New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

Hi Jake!

Welcome. There are lots of people here who love to read and love to write and love to help writers new and old. What type of stories do you write? Scifi, romance, young love, old love high school, college, nursing home, etc

Hi Jake!

Welcome. There are lots of people here who love to read and love to write and love to help writers new and old. What type of stories do you write? Scifi, romance, young love, old love high school, college, nursing home, etc

Thanks for all those who welcomed me. Your topic contents for a story made me laugh. I was choosing which topic you had mentioned that best suited my writing style then I saw the "nursing home" part. I don't think I'll be Gabriel Garcia Marquez and write about my grandma and grandpa mucking around in their 80's. My imagination is not that astute if you ask me. Haha.

But thanks for the info. I generally appreciate a good love story, but I hate cliche's and sappy romantic ones. I'd always fall under the category that my characters needs to have issues, or else, I'd get bored writing it. I'm no Nicholas Spark but I'm leaning towards the resurgence of existentialist romance plots. Death and love interests me. But not to the point that I'd give my protagonist a rare disease like finger cancer or something like that. It still has to be romantic. Who says romance is dead.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm 20 and a long-time reader of stories on this site. I'm dipping my toe in the water and planning to post the first part of a story I've spent quite a bit of time writing and procrastinating over.

Anyways, all the best to everyone!

Welcome JimmyD, What kind of subject matter do you write? What categories are your focus. New writers are always welcome. I look forward to reading your stories.

Enjoy, and don't bother with the toe, take the dive, the pool is great.

Hi everyone, it's nice to be here and I hope to chat to people in the future about their writing experiences. I'm new to writing myself and have as yet only published one book. I'm working on book 2 Posted Image

Hi Barry! Welcome I hope you are going to post book 1!

Enjoy, a lot of interesting people here.

Welcome JimmyD, What kind of subject matter do you write? What categories are your focus. New writers are always welcome. I look forward to reading your stories.

Enjoy, and don't bother with the toe, take the dive, the pool is great.

Sorry about the late reply, Ricky! I've just started my first story, which I'm a little ashamed to say, is not exactly forging new pathways, but I am definitely looking to differentiate it and to work hard at quality.

Thank you to all the others who said welcome :)

Hi Barry, good luck!

• Site Administrator

I've just started my first story, which I'm a little ashamed to say, is not exactly forging new pathways, but I am definitely looking to differentiate it and to work hard at quality.

You know what though? It's a hugely popular genre, especially here on GA. Making your own stand out in a genre that is so popular can be difficult but it can be done. Since just about every twist known to man has been written, a lot of authors of teen stories tend to really focus on their characters. How relatable, endearing, amusing, ect ... they are, will keep readers coming back.

The great thing about GA is the amount of feedback you can get, as well as the advice and examples to follow from fellow authors. Make sure you guys are checking the forums for topics you'd like to comment on, creating topics for your stories and interacting with your readers. That's been the most valuable resource I've found on GA myself.

Sorry about the late reply, Ricky! I've just started my first story, which I'm a little ashamed to say, is not exactly forging new pathways, but I am definitely looking to differentiate it and to work hard at quality.

Thank you to all the others who said welcome Posted Image

Hi Barry, good luck!

Who was it that said, "All the great plays have already been written"?

To me, writing is a lot like magic. The real definition of prestidigitation is someone who can take a fifty cent trick and make it into magic. Think how boring reading would be if a theme could only be used once? And just how many ways are there to come out or to fall in love? Every story is a tree of sweet fruit but part of the enjoyment is the possibility of a worm. It makes the reward of tasty sweetness even sweeter when you bite into it and realize that in that bite you've managed to triumph over the bitterness that seeks to devour all that is good.

The best stories exercise ALL of the readers emotional muscles. At least that is my goal when I write and what I look for in a story for it to be good.

And let me end with this my new friend:

“We may affirm absolutely that nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion.”

Famous quote by Hegel

So write on McDuff.

;)

Hello all! I'm a new member here, but I've been reading stories on this site for some time now. I'm 19, just moved to Norway and I'm really excited to be a member on GA.

First time I've ever become a member on anything close to a gay site. I really like it, feels like a really good place to be when you're trying to accept yourself.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, hope everyone is great :)