Present!!!

I check the site twice a month to see if he's back yet, or if someone has found out any information on what his situation is. *_* I've been trying not to become too pessimistic imagining what's become of him in the real world. I certainly don't get my hopes up on any continued stories. Mostly I check the blog and forum to find some closure. I'm waiting to finally see the message that says Dom is officially not writing any more. I'm not any less a fan and if he magically comes back and starts actively writing again I'd be ecstatic, but if that isn't the case then I'd be satisfied with knowing it's over.

• 2 weeks later...
B) ......LOL! yeah, your ill alright!! Must have come down with Dom Syndrome!

I'm fairly new here, but even I have Dom Syndrome. *sigh* Man these stories are addicting..

• 4 weeks later...
Just wanted to see if there were still enough of us present to form a serious contingent. I'm not sure what we should do once we unify...perhaps we can go out scouring the countryside in hopes of turning up any new leads on Dom's whereabouts...or maybe we can just have a reunion and discuss some of the highlights.

In any case I'm present and accounted for.

Still Here, Still waiting, time to give up? :wacko:

I keep checking once a day, too. And each day, no Dom and no Vance. Did they run away together and not bother to tell us ?? Each one is in the middle of a good story, then "BAM" they are MIA.

marco

Edited by Marco
I think we, the fans of Dom\'s stories, must accept the fact that something significant has occurred in his life that has taken him away from writing. We can hope that whatever has happened is something good, and that he is well and happy.

We can also hope that he will return to writing sometime soon and that he will remain happy whenever that occurs.

I am sure he will be in touch with us.

I completely agree with Mark. We should be positive. Won\'t you like that Dom is happy somwhere? Who knows? He might surprise us with pics of his recent wedding! That\'s a possibility!!

Take care,

Ieshwar

P.S I\'m here too. Representing Mauritius Island. :D

I think we, the fans of Dom's stories, must accept the fact that something significant has occurred in his life that has taken him away from writing. We can hope that whatever has happened is something good, and that he is well and happy.

We can also hope that he will return to writing sometime soon and that he will remain happy whenever that occurs.

I am sure he will be in touch with us.

I'm such a pessimist that I'll probably be blown up on a boat for mentioning this, but I've given up. I've decided something truly has happened, like he's either perished or been drafted, but either way I've lost hope. I think that becuase he did promise to not leave any story unfinished, death being the only true exception.

:unsure:

Just wanted to see if there were still enough of us present to form a serious contingent. I'm not sure what we should do once we unify...perhaps we can go out scouring the countryside in hopes of turning up any new leads on Dom's whereabouts...or maybe we can just have a reunion and discuss some of the highlights.

In any case I'm present and accounted for.

Just curious...but Dom and vlista both went off at about the same time...any ideas there ......are they one and the same???? :(:unsure:

Sharon, have you got a better explanation?? All we are saying is they both up and vanished without a trace and in the middle of stories. That does not sound like either of them. And not even a peep or a ransome note ?? Almost a full year for Vance and Dom isn't too far behind him in the "vanished" category.

Unless some one is willing to come forward and explain this, then I don't think any one can laugh at those of us who are "in the dark" so to speak. :angry:

Marco

Sharon, have you got a better explanation?? All we are saying is they both up and vanished without a trace and in the middle of stories. That does not sound like either of them. And not even a peep or a ransome note ?? Almost a full year for Vance and Dom isn't too far behind him in the "vanished" category.

Unless some one is willing to come forward and explain this, then I don't think any one can laugh at those of us who are "in the dark" so to speak. :angry:

Marco

B) ................BTW, anyone hear from LittleBudda??

Marco

The speculation that Dom & Vance are one and the same (ala David & Oliver) are utterly false. Their writing styles are way too different. Also, Dom & Vance were prolific at around the same time, it wouldn't be possible for one person to put out that many stories.

I do know that a few people have kept in contact with Vancey and know that he's alive. :D He's just hit a terrible case of writers block and doesn't want to return until he can provide something for his fans reading pleasure.

Dom on the other hand, I have no clue :unsure:

Excellent explanation, although I could have done without the 'Vancy' part. That just sounds so silly. :lol:

And were I to call him 'ButterCup' or 'Pumpkin', no one would know who i was talking about :P .

This might be the wrong time or place to say this, but isn't it kind of rude and inconsiderate of Dom to just abandon the stories and not let anyone know where he is or what he is up to? I am not saying that he has a moral obligation to his readers or fans; he doesn't. But for someone who was knowingly and obviously providing entertainment for a crowd that appeared to be devouring each of his new chapters, isn't it sort of unrefined of him to just stop without an explanation?

Again, neither I nor anyone else has a moral claim to be fed, but wouldn't it be polite of him just to let us know that it was stopping for a while, or forever?

If you disagree, think about what Dom's first few words will be if he returns. He'll probably make some sort of apology or explanation. Is there a point that can be reached, or -- perhaps more specifically -- have we reached a point where that might not be enough?

Regardless, count me in.

...but isn't it kind of rude and inconsiderate of Dom to just abandon the stories and not let anyone know where he is or what he is up to?

...isn't it sort of unrefined of him to just stop without an explanation?

...wouldn't it be polite of him just to let us know that it was stopping for a while, or forever?

Mostly I've been trying to get my s*** together. Like everyone else, I've got to take the time to do that sometimes. I know, not very specific. But I'm good. I hope everyone here is, too. I miss this place, and the people. Hope to come back more often soon.

Nah, I think people write for themselves, and if they have a following, great. But as much as I'm dying to know what happens in ITFB, it's really up to Dom. If he's not in a place in his life where writing makes sense for him right now, then there's no responsibility to anyone to do so. Maybe one day we'll show up here to an announcement of a new chapter... until then, I guess we get to use our imaginations.