New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

:unsure:  I´d been reading for some months before actually joining GA and then it took some time to get enough courage to review anything I was reading. "Review" is a scary word when you don´t write anything yourself, it´s not so easy to say something about someone else´s story... This really is a very addictive site and I spend way too much time here  :*)  but there are so many great stories  :read:  

:unsure:  I´d been reading for some months before actually joining GA and then it took some time to get enough courage to review anything I was reading. "Review" is a scary word when you don´t write anything yourself, it´s not so easy to say something about someone else´s story... This really is a very addictive site and I spend way too much time here  :*)  but there are so many great stories  :read:  

I agree with you Suvitar ! It's a very addictive Place with great stories and awesome people :)

• Like 2

Arrrggghh! I should've browse Forums a little more often, I've been a member for about a month now, but it's only now I have seen this. :D but anyway I wanna do this!, Hello everyone! I am IAN, 21 years old, I've been around GA for almost two years, and only last August did I get the courage to join. thanks to A Class by Himself by Comicality that brought me here. and KC Grim who writes Pour Me Another so good I have to become a member just to put my comment on one of its chapters. :)

welcome to the other new members by the way! :2thumbs:

Welcome Ian!

Perhaps you can get Cosmie to give us a new chapter! "A Class By Himself" is a favorite of mine too!

So be welcome!

• Like 1

Welcome Suvitar!

And I agree, and what a pleasant addiction it is. Look at it this way, if you're spending your time here, you're not someplace else getting into trouble. lol

Cheers, be welcome!

• Like 2

Welcome Ian!

Perhaps you can get Cosmie to give us a new chapter! "A Class By Himself" is a favorite of mine too!

So be welcome!

I don't think I could do that, he's hard to reach! he doesn't reply to my reviews, I think he's experiencing another writer's block or something with that story, he stops writing whenever he get one of those. I hope he gets back on that, the wait is killing me.

Again I get busy a couple days and miss a bunch of new arrivals! Welcome one and all. GA anonymous meets every afternoon in the chat room, but I must warn you - no one ever seems interested in ending our addictions!

• Like 2

<cue "Jawws" muzak>

Hello,

I am yet another "lurker in the shadows" here... :read:

a frequent reader, but never ever write anything, so I offer my thanks to those more talented than I who feed my voracious appetite for reading.  :thankyou:

- Kagenokami (a dweller in the shadow of the gods)

no problem suvitar whatever you say we author don't take to heart, we do our best to improve so all your reviews are greatly appreciated, and we will improve with everyone you post.

• Like 1

Suivitar,

You don't have to be a chef to know if a dish is good. Keep in mind that our goal is always to be a better writer. So if you give us a review that is honest then you are doing us, as writer's a service. And you are doing the community a service because we, as writers give them a better product as we learn from the reviews. AND those that would like to do this as a living, can't get to that level without the good critique from folks like you! So thank you in advance. (But don't read mine because I'm a bit player next to the likes of Dom and Mark Arbour and Cosmie, when you can find something he's finished.

;)

So be welcome, and be unafraid.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your encouragement  :*)  I´ve been trying to give reviews to the stories I´ve been reading lately and it´s getting more and more easier. And it´s always fun when an author gives some kind of response. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your encouragement  :*)  I´ve been trying to give reviews to the stories I´ve been reading lately and it´s getting more and more easier. And it´s always fun when an author gives some kind of response. 

Great, settle in, read and get serious. Authors really want to know your thoughts. How did it read? Did the bubble of disbelief sustain or did it drop you back to reality from the errors. Did it flow well? Where do you think or hope the story is going? These are things every author likes to know. Are they fooling you? Or is the next scene predictable? Tell them what your thoughts were when you read it. There is no right or wrong, good or bad, just what you perceived when you read it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, new to the website and i saw the introduction thing here. Im a new author but i have written tons of poetry and i wanted to try writing prose. I hope you guys enjoy it, and I am glad to be apart of the community! :P

Welcome in, pull up a chair and grab and beer. poetry and prose is all welcome

• Like 1

Welcome in, pull up a chair and grab and beer. poetry and prose is all welcome

Ignore the wolf, don't drink - you're underage.  :P  Beside's it will mess with your mind.  :o

Welcome to GA, Dovesfield. We are happy to have you here and l look forward to seeing your prose.

• Like 1

Ignore the wolf, don't drink - you're underage.  :P  Beside's it will mess with your mind.  :o

Welcome to GA, Dovesfield. We are happy to have you here and l look forward to seeing your prose.

17 is only barely underage. oh yeah...you all live in a country where you cannae drink until you're old!

Hey all, new to the website and i saw the introduction thing here. Im a new author but i have written tons of poetry and i wanted to try writing prose. I hope you guys enjoy it, and I am glad to be apart of the community! :P

Welcome Dovesfield! I'm sure you'll find a home here. Lot's of great people here. Enjoy and relax. You're welcome here just as you are. You deserve to be happy. You may have to work at it though. ;)