Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes Chapter 51 & Epilogue

Just finished reading it (for the first time at least) - FANTASTIC wrap-up... I especially loved Horst's Plan "A" for George...

I'll miss reading about the guys, but look forward to any future stories of yours...

A most satisfying conclusion to an often raucous story. I loved every minute of reading every chapter, but

a happy ending

is always my favorite part.

The committee are currently reading and rereading the last chapter and epilogue. We will gather at the pond later this evening for our final deliberations. In the interim, does anyone see any unresolved cliffhangers in Changing Lanes?

A most satisfying conclusion to an often raucous story. I loved every minute of reading every chapter, but

a happy ending

is always my favorite part.

The committee are currently reading and rereading the last chapter and epilogue. We will gather at the pond later this evening for our final deliberations. In the interim, does anyone see any unresolved cliffhangers in Changing Lanes?

B)...........Maybe not unresolved, but unclear as to whether the bodies of Jim, Linda and Pvt. Johnson were located and retrieved from the island. Memorials need not have actual burials, even in Arlington. I also wonder if a search was conducted for Scar (Splatzo) body?

Edited by Benji

B)...........Maybe not unresolved, but unclear as to whether the bodies of Jim, Linda and Pvt. Johnson were located and retrieved from the island. Memorials need not have actual burials, even in Arlington. I also wonder if a search was conducted for Scar (Splatzo) body?

But Benji, the text says Biker Funeral. A funeral, as opposed to a memorial service, requires a body. So too does internment in Arlington. As for poor Jerry, is it possible that you might have missed the following paragraph, which just this very minute mysteriously appeared in the Epilogue?

0:)

The Scar's shattered and rotting corpse, recovered from an ash-covered rocky field on La Palma, had laid to rest any lingering doubt regarding his involvement in the events on the island.

BTW a paragraph did mysteriously vanish during beta, some weeks ago... A certain beta reader objected to his career being shown in the story, so he insisted... However, I can post said paragraph here.

In Melbourne, Australia, Broderick Worthington Graeme IV, still seething over the firing that had ended his government career, had embarked upon a new life: echidna rancher.

But Benji, the text says Biker Funeral. A funeral, as opposed to a memorial service, requires a body. So too does internment in Arlington. As for poor Jerry, is it possible that you might have missed the following paragraph, which just this very minute mysteriously appeared in the Epilogue?

BTW a paragraph did mysteriously vanish during beta, some weeks ago... A certain beta reader objected to his career being shown in the story, so he insisted... However, I can post said paragraph here.

B).............Thanks for

mysteriously

clearing that up! I seem to remember where certain WWII vet's KIA but the bodies were unretrievable had markers at Arlington. I'm not 100% sure!

B).............Thanks for

mysteriously

clearing that up! I seem to remember where certain WWII vet's KIA but the bodies were unretrievable had markers at Arlington. I'm not 100% sure!

Hrmm, you might be right about that!

On the other hand, Private Johnson's body was with Jim and Linda, so we can assume they were all recovered.

I am hopeful that the Amphibious Committee will certify the story cliffhanger-free.

My sincere thanks to everyone who has posted. :wub:

Hrmm, you might be right about that!

On the other hand, Private Johnson's body was with Jim and Linda, so we can assume they were all recovered.

I am hopeful that the Amphibious Committee will certify the story cliffhanger-free.

My sincere thanks to everyone who has posted. :wub:

Chapter 51 is a really good chapter and ep as well, and yay for keithers and brian. I loved the meeting with Gen Bradson and the President.

Edited by Drewbie

CJ,

All around the story was great. :2thumbs::worship:

The last chapter and Epilogue tied it all together very nice.

Glad to see everything worked out for all the people involved.

Looking forward to your next story and will miss reading about the guys.

Edward

It seems that instincts career hasn't died as Helen feared.

Nice to see Jane has moved on and picked the right man of action rather than a dull life.

Found a typo not "say in the Marines" but "stay" an easy typo for a grammar checker one would assume rather a spell checker.

oh it would have been cute to have that graeme paragraph in there.

Nice scare for George.

Nice to put everyone in a blissful life.

Excellant Closure for Eric

Amazed with how many couples formed thats a wow.

