New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

Well, not really all that new though it's only recently I've gotten around to try to be a little active here. So I suppose a smattering of introduction is in order, no?

Hi, everybody! I'm Jalaki (or

Hey, everybody! Technically, I'm not new, more a lurker, but I've finally gotten around to actually becoming active because all the other forums I go to are boring in the weekends.

I'm 18, from New Zealand, currently living in Rhode Island, and studying at URI.

Some people here know who I am (*looks for Bardeara, wondering where he'd gotten to*). And Jalaki, who I haven't seen around since he disappeared from StormNation!

Really looking forward to getting to know everybody and possibly post some stories of my own!

Welcome, Jacen! :D We need more downunder dudes to add to the international flavour here. New Zealand has always been on my short list of countries to visit - haven't made it yet. :(

Your buddy, Bardeara, has posted a bit in the last few days - so he's here. His blog has lapsed somewhat.

Post away and, yeah, write :great:

Conner :boy:

Hey, everybody! Technically, I'm not new, more a lurker, but I've finally gotten around to actually becoming active because all the other forums I go to are boring in the weekends.

I'm 18, from New Zealand, currently living in Rhode Island, and studying at URI.

Some people here know who I am (*looks for Bardeara, wondering where he'd gotten to*). And Jalaki, who I haven't seen around since he disappeared from StormNation!

Really looking forward to getting to know everybody and possibly post some stories of my own!

Hi Jacen, Hope to see you in chat sometime :D

Hello, everyone. I am new here. I don't like to talk about myself very much, and I tend to surreptitiously lurk in online forums instead of actively contributing to them. Nevertheless, I will try to shed some light on my character.

First, as is undoubtedly the case with many of you, I am waging a war with chronic depression. On most days, I win, but there are some days where I don't. I used to use books as a reprieve from reality, and in doing so, I became very well read. I'm not sure whether that made my issues better or worse, but it certainly broadened my vocabulary.

I stumbled upon this place fairly recently, and I wish I had found it when I was about five years younger. It would have helped me to no end to know that there were other people out there who weren't so very different from myself. That's why I believe the existence is communities such as this one is so incredibly vital. Now that I am older and a little bit wiser, I have the desire the help younger people get through the tumultuous self-acceptance process that left me so damaged on fundamental levels. It can never be made easy, but surely it can be made easier than it is.

I suppose that is all. See you around.

Edited by Ingenue

Hello, everyone. I am new here. I don't like to talk about myself very much, and I tend to surreptitiously lurk in online forums instead of actively contributing to them. Nevertheless, I will try to shed some light on my character.

First, as is undoubtedly the case with many of you, I am waging a war with chronic depression. On most days, I win, but there are some days where I don't. I used to use books as a reprieve from reality, and in doing so, I became very well read. I'm not sure whether that made my issues better or worse, but it certainly broadened my vocabulary.

I stumbled upon this place fairly recently, and I wish I had found it when I was about five years younger. It would have helped me to no end to know that there were other people out there who weren't so very different from myself. That's why I believe the existence is communities such as this one is so incredibly vital. Now that I am older and a little bit wiser, I have the desire the help younger people get through the tumultuous self-acceptance process that left me so damaged on fundamental levels. It can never be made easy, but surely it can be made easier than it is.

Welcome, Ingenue!

I know what you mean about wishing to have discovered this place sooner. I certainly wish there had been a place like this for me to find when I was in my late teens.

Welcome to GA!

Welcome, Ingenue! :D

So it seems you are a person who attracts goats! :P Good on ya! :lmao: CJ is the horny kidd-goat. He wears sunglasses a lot to cover up his blood shot eyes. I'm the older, but wiser, really cute goat.

For a first post, that was a humdinger. :great: Thanks for your honesty. I really mean that.

So post away, dude. Seeing that you're well read, you may want to try your hand at writing. Any member can post a story in efiction. It seems to me, there's a few stories in you. If not writing, there's editing. Someone (like my goat buddy CJ) could help connect you to one of the younger writers. There's also a forum for teens here, where I'm sure your experience and advice would be welcome.

Conner :boy:

Hi Ingenue,

Welcome to GA! I have been here since June and have found it to be a great place to make new friends and to read great stories some awesome authors. There are a huge list of them, but some of my favoirites are NicholasJames8, LittleBudda, Krista, I have not started on Dom Luka's stuff but I here he is awesome.

