hot

moose

twolf

dominox

jai

Arsinoe

Tyxx

Mark_L

Glad y'all could join us. :2thumbs: Be sure to check out everything that GayAuthors has to offer- the forums, BLOGS, etc. Please feel free to post something about yourself in this thread. Hope to see you posting in one of the forums or in Live Chat.

Take Care

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

New member here, I thought that I should finally be brave and post:s

I found this place through a link from another site and I'm so pleased that I did, the writers in here are so damned talented. Been lurking for a while, but decided to de-lurk.

Anyway, I'm Terri, mum to a wonderful little boy, and writer of depressing poetry and bad fanfiction :P

XX

hi there,

just joined about a month ago, and just recently started posting.

I write poetry and I am going to give story writing a try. Not these kinds of stories though, I'll leave that to the masters. :D but I have to admit, this site is a nice change of pace

anyway, I hope to get to know you guys in the future

till next time, have a good one

-Zypher

:read: Hi there. Being new to The Lounge, and by way of introduction, I'm W. Randy Haynes from not so sunny nothern california (rain, rain everywhere).

I'm the author of Cajun Snuff, my debut novel. It's a Lambda Literary Finalist this year in the gay men's mystery category. Cajun Snuff is the first book in the Adam Stephen mystery series. He's a hunky, gay FBI Special Agent who works for the counterterrorism division and is sent down to Cajun country to solve the murder and sexual mutilation of a black Congressman and minister of the Lord, Rev. Maurice Jones. The underlying theme behind the book is that "everyone deserves a hero."

I started writing when some of my friends suggested that I should be a "writer." The thought had never really jumped out at me. It has been fun, difficult, and has required a great deal of perseverance.

My advice for new writers is to listen to your own voice, understand what it is you want to say, join a writer's critique group with accomplished writers who are brutaly honest, and don't give up.

My web page address is: www.randyhaynes.com

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Randy

:read: Hi there. Being new to The Lounge, and by way of introduction, I'm W. Randy Haynes from not so sunny nothern california (rain, rain everywhere).

I'm the author of Cajun Snuff, my debut novel. It's a Lambda Literary Finalist this year in the gay men's mystery category. Cajun Snuff is the first book in the Adam Stephen mystery series. He's a hunky, gay FBI Special Agent who works for the counterterrorism division and is sent down to Cajun country to solve the murder and sexual mutilation of a black Congressman and minister of the Lord, Rev. Maurice Jones. The underlying theme behind the book is that "everyone deserves a hero."

I started writing when some of my friends suggested that I should be a "writer." The thought had never really jumped out at me. It has been fun, difficult, and has required a great deal of perseverance.

My advice for new writers is to listen to your own voice, understand what it is you want to say, join a writer's critique group with accomplished writers who are brutaly honest, and don't give up.

My web page address is: www.randyhaynes.com

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Randy

Hi Randy, :)

Welcome aboard! Wow, that sounds like a really great plot! I hope to check that out sometime. So will you be posting any of your stuff here? The "e-fiction" section is pretty great :)

Welcome aboard! Wow, that sounds like a really great plot! I hope to check that out sometime. So will you be posting any of your stuff here? The "e-fiction" section is pretty great :)

:great:

A Friendly Face, Don't know yet. My publisher won't let me put excerts from my book online and thus far I haven't written short stories. Maybe later.

I do have two other books going however, that I could slip some things in once and awhile. Thanks for your reply!!

W. Randy Haynes

Hi all, I am not very good at expressing myself, but in this case I feel I must try. I've spent the last 6 years of my life taking care of my ailing mother, I finally lost her in March of last year, I have been in a spiraling depression ever since. I grew up in a home steeped in Southern traditions, the several times I tried to come out of the closet, I was tossed back in and a much larger, heavier door was placed on it. Spent my fair share of time on a couch in therapy (total waste of time) I heard that old "We only want what's best for you" more times than I care to count. I realize now, they didn't want what was best for me, they didn't want to face the shame they would surely feel for raising a gay son. I have felt since my early teens that I was living my life from behind a mask. I was unable or unwilling to let people see the true me, now after 30 years or so, when I look behind that mask, I see nothing. For the longest time, told myself I was a loner, only now do I realize, I'm not a loner, just a liar, the worst kind, I lied to myself.

I want to thank the creators & authors of this web site. I have spent at least 5 or 6 hours a day reading the stories posted here, It has become my bright light, leading me from a very dark place. This site has for sure saved at least one life, mine !! You should all be very proud.

Kind of funny, I just got to thinking, now that I've found this place, I'm just like a can of Budweiser, I have a born on date, APRIL 16, 2006 Thanks Guys

Bobby

Edited by Bobby

Hey Bobby! :-D

Welcome to the site, we're very glad to have you here :2thumbs:

I've spent the last 6 years of my life taking care of my ailing mother, I finally lost her in March of last year, I have been in a spiraling depression ever since.

