If you could relive one moment of your life...

Hi everyone.

Just out of curiosity: if you could relive one thing of your life, what would it be and why?

As for myself: at first I thought I wanted to relive my 18th birthday, but I've changed my mind. You see, when I was 8 years old, my grandfather died of internal bleeding, in the hospital. A vein had broken and thus he bled to death. Now, a few days before he died (he was already in the hospital for an other broken vein), I went to visit him, with my mother. But I didn't go see him in his room, because I had this horrible image in my head of seeing my grandfather with a really big, scary scar, so I got scared and didn't want to go into the room. My mom said it was okay and went in without me. I stayed with my grandmother, who was there as well. Of course, they told me that there was really nothing scary to see, but I was too scared, and they didn't push it. After all, he would be back home in a few days, right? Well, no, he wouldn't. My grandfather died a few days later, and to this day I regret not going into that room to see him. I didn't say goodbye when I had the chance. So if I could relive one moment of my life, it would be when my mom asked me if I wanted to go with her to see my grandfather. And I would say yes.

So, what were your special moments in life you'd want to relive?

If I can remember well, my first memories go back to 1932 (I was 3 years old). That makes 79 years to remember, so not an easy task to choose the moment of my life I would like to relive...

As I already wrote it in one of my first blogs, I was 14. It was a nice summer, we were 3 boys same age, camping on a lonely beach on the lake of Geneva. Nobody else was there and we hiked between forest and beach and jumped from time to time in the deep lake to cool and enjoy. In the late evening, one boy, the eldest of us, disappeared in our tent and went to sleep. We stayed on the beach, my best friend and me, looked ourselves deep in the eyes, silent, each of us expecting the other to make the first step. And then, suddenly we both put our swimsuits away, ran naked to the water and began to fight against each other, just to touch with our hands what our eyes had seen before for the first time.

The fight became a play, and we discovered “by practice” that we were both gay. It was my real fist experience of making love with a boy, a wonderful experience, the best one of all others that came later in my life.

Relive it ? I still do it in my dreams……

• Like 4

It sounds stupid but there are thousands of moments I wish I could relive and chose another option, then my life would be different then it is today so I question it.

There are actually two moments that I can't really chose from, ones quite emotional for me and the other is something I don't know If I could ever feel that way again.

One moment would be from when I was around 11, I got so angry that I slamed a sliding door, (a very long story short) and the top bit of the door actually broke off and fell onto my mums head and messed up her eyesight pretty badly. I would want to relive this moment just so I could have calmed down before I walked out that door and maybe she wouldn't have had some problems.

The other would be when I finally washed over me that it's ok being me. I was lying in bed in the middle of the day on January 1st this year, after being accepted by a friend the night before just for being me, not for the mask of something I'm not. I wish I could relive it just so I could feel the calmness, being hopeful and actually being happy for a split second.

The feeling went away as soon as I left my bedroom and it hasn't come back but maybe one day it will.

There are so many moments that I could choose; however, the first one that came to mind was the day my grandmother called all of her children and grandchildren to her side like a Queen summoning her subjects.

My grandmother was a formidable women and to most of her family, she was exceedingly conservative with her love. For some reason, she treated me like a King. She was dying of lung cancer, and when she knew she had very little time left to live she gathered her family around her, then one-by-one she said a private goodbye to each of us in her sitting room. When my turn came, I sat down beside her, and she told me that she knew that I was gay - in spite of everyone trying to keep it a secret from her. She said that she loved me for being the kind, honorable person that she knew me to be. Almost nothing else was said. She held me while I cried. It is the most tender, direct affirmation I have every received.

I love her for NOT saying that she knew I was gay and loved me anyway...! "Anyway" would have meant that she loved me even though I was flawed. She gave me one of the greatest gifts of my life.

• Like 1

I'd like to relive my high school grad in the Philippines. I don't particularly care about the grad itself but there was one point at the end when everyone was mingling after the ceremony that I looked at this guy who used to be one of my best friends and just turned away. We were really good friends from sixth grade all the way up to four months before grad, and then he just avoided me at all cost. I wish that I had the courage to go up to him and ask him what happened. The day after grad, I moved to Canada and never talked to him again. I had three friends that I considered family and I didn't even bother fight it when I was losing one of them. So, yeah, I'd definitely want to have that day back.

I guess it would be the day I hit on my second boyfriend Brian. Had I known what would happen in the future, I never would have done it (seeing as how the relationship turned into a disaster). With my other two boyfriends, they made the first move.

Hmmmm, once a sub, always a sub, seems to be my flavor of the day. wacko.gif

I guess it would be the day I hit on my second boyfriend Brian. Had I known what would happen in the future, I never would have done it (seeing as how the relationship turned into a disaster). With my other two boyfriends, they made the first move.

mmmm, once a sub, always a sub, seems to be my flavor of the day. wacko.gif

Trev, you are sooo young... I'm sure you will once live a real moment which will be the one you will remember... forever :great:. (As I did).

