why 52 % of the members don't post

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is soo true.. I mean, when my personal computer was out of commission and I had to use my school Library's computer :blink: I had to be uber concious of the fact. Even the page's title says GAY so big!! :P

Maybe Mr. Myr can add a "gay-free" skin for the forum and some kind of "back-door-entry" (no funny jokes about that guys <_< ) for people who need to be extra careful.

Tob

I know why the letters are big. It's because we should be proud of who we are. If not for our predecessors in the late 60's and early 70's, we'd still be at risk for placement in asylums. I can't imagine living in a society in which I have the risk of jail time or time at the funny farm. Some parts of the world have some catching up to do, but western society has seen a positive change in the outlook on the GLBT community. B)

B) .........I think the asylums were pretty much earlier 40's 50's early 60's......in the 60's, the Medical World's view changed of branding Homsexuality as a disease. Thank-G_d! its hard to believe they were still using electro-shock therapy as a cure (which didn't work) I got to admit you maybe proud, but advertising isn't all what it claims to be, if members are not posting because the letters are so big, maybe we should consider making them smaller....just a thought!!

Maybe Mr. Myr can add a "gay-free" skin for the forum and some kind of "back-door-entry" (no funny jokes about that guys <_< ) for people who need to be extra careful.

Tob

I'm not sure of what I should think on one hand, I agree that sometimes the "gay authors" tag makes it a little obvious when you're in public or when you try to hides. But on the other side, we shouldn't be afraid of a title for what we read, write, or what forum we go on,,,there's no nude pics or anything much graphic (at least not visually) therefore we shouldn't hide ourself just so that it's more politically correct for some.

That's why I wouldn't ask for a "gay-free" skin

sacha

Yeah I don't think we need a gay-free skin either, I mean if people are really that concerned about visiting this forum there are other ways to hide their tracks. Hopefully not too many people need to hide like that.

• Site Moderator
Those who say no are obviously not closeted. -.- Or have private PC's. LOL

It doesn't matter if your in or out. I take a risk at coming here while at work. Our IT department can logon remotely and observe what we are doing. I know, I've seen them do it. I needed some technical help once and I watched them move around the screen.

It doesn't matter if your in or out. I take a risk at coming here while at work. Our IT department can logon remotely and observe what we are doing. I know, I've seen them do it. I needed some technical help once and I watched them move around the screen.

Did they enjoy high quality stories from the best collection of net authors all in one place? Or did they just register and then not post?

Did they enjoy high quality stories from the best collection of net authors all in one place? Or did they just register and then not post?

i think the latter...

Seriously though, a lot of care has to be taken while I am roaming through GA... If any of my family members even see what I am doing on a site like this......God Save Me!! :wacko:

• Site Moderator

Another fun thing with work is, I've just had two of my staff come into my office while I was here. I minimized the window immediately. I try to keep the pointer on the tray at the bottom. I've learned how to left click and close the window without moving the mouse.

Another fun thing with work is, I've just had two of my staff come into my office while I was here. I minimized the window immediately. I try to keep the pointer on the tray at the bottom. I've learned how to left click and close the window without moving the mouse.

B):P:D hhehehe, I think that everyone that have to hide things out pick up little trick to be fast at covering the current window. 'specially when you're not supposed to have it open. for me on mac when someone gets in I'll quickly hit command-H to hide the window.

ahhhh, the minimizing button is your friend. :P

B) .........I think the asylums were pretty much earlier 40's 50's early 60's......in the 60's, the Medical World's view changed of branding Homsexuality as a disease. Thank-G_d! its hard to believe they were still using electro-shock therapy as a cure (which didn't work) I got to admit you maybe proud, but advertising isn't all what it claims to be, if members are not posting because the letters are so big, maybe we should consider making them smaller....just a thought!!

Electroshock therapy was tame compared to a practice in which they made subjects physically ill when they saw images of men, and then made them feel good while viewing images of women.

B) ............ :( ........Yeah! very scary, I watched them do it mine also!

If you are using the internet from within the company network, they can see which sites you visit even without using some tools to watch your computer. Your network traffic goes through the router/firewall.. and the better ones usually installed in company networks can keep track of who is visiting which sites (and which pages etc.). "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU"! If they want to, they can even track the complete network traffic of your computer there without you knowing or even having a chance to notice. I guess it depends on your companies policy there.. but i'd rather be careful which "private" internet activities i would do from within a company network - or if you do any private stuff over the company network at all. Here in Germany you could ultimatively lose (depending on the policy of your employer...) your job for private internet usage - not because you were visiting gay sites though.. just because you were using the company network for private stuff (as you are obviously not doing work then...).

• Site Administrator
Here in Germany you could ultimatively lose (depending on the policy of your employer...) your job for private internet usage - not because you were visiting gay sites though.. just because you were using the company network for private stuff (as you are obviously not doing work then...).

