C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes Chapter 9

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ... like usual amazing work.

However...

that say in cliff dwellers must have gone to your head because this is a cliffhanger chapter... and you call shadowgod evil? lol. And Brandon better make it out safe or I might have to form my own group to protect him :P

Amazing job CJ and keep up the good work!

Chapter 9: Train Wreck

Enjoy

Warning Spoiler

Ouch, maybe jim is just knocked out, hopefully Brody or another guy is on their way.

Guess we know what Eric thinks.

:o He's back?

Cjames king of cliffhangers

ACK, but Drewbie, we all know that I never use cliffhangers! 0:)

Hrmmm, do bear in mind; this was written before I left for my trip, so Shadowgod had over a month to add any possible tense bits... He's evil like that, you know. :)

CJ... like usual amazing work.

However...

that say in cliff dwellers must have gone to your head because this is a cliffhanger chapter... and you call shadowgod evil? lol. And Brandon better make it out safe or I might have to form my own group to protect him :P

Amazing job CJ and keep up the good work!

But, but, but... Shadowgod is Evil!! He must be, if y'all are seeing cliffies in this chapter...

• Site Moderator

Damn, you left us on the cliff early on this one, leaving Brandon in the barn alone with the two bikers and Jim not being of much help at the moment. Then there's Eric now with a little of his favorite beverage in him.

Why am I not surprised to find out that The Scar is still alive? We had all the clues we needed to show that he survived. I also have to wonder what he will do when he finds out the guys will be in the area?

• Site Administrator
I love your writing and surprises :worship: , but when I realized it was the scar at the end of the chapter I just had to groan. Should I get some crackers now for that cheesy tactic :wacko:

My response was a little different. I had to smile, because there had been quite a bit of speculation as to whether The Scar has survived, and that speculation had turned out to be correct. I suspected CJ had expected it to be a surprise, but some readers were able to see the possibility through the clues that had been left.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I was hoping he wouldn't be back. :angry:

Excellent work oh master of evil cliffies. :worship:

I agree I think we need to form up a mob (group) to ensure Brandon's survival.

Running away now.

:ph34r:

If we are forming a protective mob, then I'll bring Dolly for back up! :D:P

By the way, I have guess to what may be done:

Cj might

have the two bikers from earlier show up and save Brandon. Two v. Two seems fair!

By the way, if the FX show is any indication of Biker Law, CJ you might have to get messy and bloody with your next chapter.

That is just my guess.

Now to answer an immortal question: How do you get people to respect you and treat you as an equal? There has been no good answers. There is one very scary answer, which most authors would not want to approach without care: Power. Either through fear, manipulation, a combination of influences, or personal will are the only things that have been proven to establish long term equality.

How can the gay characters gain acceptance and Eric, who is scared straight, do that without compromising their integrity? A social populism like that the Beatles enjoyed may work in combination with another person or organization with focus to establish it into an ideal.

Edited by W.L.
My response was a little different. I had to smile, because there had been quite a bit of speculation as to whether The Scar has survived, and that speculation had turned out to be correct. I suspected CJ had expected it to be a surprise, but some readers were able to see the possibility through the clues that had been left.

B) ........................I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, Scar's reappearance does not surprise me. However leaving Brandon alone with two drunk homophobic bikers is not unpar for the goat.

CLIFFHANGER

Edited by Benji

I can't believe we were left with a cliff hanger..... wonder what will happen to Brandon. Maybe Chase will get ESP and know something is wrong.

The Scar is back.... so I guess even a Nuclear Bomb can't kill the guy. Maybe the General will realize something is up since they asked about the bomb. What's will it take to kill the scar?

Great Chapter as ways! :2thumbs:

Edward

Tequilla!! :lol: ...and the Scar is back. He's missing some peices. All we need is a few more explosions and he's turn into a cyborg.

As for the cliffhangers, I think we were a little too suportive of our goat.

A little side note: Has anyone seen the Arby's comercial where the guy marries a goat?

• Site Moderator
Tequilla!! :lol: ...and the Scar is back. He's missing some peices. All we need is a few more explosions and he's turn into a cyborg.

A little side note: Has anyone seen the Arby's comercial where the guy marries a goat?

The General might think of that, but it may be too late when he does.

I finally saw that commercial the other day. It's cute.

:ph34r: Oh dear, I just knew it was all going just too smoothly. I mean homophobc Bikers with lethal weapons a stuck together scar with murderous intent... and the cavalry that I can't see yet... gosh this is going to be a long week ahead. But I think perhaps Brody to the rescu ... but how? :wacko:

Peter

• Site Administrator

Last Paragraph from LTMP:

The resulting explosion tore through the building, shattering it and sending a guttering column of fire and smoke high into the hazy Buenos Aires sky as The Scar fell victim to the dead hand of the man he

Drewbie, we all know that I never love to use cliffhangers! 0:)

Hrmmm, do bear in mind; this was written before I left for my trip, so Shadowgod had over a month to add any possible tense bits... He's evil like that, you know. :)

Steve wouldn't do such a thing. He's no angel, but he doesn't do stuff like that. That's something goats are rumored to love doing.