I too feel like C James that I wish this was around when I was a Teen. But, I think I faired pretty well myself though. I waited until College before I came out so I did so in a Big way!! Finally just did not care what anyone thought of me anymore. I was going to be me, like me or not this is who I am. Then just went from there.

Well you will find there is a lot to this place so enjoy and if you have any questions do not hesitate to PM me.

Also, I have a blog and you are welcome to read to it and post comments as well. It is kind of theraputic.

David

Hope to see u around and welcome to Ga. You can always join chat with some people at night. Like many I had depression too. :hug:

Hi I am new here too. I was refered to this website by one of your former members a while ago and I finally registered here. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Jonathan I go mostly by Jon and I am from Northeastern Massachusetts. I am glad to be here.

Jon

Hi I am new here too. I was refered to this website by one of your former members a while ago and I finally registered here. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Jonathan I go mostly by Jon and I am from Northeastern Massachusetts. I am glad to be here.

Jon

Hi Jon!

Welcome to GA :)

It's good to have you here :great: ; I'm sure you'll enjoy it :D

Please let us know if you have any questions ;)

Take care and have an aweome day!

Kevin

Hi. Iv'e been lurking around here for a while now and finally managed to register. I'm just here to give a brief introduction. Well my name is Justin and i'm from Melbourne, Australia. I'm really enjoying this site and all the stories in the archive.

Edited by juss11

Welcome to GayAuthors Justin!!!! Glad you took the plunge and came out from the shadows :D

Take Care,

Vic

Hi. Iv'e been lurking around here for a while now and finally managed to register. I'm just here to give a brief introduction. Well my name is Justin and i'm from Melbourne, Australia. I'm really enjoying this site and all the stories in the archive.

Welcome, Justin!!!

Thank you for joining us! :great:

CJ

• Site Administrator

Welcome, Justin!

I'm glad to see another person from the same neck of the woods. Now we just need to finalise our plot for Australia to take over the... Oops... I think I've almost said too much...

Anyway, G'day mate!

Graeme :D

Welcome Justin :D

Btw welcome to stop by in chat anytime, mostly at night ppl are in there.

Welcome to Gay Authors newest members!!!!

Zruda, lchase123, oahu knotme, mattmead12, john_galt64, Kona, Ray Pearce, mert, jono, & Arctic ...

Welcome guys & gals. Be sure to check out all the hosted authors, forums, blogs, and even the live chat.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take Care,

Vic

A belated, big thank you, Vic!!! :2thumbs: . It took me a while to notice this topic and then way too long to look at it. (Maybe I should have asked a question? :blink: ) Better late than never, huh? I sorta dodged a bullet when you instead of Green welcomed me. :( This way, I get to thank you directly. :D

A little about me: I hate joining things on line. GA is a worthy exception: For one sign-on, I can support a fantastic field of authors. I've been partly-out so long, it seems to fit me now. I've outlived all important relatives who had a problem with that. :P I'm white-skinned, hazel-eyed, gay, and neither proud nor ashamed of any of that, and in fact I don't think about it as much anymore. I am proud of some things I've done, and, for instance, if I could help get our local Buddhist GLBT committee off TDC, I could add to that to my list. :P

Hi All,

I stumbled upon this site a while back but now have been able to fully explore it. My name's Nick and I'm currently a student at a small liberal arts college (go college life). I love to write but have done far more reading than writing in my life. As all college students know (past and present) reading becomes a big part of your life. I'm getting sick of the constant political theory and dry professional journals and now I just want fiction.

Otherwise I'm pretty much a normal college student. I'm into Psychology, taking Korean, performaning in dance and fire spinning shows, like to design (clothes, art, etc), avid reader of the NYTimes, enjoy movies...Thank You for Smoking was amazing, love to hang out with friends and have a good time.

I am looking forward to reading peoples work and just seeing what is out there.

-Nick

Hi All,

Otherwise I'm pretty much a normal college student. I'm into Psychology, taking Korean, performaning in dance and fire spinning shows, like to design (clothes, art, etc), avid reader of the NYTimes, enjoy movies...Thank You for Smoking was amazing, love to hang out with friends and have a good time.

I am looking forward to reading peoples work and just seeing what is out there.

-Nick

Welcome Nick, Have any vids on youtube of your performances? fire spinning looks neat :D , likes dances too. looking foward to your post around the forums, and feel free to come to chat, to see if people on chat, look at the board Statistics.