show your place

• Site Administrator

gallery_1999_255_5949.jpg

A little bit of everything....Prairies and farmland on the eastside of the city, a modern city of a million people and then on the westside starts the foothills with the Canadian rockies a 1/2 hour away.

.................Paris, France, where I work.

This is actually the Passerelle des Arts (the Arts Footbridge) over the Seine. I sometimes take my lunch break there.

It's commonly dubbed the Lovers' bridge because lovers attach a locker with their names engraved on it to the bridge's railings.......

Thanks for this wonderful pic from the Passerelle des Arts

:worship:. You are a lucky man !

Paris is also one of my favorite places. My father was.born rue de Turenne, I lived several years in Paris (first rue des Bauches in the 16ème, then rue Buffault in the 9ème) but the quarter I prefer is the Marais (you can imagine why :D) .

Probably Sara, we were just talking about Watts at the gang training conference. So maybe

Psft - fugetaboutit - been to Chester, been to Barry Farms. BF beats Chester hands down.

You guys are chumps. East and North St. Louis make those places look like Beverly Hills.

gallery_1999_255_5949.jpg

A little bit of everything....Prairies and farmland on the eastside of the city, a modern city of a million people and then on the westside starts the foothills with the Canadian rockies a 1/2 hour away.

I really like this pic, shows how quickly one landscape can change into another :)

sunset.jpg

St. Louis at night.

St.Louis.jpg

Kiener Plaza with the Old Courthouse in the background. The Old Courthouse is known as the site where the famous Dred Scott decision was made, a banner law for slaveowners. :angry:

KSUS.jpg

I live in the western burbs. Here's a picture of an airport near my house.

Cool places, peeps!

Because I don't know how to put a picture up here (yes, I'm that lame), I have a link to my gallery which shows my root home in Wellington. :)

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/gallery/image/3451-wellington/

This other one is a snapshot of Berlin during the Soccer World Cup: (Brandenburger Tor)

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/gallery/image/3450-p1010449/

Hope the pics work.

If they don't here's a pic of Wellington: http://www.furnituremovers.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/wellington.jpeg

And here is where I am in Berlin:

http://hottest-host.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Ferienunterkunft-Berlin-Friedrichshain1.jpg

• Like 1

You guys are chumps. East and North St. Louis make those places look like Beverly Hills.

Haha, that reminds me of the scene in Vacation when Chevy Chase stops to ask for directions in the ghetto of St. Louis and they all steal his hubcaps. :P

Paris, France, where I work.

This is actually the Passerelle des Arts (the Arts Footbridge) over the Seine. I sometimes take my lunch break there.

It's commonly dubbed the Lovers' bridge because lovers attach a locker with their names engraved on it to the bridge's railings.

A lonely rower on the Grand Canal in the Versailles Palace gardens.

I went running there on Sunday as I often do when the weather is nice.

During the summer the park is packed with tourists but last Sunday it was only a few degrees above freezing, hence the lonely rower.

MAN! Pont des Arts! Sooo many drunk parties! :D And Gardens of Versailles! There aren't many better pictures you could pick, Blue! :):boy:

I'll post pics from my city later, promise :)

MAN! Pont des Arts! Sooo many drunk parties! :D And Gardens of Versailles! There aren't many better pictures you could pick, Blue! :):boy:

I'll post pics from my city later, promise :)

Drunk parties! You? I've done a few picnics on Pont des Arts myself :P

And thanks :D

E7801381-Montreal,_Canada-SPL.jpg?id=697801381

Montreal, Quebec.

I live in a major Canadian city situated right on the island in the middle of the St. Lawrence River.

Too bad the island doesn't come with sandy beaches and hot sun seeing that we still have over a foot of snow on the ground and it's March now.:P

skyline_montreal_quebec_canada_photo_wikipedia.jpg

It's Canada's second largest metropolis (3.9 million) and has some things that you do not find anywhere in North America due to Montreal's French roots and history. It ranks high in quality of life and it's known for its joie de vivre, a laid-back attitude in life (as they say, people live in Toronto to work whereas the Montrealers work just to live).

capture1q.png

This is my apartment. I live on the second floor of the red-bricked building with the white staircase. :P It's in the heart of Villeray, a working class neighbourhood about 5-6 kilometres from downtown.

Edited by Jack Frost

Being forced by Andy (Quonus10), here's the place where I lived in Washington, DC.

Gallaudet_University.jpg?format=jpg

Also, Gallaudet University near Orleans Place (and the neighborhood Trinidad, the worst place where you can get shot down easily) where the famed drug lord Rayful Edmonds III did his trade till the conviction.

Being forced by Andy (Quonus10), here's the place where I lived in Washington, DC.

Gallaudet_University.jpg?format=jpg

Also, Gallaudet University near Orleans Place (and the neighborhood Trinidad, the worst place where you can get shot down easily) where the famed drug lord Rayful Edmonds III did his trade till the conviction.

John,

I'm impressed - way to go with Shout out. Gallaudet Univ, An oasis of nice in an area of not so nice :)

For those interested, Rayful Edmonds was the Al Capone of his day and place.

• Like 1

Where one lives has an effect how one views the world. How does where you live affect your writing? ...or does it?

It doesn't ! Because I don't write english stories, which is a rule here :2thumbs:.

Although I speak 4 languages, I prefer to write in French, my mother tongue.

BTW, the way how I view the world has nothing to do with where I live. It's a cultural or a educational point.

So I'll post some of my favorite pictures of the areas where I live. There's a reason why Vancouver, BC Canada is named one of the best places to live!

Our bridges:

333680008_af21c9dc08.jpg?v=0

Great place to go and stare out at the water...and re-think youre life

can11.jpg

And some of our wildlife:

5_orcas_in_johnstone_strait.jpg

I could gush on and on, but there's other vancouverites here, so they should totally tell everyone why VAN CITY ROCKKKKKSSSSS