why 52 % of the members don't post

I hate you all! <_<

/me stomps off to break all mirrors :ph34r:

Seriously, yeah. Filipinos find fair skin, narrow noses, and generally Caucasian features attractive (Blame it on Conquistadores brainwashing), and by that standards, I'm ugly! -_- At least nobody has ever told me otherwise in real life. Heh. :P Except Mom!

BTW... this is getting waaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic!

/me steals BSK's paddle spanking.gif

P.S. Vic, the harry potter scar has more mundane origins... bouncing on the mattress with my younger bro when I was like 9 or something. Slipping and hitting my head on the wooden corner of the bed. Knocked me out cold and required stitches. LOL. That also explains why I'm crazy! :rolleyes: Probably why I'm gay too! And also why I have a mad obsession with caucasians! :sheep:

I am your elder. I should have the paddle. spanking.gif

Now, both of you had better straighten up!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. Vic, the harry potter scar has more mundane origins... bouncing on the mattress with my younger bro when I was like 9 or something. Slipping and hitting my head on the wooden corner of the bed. Knocked me out cold and required stitches. LOL. That also explains why I'm crazy! :rolleyes: Probably why I'm gay too! And also why I have a mad obsession with caucasians! :sheep:

yeah, an head injury can cause a lot of future problems. you haven't had your full mind since that one day :P

• Site Administrator

Getting this thread back on topic....

It's interesting that apart from teasing (and while some teasing goes on here, I'd have to agree that it's very much a minority), and the idea of posting just to increase your post count, there's a fairly even spread of reasons why people post :)

Are we ready to tackle the more difficult question of why so many members DON'T post?

Getting this thread back on topic....

It's interesting that apart from teasing (and while some teasing goes on here, I'd have to agree that it's very much a minority), and the idea of posting just to increase your post count, there's a fairly even spread of reasons why people post :)

Are we ready to tackle the more difficult question of why so many members DON'T post?

Me thinks the fact that there are so many of us with their own privy jokes dissuades some. At least in the beginning I was a bit wary of posting in the 'inner circle' posts... :)

• Site Administrator
Me thinks the fact that there are so many of us with their own privy jokes dissuades some. At least in the beginning I was a bit wary of posting in the 'inner circle' posts... :)

I can appreciate that. I went through the same thing when I joined. Certain people seemed to have an easy relationship based on long term interaction, and they would leave out a lot of background stuff that I needed, but no one else did.

However, and it could just be my mentality, I can't understand why someone would join, and not post, since they get no added benefit over not joining in the first place. That's why I started posting the day I joined. Before then, I just read the forums without joining.

However, that could be because I'd become comfortable enough to do that. For someone else, the first step may just be to register, and then they need a breather before taking the next step.

Comments anyone?

I can appreciate that. I went through the same thing when I joined. Certain people seemed to have an easy relationship based on long term interaction, and they would leave out a lot of background stuff that I needed, but no one else did.

However, and it could just be my mentality, I can't understand why someone would join, and not post, since they get no added benefit over not joining in the first place. That's why I started posting the day I joined. Before then, I just read the forums without joining.

However, that could be because I'd become comfortable enough to do that. For someone else, the first step may just be to register, and then they need a breather before taking the next step.

Comments anyone?

Well, you do get the benefit of PMs, viewing one's profile and things like that.... I have so many feedbacks coming to me via PMs...

I don't post much because:

• too many people just post to boost their post count
  • I am not interested in threads that tell me when someone went to bed
  • some people think they need to add a reply to every post, even if they have nothing to contribute

Tob

Comments anyone?

I think you are spot on... when i discovered gay fiction on the web years ago, and started to read.. i did join the first forum and was lurking for quite some time before i was feeling comfortable enough to do my first post... its a bit like a small coming out.. at least it was for me.. opening that closet door a tiny little bit to peek out... so joining a forum and lurking may be a first (important) step for some out there... doing the first post might be the next. Some people (like me) have to make progress by doing "baby steps".. it may take longer than for others, but well, everybody at his own pace ;-)

You know, I thought about this for a while. I realised that while I see the logic to this, someone may join a forum to get on an update list. Perhaps some people join so they can check on updates more easily.

I've been known to join a forum or two to get on a mailing list, and only posted maybe twice on the forum.

Comments anyone?

Oh most definately! If someone is not completely comfortable with the aspect of the personality relating to the forum (in this case gay/bi/ally), then it becomes extremely difficult to register and post. It can be very scary.

I remember when I found a "BL" forum, I was very uncomfortable with that aspect of my personality.I