• Site Administrator

Knowing that there is only two chapters left, and all of us anxious to find out how things will wrap up...

I'll have to scream of 'cruel and unusual punishment' if we have a horrible cliffhanger at the end of 35 :D

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Moderator
Knowing that there is only two chapters left, and all of us anxious to find out how things will wrap up...

I'll have to scream of 'cruel and unusual punishment' if we have a horrible cliffhanger at the end of 35 :D

If this happens, then you know what to do next year. Nominate and vote for Allen as King of Evil Cliffhangers.

If this happens, then you know what to do next year. Nominate and vote for Allen as King of Evil Cliffhangers.

That's a very good point...though that to be fair would only be one cliffhanger. The goat on the other hand....... :devil:

• Site Moderator

It appears that Mother is slowly loosing her authority within Haven and may not be around much longer. Will she be rescued along with the rest of the royal family? She's definitely got something up her sleeve and I think it's something helpful.

What ever is going to happen, they better get on with before they loose the Haven Heart Stone.

It looks like Dalen just learned something new about Van and it might change his mind about having a mate. Especially if GAVIN has anything to say about it.

Cliffhanger chapter. I don 't think so. We can all use our imaginations as to what happened. I don't think there was any way Gavin is going to let Dalen get away.

I could be wrong here, but based on the events of this chapter, I think we'll see the rescue everyone in the palace which may include a fierce mage battle.

• Site Administrator

Hmmm, one chapter left, Haven still besieged, but now with a plague, Mommy helping people escape Haven when the Bell rings, the heartstone is dying a slow death, the Royal family being held hostage.....

And Dalen and Gavin are getting down and dirty :lol:

:great:

Steve - Canada West

• Site Moderator
grrrr...this is a lot to wrap up in one damn chapter...unless Dalen dies in the attempt...naw, allen can't be that cruel can he?

I agree, there is a lot to wrap up. And it won't be the first time an author has lead us to believe that a character has died, or is going to. CJ did it to us with The Scar. You've done it with Garret, tho with what he was about to do, I don't think he will be back in person. So Allen could take it either way.

I can also see an eventual sequel in the future with Gavin leading the way.

I can see a sequel to this, it does seem an awful lot to cram into one chapter. I agree that Selenay will sacrifice her own life for the good of the people, maybe we underestimated her earlier! As for Dalen, I don't know, there seems to be a lot of pieces missing of the puzzle, so it's difficult to get the full picture. Will he die at the end? I honestly have no clue, and I think that's the beauty of Allen's' writing. He's kept us all guessing 'til the very end.

I just want to be put out of my misery! :lol:

• Site Administrator

Well I was definitely wrong about Dalen failing :P .

I want to thank Allen Smithee for giving us this amazing story. :worship:

It has been very well written, well laid out, and been a very enjoyable read. I have looked forward to each chapter being released and will feel somewhat empty without the 'next' chapter. I know for sure I'll sit down and read the entire story from beginning to end when I get the chance, as I'm sure I enjoy it even more.

Seeing Dalen grow up and find everything that he needs to complete him even though he struggled and resisted his destiny has been great.

I don't want to get into too many spoilers right now, but will join in when some others comment.

Well done Allen, take a much deserved bow :worship: .

Steve B)

• Site Moderator

I agree Steve. Allen wrapped this story up quite nicely. That was a good way to end this ride.

I can't wait to see what Allen's got in store for us next.

That was an ending and a half, and I think we all got it wrong!

I half expected the plague to wipe the Haighlei out, not the mages being driven to distraction by the vrondi. But I have to say he wrapped things up very nicely, including Gavin being Dalen's bonded.

Excellent story, and I for one can't wait to see what else is in store for us. :worship::worship::worship:

• 5 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I would imagine it'll be a few months... but Allen does like to surprise me.

• 2 months later...

Since there won't be a forum set up, or an email address to write the author, per the announcement, I thought I'd take it upon myself to start a discussion for this story.

Two chapters are currently posted.

I found these chapters to be interesting. I've run across some elements that this reader hasn't seen before. I won't say anymore at the risk of giving any spoilers.

I will ask one question of a certain shadowy figure and a goat. Have you guys been giving lessons?