You left JON out in the cold - I wonder if you realized that?

Poor poor JON

Book 3 - Something for JON ( maybe in the Stripper Club?? )

A cliffhanger for Jon. We can only assume the best for him.

As long as instinct is ok - Helen and Barb are OK

Hey is the Club in LA area or SF area?

I take it that the rumble from god in CA is just part of life.

Thanks for pointing out how the misunderstood Jerry lays.

I can only assume LUMP is the only one of the CLUMPS that changing the family legacy.

Just an update...

This thing may go well into the night. We've hit a little bit of a snag. Will keep you informed.

B)............Hello? Hello? Hello? Is there anyone out there? Is there anyone at all? Silence, silence, tell me can you hear me? Can you hear me at all? The stories over, the addicts weekly fix of goat un-replenished, the pimp is gone, the fix is done, the feeling is gone..........now we lay, just comfortably numb!!

Well f**k it, I hear Frog legs are very tasty!!!

Great story CJ!

Grrrr! This makes me mad!

We've had to suspend our deliberations for a while. Someone spiked the pond with tequila.

Who would do such a thing? Probably some goat or some dude from Vegas.

I'll get back to you later.

I liked the way that Eric and Jansen got Brian and Keith to finally open their eyes.

I loved the whole story. Great job Cliff James. Are you sure you don't have books out somewhere.lmaosmiley.gifworshippy.gif

I am satisfied but I do have to agree that with Jon left out in the cold it could be considered a cliffie.

Wow, it's finally over! I can't believe I've been reading this tale for over a year now, and how long was Changing Lanes before that? It doesn't seem like any time at all.

It really was excellent - brilliant, believable characters; brilliant, well researched stories; varied locations - what more could you want?

So, thanks, CJ.

Perhaps Jon's story will be the the next installment... ?

It was a long night but the committee finally sobered up and finished it's work. We are pleased to present an Amphibian Certification to Cliff James in recognition of his attaining a cliffhanger free conclusion to his most recent story Changing Lanes.

cjcertificate3.jpg

• Site Moderator

It's already been stated that there won't be a third story. I'm not sure what CJ could do to top the other two. I'm also thinking, that if CJ should change his mind and try a third story in the series, it will be a long time coming. We already know he has a couple of projects he's working on, or will be working on. He's already told us about them.

Sorry to be such a downer on this.

I enjoyed working with CJ and the rest of the team on this story, even tho I came in late. The only bad part, I had to watch what I said.

So in closing, I'll say, Good Job to CJ and the rest of the team on a magnificent story.

Congratulations, Goat Buddy!! :worship::worship:

All that research! I get exhausted just thinking about it. Well, it all paid off in delivering another excellent story, CJ! :2thumbs:

I'm going to miss all the guys, that's for sure. :wub: I somehow don't feel bad for Jon at all. Following Instinct concerts from now on, all the female groupies will be directed to Jon's hotel room. B)

I couldn't have asked for a better ending. :D

• Site Administrator

It was a long night but the committee finally sobered up and finished it's work. We are pleased to present an Amphibian Certification to Cliff James in recognition of his attaining a cliffhanger free conclusion to his most recent story Changing Lanes.

cjcertificate3.jpg

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa your Royal Froginess, I shall point out some outstanding issues, some very major that the always evil goat hid in the text thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif . Due to not have internet conection for a couple of days, please excuse my late response, but first...............

Thank you CJ for an amazing story worshippy.gif . Your dedication to posting on a weekly basis, and even trying to post on the same schedule while on holidays is remarkable.

You told us that the next chapter would be Eric's chapter and you delivered that to us. You also included the rest of the cast to keep the story in sync tongue.gif .

A pause in your busy schedule is a must so you can take a bow for your accomplishment. We all salute you and encourage you to continue to use your gift to bring satisfaction to not only yourself, but your many readers as well.

Unfortunately, I sadly do have to point out a major cliffhanger. It has been lurking around for a while and this sentence popped out at me at the end of the story:

Sometimes, dreams die the hardest deaths of all. But on those rare and ephemeral other times, when fickle fate is kind, dreams proffer unto those rare and lucky few the greatest life of all.

That sentenance reeks of something the Scar would say!!!

