My Favorite Christmas Carols

I love Christmas time and the music is one of the things I love the best. I don't mean Frosty the Snowman or Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and certainly not Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer, but the traditional carols, Silent Night, O Come All Ye Faithful and all the ones they sing in England & Germany (Austria) that we don't sing here. I'm not sure what my favorite one is, I guess it changes depending on my mood, but right now I just love O Come All Ye Faithful and love it in Latin too.

Oh Holy Night gives me chills when I hear it. I just love it ... and sing along to it loudly whenever it's on. I can sing but my range isn't that good! lol

This is an absolutely beautiful rendition and I got chills as usual. The violinist looks a little possessed but otherwise ...

Edited by Stargazer

I like choirs :)

And here is an Austrian one for you :)

I was in the choir during high school and loved the Christmas concert, but we were nothing compared to the 'Libera' boys choir. They are nothing short of magnificent. I can watch their videos for hours!

Thanks for sharing.

Honestly, I hate Christmas carols, even worse are the brats that come round knocking on your door demanding money for singing so out of tune the glass is struggling to remain intact.

Bah humbug. :P

People actually DO that? I've never even HEARD of someone to whom that actually happened. I don't think I would like that either.

But I do like that tired old song titled, Do You Hear What I hear? (Probably from when I had to sing it as a child in a school concert.)

Christmas carrols have been ruined for me because I've been hearing them since Halloween pitching everything from Transformers toys to Depends for old folks.

I think there should be a rule: no Christmas carols before Dec. 1 or after Dec. 31.

• Like 2

I really like the song that they played on Grey's Anatomy last night:

http://abc.go.com/music-lounge/artist/jules-larson/588160

I love Christmas time and the music is one of the things I love the best. I don't mean Frosty the Snowman or Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and certainly not Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer, but the traditional carols, Silent Night, O Come All Ye Faithful and all the ones they sing in England & Germany (Austria) that we don't sing here. I'm not sure what my favorite one is, I guess it changes depending on my mood, but right now I just love O Come All Ye Faithful and love it in Latin too.

Christmas carrols have been ruined for me because I've been hearing them since Halloween pitching everything from Transformers toys to Depends for old folks.

I think there should be a rule: no Christmas carols before Dec. 1 or after Dec. 31.

grinch_santa.jpg

scroogescared.jpg

• Like 1

And a very happy humbug to you, too.

• 3 weeks later...