Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Song of the moment

Cjay

We steal the molecules from the dead. We liberate inanimate objects.

Interesting way to look at life...

Edited by MrM
  • Like 1

After looking thru many of these posts im likely alone in my choice of genre, but this is undoubtedly my favorite must listen. Good ole' Rachmaninoff Symphony #2, 3rd Movement never fails to pick me up when im feeling down, and just generally help me keep my troubles in perspective. 

• Like 2

After looking thru many of these posts im likely alone in my choice of genre, but this is undoubtedly my favorite must listen. Good ole' Rachmaninoff Symphony #2, 3rd Movement never fails to pick me up when im feeling down, and just generally help me keep my troubles in perspective. 

I like classical music :) and I know at least two others who are of the same mind... by the way, I prefer Tchaikovsky :thumbup:

EDIT: :rolleyes: This is one of the threads that I follow, so I'm not trying to stalk you :gikkle:

• Like 2

I like classical music :) and I know at least two others who are of the same mind... by the way, I prefer Tchaikovsky :thumbup:

I do as well as a whole, Tachaikovsky has a much broader body of work I enjoy. BUT a few of the Rach pieces hit me harder. Also been enjoying alot of Sibelius as of late (Symphony 7 is powerful)  :worship:

• Like 2

I am very partial to Rachmaninoff; his Vespers are gorgeous. But some days I'm in a French impressionist mood, and listen to Durufle, Debussy and Ravel. Durufle's setting of the Lord's Prayer is utterly stunning...

As the holidays are getting near.... I've been missing my sister who passed in May of this year a whole lot more. I think back to this song a lot.....

Oh Edward, I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

Thanks Lisa.... its been a tough year.

I know the holidays are the worst time of the year when you're missing a loved one. And this will be your first holiday w/o her. I'm so sorry.

I promise you will get through it, and it does get better in time. The first year is always the hardest.

• Like 1

As the holidays are getting near.... I've been missing my sister who passed in May of this year a whole lot more. I think back to this song a lot.....

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Like 1

Rachmaninoff is perhaps my most favorite classical composer. He is the soul of romance. This most famous piece by him is my most favorite piece of music of all:

• Like 2

• Site Moderator

Something cheerful.....at least it made me smile.

A radio show that I listen to in the Philly area ends the show playing this and reading comments for some of the listeners.

• Like 1

This is an amazing song by an amazing singer... acoustic... Chris Stapleton... CMA Best New Artist... man, what a talent...

Our 92.5 is country too. :)  Did you see him and Justin T on the CMAs? I didn't yet; I should try to YouTube it.