[Andrew_Q_Gordon] Comings and goings

So I figured I'd set up a topic where I can post updates on stuff and where folks can ask whatever they want - yeah you can ask even THAT type of question, I just don't promise to answer them. 0:)

Okay so update:

Working to finish Purpose working on Chapter 14 right now.

Finished rough draft of Chapter 2 of the trial of Jordan Colmar. That would tie up the Second Shot story line of Peter's injury.

Started a new Fantasy Story - it was going to be my entry for Legends, but it got too long too quick and hadn't gotten enough details out. Shelved that, though I add scenes here and there.

Trying to sketch out Arch Angel and how that is going to go - very rough

And finally - wrote an entry for the Legends anthology, though I am not sure I like it enough to post it. We'll see.

Questions? Thoughts?

I am sort of interested in doing short stories for a bit once Purpose is done, but before I tackle another lengthy story - what I was thinking is taking one of the existing stories - Second Shot, Purpose, Archangel, Not for Hire etc. and writing about a character and an event in their lives. So any suggestions - from someone other than Trevor - who I know wants something written about Jason or Peter - so I got that one already - please drop a note.

Andy

• Like 1

I'd like the story of how Marcus and Kenard meet and fall for each other, YES, I KNOW I'm a romantic, but these things interest me. Also, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the magic elements in the story and I'm sure more of that could be woven in somehow, each using their skills. Hmmmm, yeah, that would be my vote. :P

But you know I'll read anything. You probably want someone else's opinion for a change, anyhow, LOL.

• Like 1

I'd like the story of how Marcus and Kenard meet and fall for each other, YES, I KNOW I'm a romantic, but these things interest me. Also, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the magic elements in the story and I'm sure more of that could be woven in somehow, each using their skills. Hmmmm, yeah, that would be my vote. :P

But you know I'll read anything. You probably want someone else's opinion for a change, anyhow, LOL.

You would want the ONE story I have no idea how to write - I don't 'see' that yet - hmm you'll need to spot me an idea or two for that one ^_^

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Okay so this is something of a test for me - to see how many people who read and liked Second Shot are still reading - yeah a tick narcissistic I suppose but it won't be a 'hey let me know if you're still reading my stuff' post.

For reasons unknown to me I have suddenly had an inspiration for a sequel. And I put down my thoughts on chapter's one and two and a story board that maps out the new plot etc. This one is going to be from Peter's perspective. Beyond that - I can't say much. Instead of Jason and Darryl, Bryce - Peter's best friend will have much more prominent role in the story. I'm not sure how many other characters will be back from school, but Mrs. G will be there as will Hurricane Barbara and the rest of the Henry/Tellerman clan.

It's gonna take some time to get it together but I figured I tease y'all with this notion and say chapter one is in the works.

Andy

• Like 1

Okay so this is something of a test for me - to see how many people who read and liked Second Shot are still reading - yeah a tick narcissistic I suppose but it won't be a 'hey let me know if you're still reading my stuff' post.

For reasons unknown to me I have suddenly had an inspiration for a sequel. And I put down my thoughts on chapter's one and two and a story board that maps out the new plot etc. This one is going to be from Peter's perspective. Beyond that - I can't say much. Instead of Jason and Darryl, Bryce - Peter's best friend will have much more prominent role in the story. I'm not sure how many other characters will be back from school, but Mrs. G will be there as will Hurricane Barbara and the rest of the Henry/Tellerman clan.

It's gonna take some time to get it together but I figured I tease y'all with this notion and say chapter one is in the works.

Andy

Aha- I knew you couldn't just let the story go for too long. Waaaay too much story left untold given some of the background you gave to you major characters. Can't wait for Peters story to be told!

• Like 1

Aha- I knew you couldn't just let the story go for too long. Waaaay too much story left untold given some of the background you gave to you major characters. Can't wait for Peters story to be told!

Not to be too much of a downer, but a) it won't be done for a while and b ) it won't pick up where SS left off. It will probably be a bout 5 years later. Beyond that I'm not sure of much and the much I am sure of I am not talking about. 0:)

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Andy

I cast my vote for a sequel. The 2nd sequel (a third story) should be about Peter and Jason later in life. Thanks!

George,

I've actually got an idea for a sequel and a companion story, the sequel might have more chance of being written but maybe both who knows.

Thanks for the input.

Andy

• 2 months later...

Well my forum has officially passed 1000 posts. Woo Hoo Q'topolis, you go!. Granted that is small potatoes compared to the behemoths that are the forums of CJames, DomLuka, Mark Arbour, DK or Comicality but still I feel a wee bit of pride and a whole lot of gratitude for everyone who's stopped by and participated.

So

THANK YOU!!!!

You all know who you are. Posted Image

• 2 months later...

Been a whore's age [i love that phrase, now to work it into a story somehow] since I've updated here, so here goes.

