Are you intimidated of the Soap Box?

Camilo

• Site Administrator

Nah. For as 'loud' as I am I just don't think I'm in your face controversial enough for the Soapbox to be an issue for me when I do choose to comment.

No, but I don't participate when I can help it because it kinda just sucks in there a lotta times, and at the end of the day when I come on to GA, the soapbox is not where I want to spend my leisure.

• Like 1

Yup! :unsure:

For me it usually depends on what people have already posted. I usually don't like simply saying I agree with this person or that person so if I think that I have nothing more to add to discussion, then I don't post a reply. Another factor would also be if I am not that informed about a topic. I try to read up on the topics I'm not that familiar with before trying to see if I have an opinion on it or not.

Also, people here are so darn smart that I just don't understand what they are saying sometimes. I remember reading a thread once where Hylas was talking some other guys about something I thought I knew but then they started using some weird math equation or something. My reaction -> :blink::unsure:

No. But since I don't fit in with either the Right or Left, it's the only place I have to voice my political and social opinions. Funny thing is...as time passes, I seem to have less to say; politics and social issues are beginning to bore me and I can't decide if that's a bad thing.

No, I don't post in there often, but when I do, I make it clear that I have something to say. ^^

Besides, GA seems like a family to me, and I don't feel scared to voice my opinion anymore, and if someone bashes me unnecessarily for it or feeds me wrong information, then I know there's someone else to correct him/her. It's something you don't see everyday. <3

Edited by Arpeggio

No, but I don't participate when I can help it because it kinda just sucks in there a lotta times, and at the end of the day when I come on to GA, the soapbox is not where I want to spend my leisure.

I agree, I don't feel like discussing and arguing about things that people have argued over and over again. I stick to the sillybox where it's nice and mellow.

I agree, I don't feel like discussing and arguing about things that people have argued over and over again. I stick to the sillybox where it's nice and mellow.

And that really is how things are designed, if you think about it. That's why there are the warnings in The Soap Box, because when people talk about politics, religion, etc, it sometimes becomes passionate. If you don't want to deal with conflict, you just avoid it, kind of like you'd steer clear of the "bad' part of town.

• Like 1

And that really is how things are designed, if you think about it. That's why there are the warnings in The Soap Box, because when people talk about politics, religion, etc, it sometimes becomes passionate. If you don't want to deal with conflict, you just avoid it, kind of like you'd steer clear of the "bad' part of town.

I find that a very reasonable attitude. I could talk to someone with that outlook.