Everybody should have such a chance. You should just be watchful,.... "Somewhere, behind the rainbow".....

Trev, you are sooo young... I'm sure you will once live a real moment which will be the one you will remember... forever :great:. (As I did).

Everybody should have such a chance. You should just be watchful,.... "Somewhere, behind the rainbow".....

Yes, it should be a really great moment that one wishes to relieve just the way it was... because it was a good moment.. but i am not sure everybody is as lucky as you Bob :). I still have hope for myself though.. so of course i have hope for the younguns :P

Edited by YaP

I'm gonna be really boring and say I wouldn't change a thing.

I was holding back to post my aswer to give myself some time to really think about the answer.

There are plenty of things I wish I'd done differently or left un done, of mny things. BUT those things I still carry with me, they are the things, moments and people in my life that have helped me to become the me I am know. So, all the scars and hurts I have caused to others, I feel sorry too, but I feel I have learned from those situations too.

There's so many moments I would love to relive, none I would change, though simply because they all happened for some reason, even if I don't know the reason.

I would go back to being a kid and relive every Christmas and Easter again at my grandparents' house with my entire family there before the family got too large to be all together like that. I'd relive moments with my best friend growing up because we were so young and clueless and had fun just being together. I'd also love to do the hanging out her and I did when we were just old enough to go out. We had some great times seeing bands, sneaking into bars before we were old enough to drink and chasing guys! lol

There's more but that's just a little glimpse. I'd rather relive the good times than go back and change anything bad.

Guest Jesse_James

I also have a few.

1) When I started hooking up with people. It turned me into a person I didn't like very much, I've changed my ways.

2) My high school days, I would have focused more and taken it more serious. I graduated but I still f**ked around. I also would have gone straight to college and not have taken time off. I got too comfortable lol.

3) Dating some of my ex's....they were just awful.

:boy:

Edited by Jesse_James

Oh man....

I'm pretty sure I would want to relive more than just a few moments from my last high school in Nova Scotia for the purpose of hopefully changing the outcome.

If I had to choose one though, it would be graduation.

I never did get the chance to get any phone numbers that day for the purpose of keeping in touch. By the time I did manage to get back in touch with them via Facebook approximately 4 years later, I didn't know how to talk to them any more.

*sigh*

Another would probably be in 1994 (i think) when my parents gave me a choice to either stay in Canada and go to a boarding school or move with them to Hong Kong. The years in Hong Kong were so tumultuous that I wish that I chose to stay in Canada...I returned to Canada in 2002 on my own, and since then, I have slowly gotten back on track...

Edited by thephoenix

This post is going to be a bit angsty, so beware!

The moment I would relive again was when I unwittingly arrived upon the scene of my own friend's death. Sounds sick, yes? My father and I were going out for dinner, when we were stopped at an intersection due to an accident. I made a really mean remark about it, not knowing that only a few minutes before, my own friend had made the foolish mistake of jaywalking right in front of a car, being run over, and ultimately killed. I learned about it later that night, and realized that I'd completely trampled over him. I'd made it seem like that those people who get in accidents are far away, and could never affect me. Therefore, it was okay to make nasty comments about them. I learned a life lesson from that incident, but I will never be able to live my insensitivity down. That's why, if I could return to that intersection two years ago, I would stop myself from saying that thing. I don't think I would be able to, or should, prevent his death, but I could still preserve his and my respect.

Dangerous question as these points are turning points.

Zigging where you once zagged? Answer the phone or don't? Take the red pill or the green pill?

Changing directions at one of these points could change your whole life and make you a different person.

It also makes a mess of the quantum structure of the universe when you change history.

Time Travel: Just Say No.

The temporal reality that you save might just be your own.

• Like 1

I met my future husband when I was only 11 years old. he was my best friend all through school. We watched each other grow up and change. When we were seventeen we kinda grew apart, I had developed a crush on him and I didn't want him to know I was gay. In my third year of college I got a phone call saying he was in the hospital. I rushed to see him and after many talks he confessed that he started hanging out with his druggie friends more because he had feelings for me. I wish I had told him, I wish that I had the courage when I was 17 to tell him. I had so many chances, but I had to wait till I nearly lost him to let him know how I really felt. I'll never make that same mistake again. I tell him how i feel every time i see him.

• Like 2

I'm ashamed of a few things I've done in my life.

Most of them I wish I could take back.

I would say I'd like to fit in, in life. But I supose I'm rather happy being me. I just want other to accept that.

Sooo to the point.

I think I would take back the moment me and my ex broke up and do it differently. Well Try... Because that relationship break up lasted 2 weeks. XD