Just wanted to see if there were still enough of us present to form a serious contingent. I'm not sure what we should do once we unify...perhaps we can go out scouring the countryside in hopes of turning up any new leads on Dom's whereabouts...or maybe we can just have a reunion and discuss some of the highlights.

In any case I'm present and accounted for.

Well, I think we would all at least like to know if he's okay. I understand the need to take a break from writing myself though, and I think people do really need to back off when it comes to that. A writer needs to feel inspired. It's like a need for the soul to be fed. For me personally, I just do a little at a time so that I do not burn myself out. Even at that, I am one to think about the writing quite a bit. There's also a need to look at life and think seriously about the world and bring that into what you write. Therefore, I am saying that I would love for Dom to come by and say that everything is fine even if he also says that he still does not feel inspired to write. I am an admitted Domaholic, but I may be one of the few who will actually suggest that some of the others give him a break on that issue. Besides, I would never want him to write anything in an uninspired way. The quality of his writing is way too damn good for that.

Well, I think we would all at least like to know if he's okay. I understand the need to take a break from writing myself though, and I think people do really need to back off when it comes to that. A writer needs to feel inspired. It's like a need for the soul to be fed. For me personally, I just do a little at a time so that I do not burn myself out. Even at that, I am one to think about the writing quite a bit. There's also a need to look at life and think seriously about the world and bring that into what you write. Therefore, I am saying that I would love for Dom to come by and say that everything is fine even if he also says that he still does not feel inspired to write. I am an admitted Domaholic, but I may be one of the few who will actually suggest that some of the others give him a break on that issue. Besides, I would never want him to write anything in an uninspired way. The quality of his writing is way too damn good for that.

Very true, like everyone else I think, I just want to know if he's okay. would rather if with trust is not being contunied if it would be up to the quality it was two years ago.

*sigh*, I'm still here too, always hopeful that this will be the day that Dom will return. Better yet, that this will be the day that ITFB Ch 21 comes out. :D

Unfortunately, too many of those days have passed.

The fruit punch taste has long since left Travis' lips, I'm not even sure Dom's in the top 10 of GA's site list :blink: , and the yahoo group is pretty quiet too.

Well, I still have hope that Dom will return. Heck, it's almost the 1 year anniversary of his last chapter posting.... One Ari-fri-kin-year, can you believe it?

Anywho, if he does return...I'll welcome him with open arms (on my knees too if that would help :lmao: ). Let's just hope that the Hiatus has done him well.

I still have my doubts that none of the admins know how to contact him if they really needed to. :blink:

What happens to a hosted author when they go MIA for over a year? Do they get booted or those who are writing consistently, or geez, even participating in the community? Aren't those requirements for being a hosted author? :(

I'm still here too. It's six months ago today that Dom last logged onto GA.

One thing that I have learned from this is never ever read a story until it is totally 100% posted.

That said, if ITFB 21 was up I would be right there with everyone else. B)

One Ari-fri-kin-year, can you believe it?

Anywho, if he does return...I'll welcome him with open arms (on my knees too if that would help :lmao: ). Let's just hope that the Hiatus has done him well.

Errm, what has Africa got to do with the price of chips? :P

I'm not present, this is a cyber doppelganger filling in for the future in case I'm somewhere in the past or located at the pole in which case time does not exist!

Just wanted to see if there were still enough of us present to form a serious contingent. I'm not sure what we should do once we unify.../ /...or maybe we can just have a reunion and discuss some of the highlights.

In any case I'm present and accounted for.

Poor Dom's readers :(:unsure: !

Should we stay around his grave and mourn ? But his grave is perhaps empty and his Hiatus could be volontary !

He left behind his stories and the best we can do is to read them again.

The cemetery of lost stories is full of unfinished works. Just to remember one of the best I know : "The Scrolls of Icaria" by Jamie (find the story here).

My own opinion : let the "missing" writers rest in peace :P .

We have a huge choice between more than 40 hosted and shared authors, alive and eager to be red, enough to fill our days and nights :read: . A french proverb says "the absents are always in the wrong" ("les absents ont toujours tort"). Dom made his own choice. Let it be and forget :great: .

Old bob

A french proverb says "the absents are always in the wrong" ("les absents ont toujours tort"). Dom made his own choice. Let it be and forget :great: .

but... but... but... :( *bows to old bob's years of experience*

We have a huge choice between more than 40 hosted and shared authors, alive and eager to be red, enough to fill our days and nights :read: .

excellent point! :hug: spread the wealth!