The policy of the company I work for is effectively: "We know you're going to do some private surfing. Just keep it under control and be reasonable. It's a company resource and not to be abused." However, when I'm on a customer network, I'm very cautious about what sites I'm accessing.

If you are using the internet from within the company network, they can see which sites you visit even without using some tools to watch your computer. Your network traffic goes through the router/firewall.. and the better ones usually installed in company networks can keep track of who is visiting which sites (and which pages etc.). "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU"! If they want to, they can even track the complete network traffic of your computer there without you knowing or even having a chance to notice. I guess it depends on your companies policy there.. but i'd rather be careful which "private" internet activities i would do from within a company network - or if you do any private stuff over the company network at all. Here in Germany you could ultimatively lose (depending on the policy of your employer...) your job for private internet usage - not because you were visiting gay sites though.. just because you were using the company network for private stuff (as you are obviously not doing work then...).

B) ........You may have hit the nail on the head "Why 52% of the members don't post"

Here in Germany you could ultimatively lose (depending on the policy of your employer...) your job for private internet usage - not because you were visiting gay sites though.. just because you were using the company network for private stuff (as you are obviously not doing work then...).

Here, not long ago, at the SAAQ, a government agency, they recently cracked down on their employee who was using the internet for private stuff, answering emails,,,,,

for that they didn't fired but they got deduction fine to their pay some as much as a year worth of pay... Where I work at the hospital, they give access to Internet on the computer only to those that needs it and they block access to some site.

sacha

B) ........You may have hit the nail on the head "Why 52% of the members don't post"

actually i think this is a bit "off topic", because if you have to fear that your boss is watching, you wouldn't even sign up for the board to begin with. I would assume that most have internet at home as well.. where nobody (except for your provider ;) ) is tracing what you do in the web.

Here, not long ago, at the SAAQ, a government agency, they recently cracked down on their employee who was using the internet for private stuff, answering emails,,,,,

for that they didn't fired but they got deduction fine to their pay some as much as a year worth of pay... Where I work at the hospital, they give access to Internet on the computer only to those that needs it and they block access to some site.

sacha

thats how it is with most companies here too.. nobody gets fired because they check private emails or surf a bit if it is within reasonable limits. At government networks the access is usually very restricted to begin with.

Only if you use the net heavily for private usage, even after your boss told you to stop it, you can ultimatively use your job...

But i think it doesn't hurt to be aware that they can (and do) monitor all your internet activities...

actually i think this is a bit "off topic", because if you have to fear that your boss is watching, you wouldn't even sign up for the board to begin with. I would assume that most have internet at home as well.. where nobody (except for your provider ;) ) is tracing what you do in the web.

B) .....Actually 1) I don't have that fear. 2) I won't hook up at home (reasons)

B) .....Actually 1) I don't have that fear. 2) I won't hook up at home (reasons)

If you use a password protected proxy service like Anonymizer or GhostSurf (I recommend GhostSurf) the data you transmit to and from the proxy server are encrypted, multiple proxy servers are used to pass the (then unencrypted) information to the site you are connecting to, also multiple different IP addresses will appear in your history, and where you actually went surfing is unknown. 0:) Proxy services won't prevent keyloggers from capturing what you type, however, so have protection against keyloggers installed. However, don't try this at work unless you're the Boss! :king:

Colin B)

therefore we shouldn't hide ourself just so that it's more politically correct for some.

Yeah I don't think we need a gay-free skin either, I mean if people are really that concerned about visiting this forum there are other ways to hide their tracks. Hopefully not too many people need to hide like that.

If only it was as simple as being proud of who you are...

It doesn't have nude pics etc., but it's still a gay site. Surfing it is risking an untimely outing. A lot of the members are still minors and a bad reaction from their parents could lead to very bad problems - forced psychotherapy, estrangement, abuse, disowning, etc.

People like BSK are even risking jail time for being caught surfing sites like this.

Seeing you're from relatively liberal countries (Canada and the US), I can understand why it seems wrong for us to want to hide being gay... but... yeah. An option for paranoia free surfing would be nice.

Talk about it... my keyboard has a 'sleep' button which puts the computer on standby....shutting the monitor off. :) Guess who learnt to use it the fastest??? :P

People like BSK are even risking jail time for being caught surfing sites like this.

Correction. I risk the chance of being severely harassed, extorted or outted but not jail. Jail is only if one is 'believed' to be indulging in gay sex. Yes, the police bend this little rule as 'believing' can have many definitions. And people are jailed, just for being gay, but they are sexually active and hence the police can use that as an excuse to book them.

Me? I'm vurgeen... no chance in hell they can put me in jail. Harass? Yes. Bully for extortion? Yes. Out me? Yes. Make my Life a living Hell? yes.

Jail? No.