I'm so sorry :hug:

I grew up in a home steeped in Southern traditions, the several times I tried to come out of the closet, I was tossed back in and a much larger, heavier door was placed on it. Spent my fair share of time on a couch in therapy (total waste of time) I heard that old "We only want what's best for you" more times than I care to count. I realize now, they didn't want what was best for me, they didn't want to face the shame they would surely feel for raising a gay son.

:hug:

That's pretty rough :( . As a fellow southerner (though with a much less tramatic experience) I like to think many people around here simply don't understand it or really know better. I guess that doesn't help much, but it's a little easier not to hate them if you decide they're just misguided.

I have felt since my early teens that I was living my life from behind a mask. I was unable or unwilling to let people see the true me, now after 30 years or so, when I look behind that mask, I see nothing. For the longest time, told myself I was a loner, only now do I realize, I'm not a loner, just a liar, the worst kind, I lied to myself.

Sometimes the hardest person to be truthful with is yourself. I can't say for sure, but I'm willing to bet even fairly well-adjusted straight people occasionally feel like that. We all tend to "settle" in one way or another. Try not to beat yourself up about it too badly.

I want to thank the creators & authors of this web site. I have spent at least 5 or 6 hours a day reading the stories posted here, It has become my bright light, leading me from a very dark place. This site has for sure saved at least one life, mine !! You should all be very proud.

:2thumbs: This place does rock! :thumbup:

Kind of funny, I just got to thinking, now that I've found this place, I'm just like a can of Budweiser, I have a born on date, APRIL 16, 2006 Thanks Guys

Awesome! :2thumbs:

There's a quote from the movie Vanila Sky which I quite like, "Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around." :)

You're very welcome here and I hope you find yourself leading a happy and fulfilling life :)

Take care and have a great day!

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

So the notice in my email is making me feel guilty for hiding. So of course I'm going to cave and post.

I'm Summer. I pretty much like to hide from people in general. I ended up here cuz I found DomLuka's Stories through a random site. That's pretty much what I'm doing here.

So, I'm done. Hope eveyone has a lovely week (Finals week where I am). Peace out. :whistle:

Hi everyone. My name is Justin (obviously). I don't know when I started reading some of the stories on this site, but its been at least a couple of years now. I signed up for an account so I could read some of the blogs, etc. I am introverted, to say the least, but I got a email about posting today and I'd rather not have my account deleted. :thumbdown:

I love this site. You can go to a few other places to read stories in this genre, but none of the sites have as many authors that write such consistently good stories (IMO). Thanks for existing. :wub:

Yo... Mostly new here. Probably wouldn't have signed up, but I got addicted to DomLuka's blog as well as his writing, so I had to. Hurray! Anyway, you guys rock. I'll likely participate more in the future, but as it stands, I've got two days to finish a massive paper before I graduate and get back to more pleasant pursuits, like art and writing. I'm an English major at my university, so if anyone needs an editor, shoot me a message.

Hi all! I'm also writing because of the routine cleanup thing...wouldn't want the account deleted, would I? I've been reading the storys here for ages. DomLuca, Don H, Julien Gregg, LittleBuddhaTW, Christopher Lydon, TheZot to mention a few of my favourites.

Greetings to all.

K.K.

Guest Kiah240

Hi Everyone!

My name is Kiah and I am from Athens, GA *GO BULLDOGS* (sorry I am obligated to do that). I am sort of a newbie. I've been lurking around here for more than a year. My friend Matt introduced me to Dom's stories one day. He knows that I am an avid reader and he told me that I needed to experience the magic that is DomLuka. I did and now I am totally hooked. I was a little reluctant because I though that I would be the only straight girl reading these stories but that quickly became a non-issue 'cause I'm not the only one! I love reading all of the great stories and I have enjoyed lurking on the Domaholics message board because you guys are hilarious. It's nice to know that I am not the only one that goes crazy waiting for updates. Well, hopefully I'll have the courage to post again. Thanks!

• Site Administrator

To clarify for those that didn't get the email, when I sent out the email to all members about the Anthology, we had about 200 member's emails bounce. This creates quite a mess. As such, I started cleaning out accounts that have been around since 2004 without posting. I then sent out an email to people that registered over 30 days ago and hadn't posted yet, letting them know that they could be accidently deleted if they didn't have at least one post.

Welcome aboard. There are benefits to becoming a posting member. There will be some further changes coming soon in this regard as well.

Myr

Hey im new here and I cant find the Instant Messenger portion of this site. I was in contact with Chaz, I was going to work on some stuff for him but I cant PM him for some reason. Ive only been to the email portion of this site through email notifications....but I deleted them so I have no way to get to the IM section of this site. Anyone know how to get there? Thanks.

I suppose I ought to introduce myself.

I go by Demetz online, I'm twenty years old looking for a job. >_>

Er, that is, I've got a three month period of time before its back to full-time college, this time at USF instead of a community college. I'm attracted to some guys, though I've never dated any. I like to write but I'm not good at doing more than a couple pages. I can come up with great ideas for complex story lines, but when it comes to actually writing the stories, I tend to hit writers' block pretty quickly.