New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

Ya, Emma. What he said. uhm, I think. I really have no idea what it means.

But if it was positive then I'm in. Just in case, Welcome! There is lots to read here. And when you get desperate, check mine out. lol

Hey everyone.  I didn't notice that there was an introduce yourself thread - I pay attention.

I'm not entirely sure what is normal to post here, but I'm a 20 year old Englishman who doesn't like tea (the horror), and I've read a fair amount of stories here over the past year or so - Mark Arbour and Comicality have probably held the most of my attention in that time, so thanks to both of them.

With any luck I'll post a couple of stories myself here, although I'm not the best at writing regularly, so we'll see what happens.

Nice to meet you all :)

Hey everyone.  I didn't notice that there was an introduce yourself thread - I pay attention.

I'm not entirely sure what is normal to post here, but I'm a 20 year old Englishman who doesn't like tea (the horror), and I've read a fair amount of stories here over the past year or so - Mark Arbour and Comicality have probably held the most of my attention in that time, so thanks to both of them.

With any luck I'll post a couple of stories myself here, although I'm not the best at writing regularly, so we'll see what happens.

Nice to meet you all :)

Welcome  Shanaar.

Read through the FAQ's and you'll find out what will fly. The short version is that there are no Jerk sheets here. Sex must enhance the story, not fly solo. About the youngest age permitted would probably be about 14 in the right circumstances, i.e. with a like age. No forcible stuff or snuff stuff. I don't know about multigenerational stuff because I don't read it but I haven't seen it either. And the stories here do not all include sex either. There are more rules, if you have questions ask Cia and you'll get an answer.

So be welcome and I look forward to reading what an English non-tea drinking bisexual of 20 who leans on males finds entertaining. ;)

Welcome  Shanaar.

Read through the FAQ's and you'll find out what will fly. The short version is that there are no Jerk sheets here. Sex must enhance the story, not fly solo. About the youngest age permitted would probably be about 14 in the right circumstances, i.e. with a like age. No forcible stuff or snuff stuff. I don't know about multigenerational stuff because I don't read it but I haven't seen it either. And the stories here do not all include sex either. There are more rules, if you have questions ask Cia and you'll get an answer.

So be welcome and I look forward to reading what an English non-tea drinking bisexual of 20 who leans on males finds entertaining. ;)

Thanks for the welcome and advice :)  I reckon I should be fine - I'm sure there'll be some sex in the stories but it's hardly the main focus, and I'm not sure how 'in depth' I'll go with it.  Last time I tried to write a sex scene it made me feel a teensy bit awkward ;)

Last time I tried to write a sex scene it made me feel a teensy bit awkward ;)

Awwwww, bless :hug:    :)

Though the last time I wrote a sex scene I went the other way - I went totally overboard.  I had to do half a dozen rewrites before I could be sure it didn't violate community guidelines :lol:

Awwwww, bless :hug:     :)

Though the last time I wrote a sex scene I went the other way - I went totally overboard.  I had to do half a dozen rewrites before I could be sure it didn't violate community guidelines :lol:

Haha, I think I just got a little self conscious.  I'm sure I can do one when the time comes... I'll just close my eyes and not read it too much :P

Dwah... hello. 'parrently my name's Finn here. Not a fan of using anything... personnal. Not because of any fears, just a tad bit... security-minded. ;P

Anyway, I'm am eighteen-year-old from So Cal, who quite enjoys writing. I do it almost daily, at the very least with some... friends on a roleplay forum. I guess my language-skills are pretty solid, though how awesome my writing is depends on how interested I am in it... It can get pretty blood-awesome, pardon the overconfidence.

Not at all sure how to get the five required posts... so... any help?

Will probably customize my profile tomorrow; have sleep-orders from Above at the moment. Till then: Shanaar, nice avatar. Haven't seen that series in a while, though I do recall enjoying it. Maybe because of how the poor lad gets abused? Lulz.