But, but, but... Shadowgod is Evil!! He must be, if y'all are seeing cliffies in this chapter...

Now come on CJ, you're talking about someone I talk to on a regular basis. Surely, if he were evil, I would have been influenced by now. :P

Speaking of evil cliffhangers, I am shocked. Somehow The Scar is still alive. Oh no, Eric is in danger! Discussion must be opened in SPiCE immediately! :ph34r:

Yes, I saw it and had the immediate reaction...CJ got hitched!

Train wreck? Where's our train wreck? Not in this chapter, but I think General Bradson is headed for one.

Great, Brandon's gonna die, Eric's gonna blow up Telluride, and The Scar is preparing to take over the world... again. What's the matter Goat... thought you got away from the roasting spit too easy last time?

Damn, you left us on the cliff early on this one, leaving Brandon in the barn alone with the two bikers and Jim not being of much help at the moment. Then there's Eric now with a little of his favorite beverage in him.

Why am I not surprised to find out that The Scar is still alive? We had all the clues we needed to show that he survived. I also have to wonder what he will do when he finds out the guys will be in the area?

A cliff? Would I ever do such a thing as that? 0:)

There are, admittedly, a few perhaps-slightly-tense bits... More along the lines of concerns, really.

Brandon has a bit of a problem with the two bikers.... and the General's arms dealer/mercinary turning out to be The Scar, who has a grudge or three... and the seeds of doubt poisoning Brandon and Chase's relationship... Eric just having had a few big chugs of Tequila (Eric on Tequila at a biker party; what could possibly go wrong?) ... The General's offhand thought that he needs Eric's cooperation regarding the insertion into the Cape Verde Islands (ah, Eric and Jerry, together again...)

I love your writing and surprises :worship: , but when I realized it was the scar at the end of the chapter I just had to groan. Should I get some crackers now for that cheesy tactic :wacko:

Why cheezy? :)

I never said The Scar was dead. I alluded that he wasn't: Vladimir getting a measure of revenge. I set up the final scene in the warehouse carefully: If you count the bodies vs. the people I have there, you'll see that Yuri is unaccounted for, and The Scar accounted for only by an arm. :)

Therefor, Yuri has been the General's contact all along. I've been leaving clues from the begining: one of them is his hearing problem: damage from the bomb.

The Scar was, in my view, perfect for the role. He has a past as an arms dealer, so it makes sense he'd return to it. He also had 5 million dollars remaining at the end of LTMP, for that reason. Now, he's an arms dealer, recovering from his injuries and badly scarred. There aren't many international arms dealers at that level in the real world: about 11 at the moment. So, I figured that, given his past, and the General needing such services, it wasn't much of a stretch that they'd cross paths, especially if The Scar has an interest in the General for some reason.

Anyway, that was my view of it, and i freely admit I might be wrong. Sorry if it came across as cheezy.

Yep, several did figure it out, due to the clues. :)

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I was hoping he wouldn't be back.

Excellent work oh master of evil cliffies.

I agree I think we need to form up a mob (group) to ensure Brandon's survival.

Running away now.

ACK, now now, I never use cliffies! :) We must blame Shadowgod for those. :)

If we are forming a protective mob, then I'll bring Dolly for back up!

By the way, I have guess to what may be done:

Cj might

have the two bikers from earlier show up and save Brandon. Two v. Two seems fair!

By the way, if the FX show is any indication of Biker Law, CJ you might have to get messy and bloody with your next chapter.

That is just my guess.

Now to answer an immortal question: How do you get people to respect you and treat you as an equal? There has been no good answers. There is one very scary answer, which most authors would not want to approach without care: Power. Either through fear, manipulation, a combination of influences, or personal will are the only things that have been proven to establish long term equality.

How can the gay characters gain acceptance and Eric, who is scared straight, do that without compromising their integrity? A social populism like that the Beatles enjoyed may work in combination with another person or organization with focus to establish it into an ideal.

I'd be very interested to hear about the biker show on FX! I've never seen it. (I watch almost zero TV...) My biker "facts" are based only on a few bikers I know, and a few biker parties I've attended. (For those that are familiar with my short story "Three for Jake", you know I wrote that while drunk on Tequila: I was doing tequila shots at a biker party). I must stress that I don't presently know any fully active hells angles members that I am aware of. Not all bikers are HA's (or 81's, as they often say). So, please don't take me as any sort of expert on the HA: I'm not. There are surely gaps in my knowledge. (and I appreciate it if anyone points out an error so i can fix it. :) ) I also bend the truth regarding some things, such as the Biker's chapter locations.

Most of the detail I use is quite real. For example, the fact that Bikers take it as an insult if you lock your vehicle outside of their club or gathering place. They never do, and very often leave the keys in their Harleys.

