Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

Something weird was wrong yesterday--I picked up where I left off after sending it to Gary, and got about another 400 words, and it just didn't feel right, so I deleted them...total progress yesterday--0 words. :(

For those of you who might think Jay & Miles is interminable, there are ideas floating around for it to end after Linda's Graduation. There WILL be a sequel, which takes up in their Senior Year...the question is what about the summer--right now, I'm thinking a chapter or two with some scenes spread over those three months rather than a daily or weekly journal like we're getting now. I'm not sure, but I think it would be too long for a Prologue...

Ideas, O Faithful Readers?

I'm not sure about this, CG. I think maybe you should pick up as the guys meet up the day before school starts... and do a natural kind of recap as the three couples tell each other about their summers... or bring up anecdotes that ease us back in. The switch in style of storytelling for the summer period might not work all that well... but I'm open for what you decide. G

• Like 3

I'm not sure about this, CG. I think maybe you should pick up as the guys meet up the day before school starts... and do a natural kind of recap as the three couples tell each other about their summers... or bring up anecdotes that ease us back in. The switch in style of storytelling for the summer period might not work all that well... but I'm open for what you decide. G

I'm keeping up with the chapters CG, and though I'm a lousy reviewer, what Gary suggests is a great idea! 

• Like 1

Something weird was wrong yesterday--I picked up where I left off after sending it to Gary, and got about another 400 words, and it just didn't feel right, so I deleted them...total progress yesterday--0 words. :(

For those of you who might think Jay & Miles is interminable, there are ideas floating around for it to end after Linda's Graduation. There WILL be a sequel, which takes up in their Senior Year...the question is what about the summer--right now, I'm thinking a chapter or two with some scenes spread over those three months rather than a daily or weekly journal like we're getting now. I'm not sure, but I think it would be too long for a Prologue...

Ideas, O Faithful Readers?

I like Gary's idea of flashbacks of the summer through the eyes of different characters. That being said I would like to hear about Jay and Mikey fixing up the truck with their dads. I think that Mikey working on a project with his dad could be a turning point for them and so I hate to see that relegated to a one paragraph flashback. Mikey was also planning on helping out on the farm for the summer, but that might be doable as funny anecdotes with the friends.

Edited by EagleIsaac
  • Like 2

Dang Eagle, how could I have forgotten the big blue monster? Almost two months until Linda's celebration, so I'll try to work the truck in.

Here's another question: Jerry will be coming home for ten days...does he warrant a post to himself like Uncle Sam and Mikkel had?

One paragraph flashbacks? Me? Surely you jest! I might be able to limit them to a page....

Chapter's posted!

• Like 1

Benny and Calvin's bond is not stronger or weaker in my opinion that Jay and Miles; it's just a different kind. Perhaps like refracted light, it just shows a slightly different rainbow than the other boy couples. Like you said, I am just getting to know them too, so I'm only trying to relay my initial reactions to their 'color' of their love.

Thanks for a great chapter!  

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 3

Okay, caught up on my reading, reviews, and the editing I'm doing...so I guess it's time to start Chapter 34. I have a vague idea of where to start and with whom...just need the what to aim for...guess that's fairly obvious too, given the other bits, but the journey to it is the iffy bit. :0

• Like 3

Chapter 33 is at 8333 words, not done yet, but I don' think it's boring. :)

Certainly not boring !  You had my attention right up from the 1st to the 10577th word. :)  A lovely long, good and romantic chapter.

Hope your journey through chapter 34 will need many words.

• Like 1

Thanks for the awesome compliment Hunter. The journey was delayed until today...well, actually until about twenty minutes ago...I guess they finally agreed who should start it, so I'm at 400 words already.

Only planning on two or three scenes, but it looks like there'll be as many POVs as well. I'd tell you who they are, but that would ruin the surprise, I'd be yanking your chains if I gave you a clue to who was up first.

Oh, there's been a suggestion that the Summer be handled as a book from a Nifty reader...the Epilogue and Prologue idea was good, but there are just so many things I can see happening during the Summer--it's a time for the guys to be themselves without peer pressure from school...it won't be day-by-day, but rathre event-by-event I think, and won't be huge and lengthy.

What do you think? Considering 'Summer Breeze' as a title.

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 3

Sorry guys, the mess with the pc screwed me up...I tried a recovery program as recommended, but it didn't turn up the missing pieces...lots of other crap, which I didn't need, but not the chapter, and not the stupid file with my school info--you know, class times, sports available and their seasons and the clubs the school had then. Had to re-do that from Facebook, where I first got the info at my town's home page. A lot of helpful replies there when I said I needed it for my story, but they don't know where it is online, and I doubt they'd read it anyway since it's gay-themed. When I first found the site through a reunion post, I gave hints that the reason I wasn't going and never had was that my lifestyle wouldn't be popular with small-town people, and I got the reaction that 'what isn't said, doesn't have to be acknowledged'...so I gathered that being gay was perhaps not as anathema as it once was, but was still better left alone.

No need for them to read my story since they are still hiding in the last century. :)

Alas, one of the other files gone is my Passwords for sites.  An older copy not up to date still exists, so I'll just have to guess for the ones I don't have, and if they aren't auto-filled in when I get to them, then I'll have to change them.

Chapter 34 is moving along, stalled for a while as I recovered and got myself in the mood again...hope it will be done tomorrow at the latest.

5,000 words at the moment.

The new avatar is of Genghis and Bortai--she's demurely in the back, while her brash brother was mugging for the camera...so like him. God, I miss them.

• Like 2

Sorry guys, the mess with the pc screwed me up...I tried a recovery program as recommended, but it didn't turn up the missing pieces...lots of other crap, which I didn't need, but not the chapter, and not the stupid file with my school info--you know, class times, sports available and their seasons and the clubs the school had then. Had to re-do that from Facebook, where I first got the info at my town's home page. A lot of helpful replies there when I said I needed it for my story, but they don't know where it is online, and I doubt they'd read it anyway since it's gay-themed. When I first found the site through a reunion post, I gave hints that the reason I wasn't going and never had was that my lifestyle wouldn't be popular with small-town people, and I got the reaction that 'what isn't said, doesn't have to be acknowledged'...so I gathered that being gay was perhaps not as anathema as it once was, but was still better left alone.

No need for them to read my story since they are still hiding in the last century. :)

Alas, one of the other files gone is my Passwords for sites.  An older copy not up to date still exists, so I'll just have to guess for the ones I don't have, and if they aren't auto-filled in when I get to them, then I'll have to change them.

Chapter 34 is moving along, stalled for a while as I recovered and got myself in the mood again...hope it will be done tomorrow at the latest.

5,000 words at the moment.

The new avatar is of Genghis and Bortai--she's demurely in the back, while her brash brother was mugging for the camera...so like him. God, I miss them.

Take your time CG. We can be patient.

• Like 1

Just sent Chapter 34 to Gary...it might be done. Two scenes, two POVs, but it's only 6255 words. I could bring the second scene closer to the length of the first by extending it a tad without hurting it and giving you all more to enjoy...what do you think? That would make it about 8k.

• Like 1

Just sent Chapter 34 to Gary...it might be done. Two scenes, two POVs, but it's only 6255 words. I could bring the second scene closer to the length of the first by extending it a tad without hurting it and giving you all more to enjoy...what do you think? That would make it about 8k.

It's back to you, Buddy. It's another great chapter, and I think the length is great... you cover a lot, and it ends well... Good job, my friend... G-man

• Like 1