Additionally, is it just me, or does spell-check not work on this? I love my spell-check... I make typos like crazy. >_>

Oh, here mostly because I was drawn by a certain story by a certain... Comical writer; read it a while back, scanned the site, read a few more (touched by a few, too), then dropped off into the void that is the Internet for a while. Am returned for reasons, pleased to meet ya lot.

Dwah... hello. 'parrently my name's Finn here. Not a fan of using anything... personnal. Not because of any fears, just a tad bit... security-minded. ;P

Anyway, I'm am eighteen-year-old from So Cal, who quite enjoys writing. I do it almost daily, at the very least with some... friends on a roleplay forum. I guess my language-skills are pretty solid, though how awesome my writing is depends on how interested I am in it... It can get pretty blood-awesome, pardon the overconfidence.

Not at all sure how to get the five required posts... so... any help?

Will probably customize my profile tomorrow; have sleep-orders from Above at the moment. Till then: Shanaar, nice avatar. Haven't seen that series in a while, though I do recall enjoying it. Maybe because of how the poor lad gets abused? Lulz.

Additionally, is it just me, or does spell-check not work on this? I love my spell-check... I make typos like crazy. >_>

Oh, here mostly because I was drawn by a certain story by a certain... Comical writer; read it a while back, scanned the site, read a few more (touched by a few, too), then dropped off into the void that is the Internet for a while. Am returned for reasons, pleased to meet ya lot.

Hey Finn, welcome to GA. You can post in all the topics in this particular forum - The Lounge. I'm sure you can get the five posts pretty soon. If you need anything just call out:). Enjoy....:D

Hello - I've been lurking for a long time, reading and loving the site but I've finally come out of the wood work and throw in the towel - I'm hoping to begin my first proper story soon. I've been a lurker of gay fiction for a long time - I've been inspired by people such as Nephylim, Cia, Jazcullen, NoMoreTears00 (aka MA Church) and Gweall who I all follow, and I really would like to learn to be a better author so I thought writing a story will be good experience :)

Hello - I've been lurking for a long time, reading and loving the site but I've finally come out of the wood work and throw in the towel - I'm hoping to begin my first proper story soon. I've been a lurker of gay fiction for a long time - I've been inspired by people such as Nephylim, Cia, Jazcullen, NoMoreTears00 (aka MA Church) and Gweall who I all follow, and I really would like to learn to be a better author so I thought writing a story will be good experience :)

Hey Wicked Witch, welcome to GA. If you need anything, just shout:). Enjoy:)

• Like 1

Welcome to GA Finn, and welcome from the Forest of the Lurkers Wicked Witch.

Hope you both have fun and enjoy the site, and looking forward to whatever you decide to write.  New writers are always welcome :)

Dwah... hello. 'parrently my name's Finn here.

Hey and welcome Finn.  Yeah, it's a good series, although it gets a little bit odd in the second half.  Also far too many girls after him all the time.

Also hi to the Wicked Witch.  Don't frog-ify me, please. ;)

Edited by Shanaar
Hey and welcome Finn.  Yeah, it's a good series, although it gets a little bit odd in the second half.  Also far too many girls.

Also hi to the Wicked Witch.  Don't frog-ify me, please. ;)

Didn't finish the second half, I think. Though I'll admit the whole elf thing was a bit... random. Still pretty awesome, though; maybe I'll rewatch it sometime.

I think the strength of the first half was the setting and concept, rather than the characters.  They never really utilised the concept as well as they could have - whilst it was still enjoyable, it could have been much better.  The idea of having 10,000 modern day people stranded in a medieval fantasy world and having them actually die if they died in-game created a lot of possibilities for some very interesting world building.  I think it would have been nice to see how they built a society and what dictated who went where and did what.  Instead, they skipped all of that part and focused on some rather weak characters in small plot lines that didn't really go anywhere.

Ranting aside, it's still one of the better recent animes.