Yet some are here for dom or will. Some will just read one or two authors, but think mostly ones that came here for dom, read other authors. Like before, love just hear something for him, doesn't have to write again right away.

We have a huge choice between more than 40 hosted and shared authors, alive and eager to be red, enough to fill our days and nights :read: . A french proverb says "the absents are always in the wrong" ("les absents ont toujours tort"). Dom made his own choice. Let it be and forget :great: .

Old bob

Bob, you did forget the Promising Authors with hopes and dreams of being hosted. I am always looking for new stories to read. In fact, I actually just started reading Dreams of Humanity. It's an interesting read so far! As for absents being in the wrong I happen to agree. At the very least, he needs to at least come back and say something. How hard is it to type, "Hi everyone! I'm still alive!"

At the very least, he needs to at least come back and say something. How hard is it to type, "Hi everyone! I'm still alive!"

I agree... and to preempt those who'll say he doesn't owe us anything. I also agree, but it's rude to leave your fans (and friends?) hanging as to whether or not you're even still alive.

PS - I've done this myself, so I'm not judging him as a bad person or anything...

Edited by steph291
Bob, you did forget the Promising Authors with hopes and dreams of being hosted. I am always looking for new stories to read. In fact, I actually just started reading Dreams of Humanity. It's an interesting read so far! As for absents being in the wrong I happen to agree.

Sorry :o . I was too quick with my post :( .

You are right. Promising Authors with hopes and dreams are the future of GA :worship:

I suppose the author of "Dreams of Humanity" was once "promising. But now he fulfiled more than 1'000 times his promises, and he shows the next generation the paths to contribute to the fame of GA.

At the very least, he needs to at least come back and say something. How hard is it to type, "Hi everyone! I'm still alive!"

Maybe he is to shy and or he prefers to wait till he can bring us a new chapter ?

Or he is perhaps to conscious and dont want to deceive his readers. Who knows ?

Old bob

My own opinion : let the "missing" writers rest in peace :P .

If Dom isn't checking the forum, than he won't know that there is pressure for him to return.

Old bob

There could be a 1000 hosted authors on GA, but speaking for myself, it doesn't make me miss Dom and his writing any less.

Have you also considered that Dom might be the type of person who relishes in the adoration that many of us so freely want to give?

Dom could be anonymously monitoring the forums and thinking 'hmmm, it appears that no one really misses me.'

Maybe this thread that Kevin started might inspire Dom to return sooner rather than later. :D

Vic, of course we all miss him. That's the whole point of this thread! He definitely knows there are some great fans. He is a top favorite around here. I know he's in the top 3!

I agree... and to preempt those who'll say he doesn't owe us anything. I also agree, but it's rude to leave your fans (and friends?) hanging as to whether or not you're even still alive.

PS - I've done this myself, so I'm not judging him as a bad person or anything...

Just to be annoyingly pedantic, how do you propose a non live person type a message......... :blink:

'Dear Fans,

On the umpteenth of Michaelmas, I will be no more, deceased, mortal coil shrugged orf, betwixt and between the ethereal ether, a lack of joix de vivre even eau de vie.

Therefore it is with some and no regret, that I henceforth will no longer be ecrivating (see I can even invent foreign words) within this cyberial palace.

Domi Nickers extant (at this moment)

Just to be annoyingly pedantic, how do you propose a non live person type a message......... :blink:

well, that was my point... if we were to get a message from Dom, we'd know he's still alive and kicking. :blink: I've never even met the guy and I'm worried about him...

• Site Administrator
I still have my doubts that none of the admins know how to contact him if they really needed to. :blink:

I don't find that strange at all. There is exactly one person who has my home address and maybe two others who have enough personal details about me so they could probably track me down. None of those people are admins anywhere that I'm aware of. Dom has a private life and if he chose to keep his non-internet contact details to himself, that's his prerogative.

well, that was my point... if we were to get a message from Dom, we'd know he's still alive and kicking. :blink: I've never even met the guy and I'm worried about him...

Now THAT I can 100% agree with. If he's writing, then that's an added bonus, but I'm more concerned for Dom the person than Dom the author.

I think we, the fans of Dom's stories, must accept the fact that something significant has occurred in his life that has taken him away from writing. We can hope that whatever has happened is something good, and that he is well and happy.

We can also hope that he will return to writing sometime soon and that he will remain happy whenever that occurs.

I am sure he will be in touch with us.