Finished a project that may or may not be posted on GA, time will tell, but that's all I can say.

Bout to finish writing Purpose got the basics of the next two already written, about 6000 words worth, might be a bit less. Figure I got three or four left after these two, maybe five, not 100% sure.

I've started, read wrote a few pages, of a sequel to Second Shot and a companion story. Neither have gotten very far yet, but a start is how all stories begin.

I still hope/wish/ and deluding myself, that I'll get to writing ArchAngel into a full story. Same with a Cold Rain. Need to make sure I don't write another anthology story that has a premise I love and want to expand on. That might prove harder than I want, but we'll see.

Now that I'm back at work, my time is harder and easier to find to write. I find if I work real hard during my free hours at work, I can get done with an hour to spare and I'm using that to write. That and the hour at night after lil' Q goes to sleep.

Here's hoping I can be productive.

Andy

Okay....

I never had free time at work. I always had more work than time as well as questions from co-workers and subordinates that required time too. I worked through our so-called breaks and lunch. (Brown bagged sandwiches.) Went to work early and left late most days. I guess that is part of the reason I retired when I did.

So I guess this means, it won't be more than a month and we will see something??? Please!

• Like 1

Okay....

I never had free time at work. I always had more work than time as well as questions from co-workers and subordinates that required time too. I worked through our so-called breaks and lunch. (Brown bagged sandwiches.) Went to work early and left late most days. I guess that is part of the reason I retired when I did.

So I guess this means, it won't be more than a month and we will see something??? Please!

No promises, I really want the whole thing done before I start posting, though I might, stress might, be persuaded to post it once I get at least for of the 5/6 chapters remaining. but let's see how far I get this weekend :)

• Like 1

No promises, I really want the whole thing done before I start posting, though I might, stress might, be persuaded to post it once I get at least for of the 5/6 chapters remaining. but let's see how far I get this weekend Posted Image

I can't wait to read more of your stories. And one from Peter's point of view would be awesome. You're one of my favorite authors here, so anything you post, is good with me. Keep on keeping on :)

• Like 1

Thanks Billy, Not sure I can live up to the expectations, but I'll do my best.

As for something from Peter's POV - well that's in the works, but I'm not sure how he'll come across. Things can't be roses and cupcakes all the time for these two, else it'd get old fast. And the plot I have might not cast him in the best light - though to be honest, it - the plot - is not final so there is a good chance things will change along the way :P

• 1 month later...

Hi, this is my firt post in here. Andy, i found your history "Second shot" and you literally stole my mind and my dreams (long nights reading it) for about 5 days until i finished it. I can't wait to hear much more about you, Peter, Jason and the rest of the "family". It is amazing how you managed to take us back to college, remembering all the things we all went through, including love and some drama. Even Hurricane Barbara remebers me my own mother's reaction when i came out (also by accident). :)

What i like the most, is that you included some "explanation" or internal analysis about the real reasons of the problems and thoughts of the characters, which will help the reader to start thinking if anytime they have acted or overreacted similary. I guess that is why we all bond to the story, sometimes wanting to hug Jason, Peter, Barbara, Mrs G... And sometimes trying to shout to them to don't screw things.

I wrote this for you to keep that in mind for your sequel, and even do you are right that it can't be only about roses and cupcackes for Jason and Peter, Deep in our hearts we all want Jason And Peter to find their way together... Just as we all want our lives to be.

Oh! Peter has been already the bad boy by the end of the history... And although i really love Jason, i guess that it is time for him to deal with some of the internal or external pressure of the affluent world where he belongs by heritance. Just and idea... ;)

Greetings from Mexico... And congratulations... Eduardo

• Like 2

Eduardo,

Thanks for the comments, glad to hear you liked it. I think some of the story is loosely and I mean very loosely related to people I knew. I came out a bit older than Jason, but was still in school - though I chose to come out, I wasn't outted. I have ideas on a sequel, but I won't give too much away :)

I don't so much see Peter as a bad boy as much as he had a few bad turns, but he came out pretty good. Just don't ask me to choose between the two, they're both like my children and parents aren't supposed to choose favorites :)

Again, thanks - and cheers from Washington DC :D

Andy

Harrah, to you writing again. Sorry, I know I kidnap some of your time to get you to beta my story for me. I do so appreciate and. um, yeah they can blame for stalling the work on your own stuff lately. We hit the half way point so I won't be eating up your time for much longer. :lol:

• Like 1

Harrah, to you writing again. Sorry, I know I kidnap some of your time to get you to beta my story for me. I do so appreciate and. um, yeah they can blame for stalling the work on your own stuff lately. We hit the half way point so I won't be eating up your time for much longer. Posted Image

Working with you has not been a drag on my time Wayne, helping you has been great, I use it as a break from whatever else I'm doing so no worries. Besides I'm as anxious as everyone to see how things work out for Jonas. :)