Remember way back when, The Scar was spreading his seed with unknown hookers in foreign countries? Whose to say he did not put aside some money for a Scar Jr. to be raised to continue on his practices and ambitions?sad.gif

Yes, the Scar is dead, but what about his possible heirs?

It seems that instincts career hasn't died as Helen feared.

Nice to see Jane has moved on and picked the right man of action rather than a dull life.

Found a typo not "say in the Marines" but "stay" an easy typo for a grammar checker one would assume rather a spell checker.

oh it would have been cute to have that graeme paragraph in there.

Nice scare for George.

Nice to put everyone in a blissful life.

Excellant Closure for Eric

Amazed with how many couples formed thats a wow.

You left JON out in the cold - I wonder if you realized that?

Poor poor JON

Book 3 - Something for JON ( maybe in the Stripper Club?? )

A cliffhanger for Jon. We can only assume the best for him.

As long as instinct is ok - Helen and Barb are OK

Hey is the Club in LA area or SF area?

I take it that the rumble from god in CA is just part of life.

Thanks for pointing out how the misunderstood Jerry lays.

I can only assume LUMP is the only one of the CLUMPS that changing the family legacy.

Thanks for the typo catch!!! I do need to point out that that line was added AFTER my team had worked on it, so it's no reflection on their skill, just my own skill at typos. :)

The Club is in the LA area. :) And yes, quakes are just a fact of life there.

As for Jon... His band is back on top, and he's happy. He likes being single so why change? :)

I loved the whole story. Great job Cliff James. Are you sure you don't have books out somewhere.lmaosmiley.gifworshippy.gif

I am satisfied but I do have to agree that with Jon left out in the cold it could be considered a cliffie.

ACK, the Frog's influence spreads; I'm getting called Cliff James! :ph34r:

Wow, it's finally over! I can't believe I've been reading this tale for over a year now, and how long was Changing Lanes before that? It doesn't seem like any time at all.

It really was excellent - brilliant, believable characters; brilliant, well researched stories; varied locations - what more could you want?

So, thanks, CJ.

Perhaps Jon's story will be the the next installment... ?

Thanks!!!

It's been almost two years since LTMP began, i think.

Sorry, but I don't have any plans for another sequel. Of course, never say never, because a plot might just hit me. A short story would probably be more likely though, if I return to the LTMP/Changing Lanes universe.

Congratulations, Goat Buddy!! :worship::worship:

All that research! I get exhausted just thinking about it. Well, it all paid off in delivering another excellent story, CJ! :2thumbs:

I'm going to miss all the guys, that's for sure. :wub: I somehow don't feel bad for Jon at all. Following Instinct concerts from now on, all the female groupies will be directed to Jon's hotel room. B)

I couldn't have asked for a better ending. :D

GREAT point on Jon!!! He's definitely going to be getting more groupies than ever. LoL!

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa your Royal Froginess, I shall point out some outstanding issues, some very major that the always evil goat hid in the text thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif . Due to not have internet conection for a couple of days, please excuse my late response, but first...............

Thank you CJ for an amazing story worshippy.gif . Your dedication to posting on a weekly basis, and even trying to post on the same schedule while on holidays is remarkable.

You told us that the next chapter would be Eric's chapter and you delivered that to us. You also included the rest of the cast to keep the story in sync tongue.gif .

A pause in your busy schedule is a must so you can take a bow for your accomplishment. We all salute you and encourage you to continue to use your gift to bring satisfaction to not only yourself, but your many readers as well.

Unfortunately, I sadly do have to point out a major cliffhanger. It has been lurking around for a while and this sentence popped out at me at the end of the story:

That sentenance reeks of something the Scar would say!!!

Remember way back when, The Scar was spreading his seed with unknown hookers in foreign countries? Whose to say he did not put aside some money for a Scar Jr. to be raised to continue on his practices and ambitions?sad.gif

Yes, the Scar is dead, but what about his possible heirs?

Hrmmm, of course, Jerry's son Joe is still alive, and although the last we saw of him (in LTMP) he had turned against the dark side, he's shown a propensity for it (Back when he was known as Lump) And he is Jerry's son, and he was traumatized as a child (Jerry's garroting of Joe's mother).

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..