show your place

From the number of posted pics and the multitude of comments, it seems to me that everybody like the topic "show yourself".

Going through a lot of profiles, I found that numerous members don’t hesitate to indicate the region where they live. Our members are “all around the world”.

It’s why I found interesting to create a topic "show your place”. If you like the place where you live, why not share it with others ?

GA shouldn’t turn into a “tourist’s office", but to look at beautiful places (not only to beautiful gals and guys) is also a pleasure.

Visit places “all around the world” is fun.

vue-aerienne-de-geneve.jpg

That’s where I live.

In 2009, a survey found Geneva to have the third-highest quality of life of any city in the world :D. But it was also ranked as the fourth most expensive city in the world :(

Here another place in the Swiss mountains where I spent several winter holidays with my children and friends an bought a lodge (I sold it later, too expensive) :(.

vercorin%20%281%29.gifvercorin.gifvercorin%20%283%29.gif

Edited by old bob

Swan_River,Perth,Western_Australia.jpg

^^ This is a recent photo from the south side of the Swan River foreshore

On Australia Day everyone comes to the foreshore, and in Kings Park (which isn't in this, but it's to the left) and the fireworks come out in the middle of the river

If you sit on the ANZAC Memorial in Kings Park, you can watch all the tourists come in buses and taking photos of everything... like they see a swan and 30 people surround it and take photos :P

1029145-Dunsborough-Perth.jpg

^^ This is one of the beaches just down the road where our second home is in the South-West Region

I like living where I am, except that everything is so far apart!!! Our 2 houses are over 400kms apart,

We were tied 8th for The Economist's World's Most Livable Cities 2011.... IMO we could have been 1st if everything was about 100kms closer, and if shopping centres were open later :P

I live in the town of Grand Lake, Colorado which is at the West entrance into the Rocky Mountain National Park. This place is just awesome -- fly fishing for trout in the mountain streams or snowmobiling on the trails above Grand Lake some 185 kilometres (that's about 115 miles) that is available to the adventurous.

Then there is my driveway that must be attended to before anything can happen!

post-2094-0-80135700-1299522924_thumb.jpg

post-2094-0-73852100-1299522988_thumb.jpg

post-2094-0-99603700-1299523294_thumb.jpg

post-2094-0-84158600-1299524685_thumb.jpg

I live in the town of Grand Lake, Colorado which is at the West entrance into the Rocky Mountain National Park. This place is just awesome -- fly fishing for trout in the mountain streams or snowmobiling on the trails above Grand Lake some 185 kilometres (that's about 115 miles) that is available to the adventurous.

Then there is my driveway that must be attended to before anything can happen!

Man I'm envious. Colorado in the winter is a skier's wet dream. :P

gallery_11076_295_935104.jpg

Paris, France, where I work.

This is actually the Passerelle des Arts (the Arts Footbridge) over the Seine. I sometimes take my lunch break there.

It's commonly dubbed the Lovers' bridge because lovers attach a locker with their names engraved on it to the bridge's railings.

gallery_11076_295_695145.jpg

A lonely rower on the Grand Canal in the Versailles Palace gardens.

I went running there on Sunday as I often do when the weather is nice.

During the summer the park is packed with tourists but last Sunday it was only a few degrees above freezing, hence the lonely rower.

Edited by Bleu
  • Like 1

2246729_55511a38.jpg

That is my Halls of Residence from this winter! This is taking over looking the quad. My block is actually the one nearest to that path on the left, you can just about make out the red door :P

No stalking now :P There is security 24 hours :lol:

004398_5eb36264.jpg

And what it looks like in summer :)

DCMall.jpg

I'm 35 or so miles south of Washington DC. This is my favorite spot in the city, the National Mall with the Smithsonian buildings down both sides.

Home.jpg

This is my small town in Southern Maryland. That gorgeous Victorian is the Mudd Building, a well-known family name where I live.

What the heck...here's a picture of moi, taken last week in howntown Palm Springs, Ca. The San Jacinto Mountains - to the west - are in the background. On the other side of the mountain range is the beginning of the Los Angeles urban sprawl.

post-2978-0-10303500-1299622199_thumb.jpg

I go to school at the University of California in Berkeley. This is a shot from the hills above the campus, in back of the

Lawrence Hall of Science. While we're going to school Doug, Chris, Steve, and I live in a house that's roughly halfway

between the tip of the Campanile Tower and the Bay.

uc-berkeley-from-berkeley-hills.jpg

This is Walnut Creek where I grew up and where my folks still live. This is a view of Mt. Diablo that's on the eastern edge

of the city. You can't see most of the buildings because of all the trees in the foreground. I took this picture two weeks

ago when there was a storm that brought a bit of snow to Mt. Diablo. Doug, Chris, Steve and I have hiked most of the

trails in Mt. Diablo State Park. If you look close you'll see a hawk flying just above the edge of the mountain to the left

about a third of the way in from the left edge of the picture. I didn't realize it was there until I looked at the image

when I got home

mt-diablo.jpg

Colin B)

Sharon's view of DC isn't quite the same as mine - no disrespect to James, but this is the REAL HOOD: Where I work:

Hm, does my hood trump your hood? Eh, I'm too lazy to post a pic of Watts.

Hm, does my hood trump your hood? Eh, I'm too lazy to post a pic of Watts.

Probably Sara, we were just talking about Watts at the gang training conference. So maybe

My ghetto trumps all your ghettos! Chester, PA baby. :P

Psft - fugetaboutit - been to Chester, been to Barry Farms. BF beats Chester hands down.

Fehr's Overlook, Bastrop State Park, Bastrop, TX

around the corner from home

This is more snow than anybody's seen here, ever.

soverlo.jpg

and home

householdcemetery012.jpg

Edited by eon