New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

• Site Administrator

Thank you! So...is this a place to post books or stories in progress?

GA is, at its core, a free fiction website. We allow authors to post their stories here for free; some post completed stories, some do serials in progress. Currently we have over 2,800 stories. :) We also host various site writing activities, like weekly writing prompts, quarterly anthologies, etc ...  as well. In addition, we have a Premium section of the site where we post stories for our site supporters as a thank you. GA's main purpose is to provide an open community for authors to improve and have a chance to interact closely with editors, beta readers, and regular readers.

The most recent development on the site, still in progress, is our site eBook store. We are allowing authors to post their eBooks here. Free are pretty easy to post, as long as they follow the site's ToS and content guidelines. eBooks for sale are a bit more complicated as we require tax information from the author(s). At this time we haven't had a publisher request to post their stories here so that's a situation we haven't faced.

We also have a chat room, personal blog area, and very active forums. There are things to do here for people looking for something to read, someone to read their stories/eBooks, or just have a sense of community with open and/or like-minded individuals.

• Like 1

Welcome Blackman.

Nobody said they have to be good to be posted here. lol, however it helps. But you will find lots of help if you're looking to be even better. I'll look forward to reading your stories. Make sure you check the faq's to see the rules and ask CIA if you have any questions about propriety and such.

Be welcome!

Hello, Newbie here. Discovered this site just today. :) I've been writing most of my life, and have posted my stories in various places on the Internet. My current project is a 50,000+ word novel that I've been working on and rewriting for the better part of a decade. My aim is to self-publish when it's finished. I hope to be able to share it with you!

Edited by Thorn Wilde

Hello, Newbie here. Discovered this site just today. :) I've been writing most of my life, and have posted my stories in various places on the Internet. My current project is a 50,000+ word novel that I've been working on and rewriting for the better part of a decade. My aim is to self-publish when it's finished. I hope to be able to share it with you!

Hey. Welcome to GA. I'd love to read your work when it's done. But at the moment, have fun reading all the great stories here:)

• Site Administrator

Hi Thorn, welcome to GA! I hope you will enjoy our writing community here. You are more than welcome to post; we love to see submissions from new authors. We do have some guidelines on posting, including some that were recently clarified about posting on GA and then epublishing, especially as it relates to removal of stories by site authors. I hate to see conflicts down the line, so please read the Author help topic in the site FAQ under the ? tab in the red menu bar. I approve all submissions by new authors and my PM box is always open if you have any questions; you can contact me through my profile. Again, welcome to the site!

Wow, thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I feel loved.  :wub:

Welcome Thorn Wilde. Care to share the storyline of your novel? I look forward to reading it.

Be Welcome!

It's a coming of age/coming out story, set in a fictional small town in the UK. Summary is as follows:

'In the West Midlands small town of Windfield Green, being gay is something of a rarity. For Nick Davis, the idea of coming out feels like a death sentence, and things only become more difficult when he falls in love with his best enemy, the popular and good looking Dave Thompson.'

Basically, two boys figuring themselves out and finding their place in the world. There's also a short story collection, most of which deal with queer issues of one sort or another, based on the story's minor characters. Also working on the idea of writing a sequel. What can I say? I just love these boys, and it feels like they have many stories left to tell.

I just submitted the first chapter. :)

Sorry about the double post, couldn't figure out how to edit in another quote into the last one...

Hi Thorn, welcome to GA! I hope you will enjoy our writing community here. You are more than welcome to post; we love to see submissions from new authors. We do have some guidelines on posting, including some that were recently clarified about posting on GA and then epublishing, especially as it relates to removal of stories by site authors. I hate to see conflicts down the line, so please read the Author help topic in the site FAQ under the ? tab in the red menu bar. I approve all submissions by new authors and my PM box is always open if you have any questions; you can contact me through my profile. Again, welcome to the site!

Even if I do self-publish, I have no intention of removing the version of the story I post here from the site. I love the idea of there being several versions of my story out there. If I self-publish, I'll most likely do so under a Creative Commons license. :)

Wow, thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I feel loved.  :wub:

It's a coming of age/coming out story, set in a fictional small town in the UK. Summary is as follows:

'In the West Midlands small town of Windfield Green, being gay is something of a rarity. For Nick Davis, the idea of coming out feels like a death sentence, and things only become more difficult when he falls in love with his best enemy, the popular and good looking Dave Thompson.'

Basically, two boys figuring themselves out and finding their place in the world. There's also a short story collection, most of which deal with queer issues of one sort or another, based on the story's minor characters. Also working on the idea of writing a sequel. What can I say? I just love these boys, and it feels like they have many stories left to tell.

I just submitted the first chapter. :)

It sounds DELICIOUS! I hope they are beef-eater sized chapters that you can really tuck in with.

;)

It sounds DELICIOUS! I hope they are beef-eater sized chapters that you can really tuck in with.

;)

Most of the chapters are between 2000 and 4000 words, with the entire novel clocking in at about 55,000. :)

I always found young adult fiction lacking in that it never properly addressed the issues that teenagers are actually faced with and instead kept trying to enforce morality. So I wanted to write something real, where the characters make their choices and the wrong one isn't such a big deal. Where they use language that teenagers would use, even if it's supposedly inappropriate. Realism is important to me.