen the play, you might want to give the movie a shot.

Ive actualy seen alot of good flick recently both mainstream and gay. in terms of gay flicks

Trick - the main character is this is so cute you just want to hug him the entire film

Poster Boy - a really interesting film about a consurvative anti gay senators gay son

The Heartbreak Club - a really good pritty light film

9 Dead Gay Guys - british and done in a kinda style reminacant of lock stock and two smoking barrells and snatch

Friends and Family - a film about a gay couple who are bodyguards/ enforcers for the mafia a really good funny film

are some awesome ones i can think of of the top of my head.

in terms of mainstream films really enjoyed 300, Transformers, Blood diamond recently then Donnie Darko, Eurkle, Requim for a Dream, Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club less recently

A few of my favourites:

Little miss sunshine

My House in Umbria

Driving Lessons

Mr & Mrs Smith

The transporter (not yet seen no.2, must buy it)

Mrs Henderson Presnets

Keeping Mum

About a Boy

Love Actually

History Boys

Quite a lot of British films there.. but then.. i am British :P

I just bought Transofrmers, Spidey3 and The Bourne Ultimatum - LOVED them all :D

I have to agree that Mysterious skin is quite a disturbing film, a few scenes in it really shocked me. L.I.E. i enjoyed, but as mentioned earlier, it's very... on the edge... in a grey area. But i'd certainly reccomend it :)

Matt

Keeping Mum is an AMAZING movie. Maggie Smith is simply suberb. For anyone who doesn't mind Black Humour, I strongly reccomend.

AAAAAAAH I wish I could buy gay movies like every normal gay person. LOL. :( As it is, I only watched the Wedding Wars coz it came in packaged with like 10 other movies in the pirated DVD. LMAO.

Love Actually is also a very good movie. Refreshing and different. Highly recommended.

I also just watched The Hitman, and it was cool. :P Though I wished it wasn't Tim Olyphant who acted out Agent 47. :( He's just a bit too poker faced. LOL. If you loved the game, it's a definite must watch.