B) ........................I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, Scar's reappearance does not surprise me. However leaving Brandon alone with two drunk homophobic bikers is not unpar for the goat.

CLIFFHANGER

But, but, but... That was the fault of His Shadowyness...

I can't believe we were left with a cliff hanger..... wonder what will happen to Brandon. Maybe Chase will get ESP and know something is wrong.

The Scar is back.... so I guess even a Nuclear Bomb can't kill the guy. Maybe the General will realize something is up since they asked about the bomb. What's will it take to kill the scar?

Great Chapter as ways! :2thumbs:

Edward

Thanks Edward!!

I can't answer the questions without giving spoilers, but, The Scar wasn't hurt by a nuke: Just some plastic explosive in the base of a massive six-axis lathe. :)

But, but, but... No cliffhangers, unless Shadowgod added them. :)

:ph34r: Oh dear, I just knew it was all going just too smoothly. I mean homophobc Bikers with lethal weapons a stuck together scar with murderous intent... and the cavalry that I can't see yet... gosh this is going to be a long week ahead. But I think perhaps Brody to the rescu ... but how? :wacko:

Peter

Hi Peter!

I had to do something regarding the bikers. They were okay before Brandon and Chase came out, but a lot of bikers don't like gays. It made sense to me that, even with the money they are paid, some might have a few.. issues. :)

I can say this for sure: When I'm around bikers, I do not let on that I'm gay. Only one biker that I know, knows.

Last Paragraph from LTMP:

The resulting explosion tore through the building, shattering it and sending a guttering column of fire and smoke high into the hazy Buenos Aires sky as The Scar fell victim to the dead hand of the man he

• Site Administrator

Reading this chapter and having verification that The Scar is still alive got me thinking :blink: .

Looking at what we have so far, maybe it is time to put some guesses out there and see if any of them come true.

Based on the fact that The Scar is alive and he is an international arms dealer might be the biggest couple of clues.

I wonder if The Scar has had any personal dealing with Iran over the years. It wouldn't be too far fetched.

Next, he knows the General was the point man in discovering and disarming his bombs. How hard would it be in The Scar's rehab time to do a bit of research into the General's family. Could he have gone so far as to enlist powers in Iran to abduct his son? The Scar I could imagine sway the Iranian government with the possibility of getting his know how on nuclear arms in exchange for exacting revenge on the General. Their is also an ace card up his sleeve if he has been able to find out somehow that Brian is gay too. This could definitely be disastrous.

After the Iranian's got Brian, he would then make himself available for hire to the General by having Yuri available right when the General is looking for help.

Lastly, since the General has been associated with the guys from Instinct, The Scar may be hoping to exact his revenge on them as well. I'm sure he will be tickled pink (and the revival of Jerry :P ) if he learns of how the General made it to the island, and may even learn of the rest of the band's planned arrival for a wedding in the near future.

Things may be looking very dark for all of the heroes from LTMP in my opinion.

Now all we have to do is wait and see if CJ is evil enough to write the General and Instinct into this corner.

Edit: Thanks Drew for catching the general's son's name is Brian, oops

Edited by wildone
Reading this chapter and having verification that The Scar is still alive got me thinking :blink: .

Looking at what we have so far, maybe it is time to put some guesses out there and see if any of them come true.

Based on the fact that The Scar is alive and he is an international arms dealer might be the biggest couple of clues.

I wonder if The Scar has had any personal dealing with Iran over the years. It wouldn't be too far fetched.

Next, he knows the General was the point man in discovering and disarming his bombs. How hard would it be in The Scar's rehab time to do a bit of research into the General's family. Could he have gone so far as to enlist powers in Iran to abduct his son? The Scar I could imagine sway the Iranian government with the possibility of getting his know how on nuclear arms in exchange for exacting revenge on the General. Their is also an ace card up his sleeve if he has been able to find out somehow that Greg (?) is gay too. This could definitely be disastrous.

After the Iranian's got Greg, he would then make himself available for hire to the General by having Yuri available right when the General is looking for help.

Lastly, since the General has been associated with the guys from Instinct, The Scar may be hoping to exact his revenge on them as well. I'm sure he will be tickled pink (and the revival of Jerry :P ) if he learns of how the General made it to the island, and may even learn of the rest of the band's planned arrival for a wedding in the near future.

Things may be looking very dark for all of the heroes from LTMP in my opinion.

Now all we have to do is wait and see if CJ is evil enough to write the General and Instinct into this corner.

B) ..........Sounds like we both agree on the evil the goat can bring forth. It also sounds like you have Scar's plans pegged, how far would the General go to free his son? Is Scar willing to make a swap? Instinct for the Generals son?

Generals son is named Brian.

But your ideas for what is going to happen next, I could deft see happening, epically since the goat is around.

One has to wonder if Eric will end up with Brian. That would certainly be an interesting development. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..