The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
36 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Stir fry is a great way to add veggies. Michael loves them.. the more bits the better.. I marinate the chicken which i cut into small pieces in just a touch of soy sauce and garlic and ginger... then i coat it in cornstarch .. it looks nasty.. but then i cook it in the wok on its own.. and it is moist and beautiful.  I cook the broc and mushroom separately first.. because the cabbage doesnt take long. It's a quick dinner really.

Sounds good. We no longer have a wok, but it should work on a smaller scale in my frying pan which has relatively high sides. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I am ... gobsmacked.

I work closely with our billing department - ensuring everything we can charge to insurance does get charged to insurance. As the patient is paying for the coverage, and we get better reimbursement from them than we would billing the patient directly. Win-win there.

Today, my favorite biller asks me:

Biller: Why would a provider order a Bacterial Vaginosis test on a male?

Me: They wouldn't, unless that patient is trans. The name tells us these are only sampled from the vagina, and a patient has to have one to get this test done.

Biller: Hrm. Can you look at this patient chart?

Me: *I dig into the chart* No. Don't tell me this guy had this test ordered.

Biller: Yep. And insurance is denying it, so it's hitting our lab account instead.

Me: *rubs eyes* WHY ... why did the provider order this test on a cis male?

Biller: I don't know. Should I follow up with the care team?

Me: Nope. I want to. So I can tell them how much they cost us for no damn reason at all.

And that's my day so far! I hope the rest of you are having a better one than me. lol

mmm i can relate to that.. argh.. people can be idiots

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Sounds good. We no longer have a wok, but it should work on a smaller scale in my frying pan which has relatively high sides. 

yep.. we had to get a new wok.. got a nice cast iron one.. but it's very thin .. so not too heavy

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yep.. we had to get a new wok.. got a nice cast iron one.. but it's very thin .. so not too heavy

The one we had was quite large, so that’s probably the reason my parents didn’t keep it. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

The one we had was quite large, so that’s probably the reason my parents didn’t keep it. 

makes sense.. this one is a good size. but I have to feed Michael

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I don’t know when, but someday, I’m getting a cast iron frying pan, because well, I just want one.  I think it would be a very useful item in the kitchen. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

I don’t know when, but someday, I’m getting a cast iron frying pan, because well, I just want one.  I think it would be a very useful item in the kitchen. 

yeah i have two.. and i love them... the 12 inch i use for eggs cuz its perfectly seasoned.. the bigger one .. well yesterday i put 3 lamb shoulder chops in it.. then some root veggies and about 10 little tiny taters.. roasted it all in the pan.. it colours food beautifully. it was a great meal.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

makes sense.. this one is a good size. but I have to feed Michael

My mom had gargantuan cookware and serving bowls.... five boys...all in teenage years at the same time. She never did quite figure out how to make spaghetti for 2 when it was just her and my dad!

Beef barley soup for me tonight. I let it cook in the crock pot until almost bedtime last night then let sit. It was still warm when I put it in the fridge this am. Tastes good tonight though!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yeah i have two.. and i love them... the 12 inch i use for eggs cuz its perfectly seasoned.. the bigger one .. well yesterday i put 3 lamb shoulder chops in it.. then some root veggies and about 10 little tiny taters.. roasted it all in the pan.. it colours food beautifully. it was a great meal.

Yep, that’s on my wish list.

You’ve made me hungry, now. Good thing it’s almost dinner time. 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

the forecast is for more rain for the next week.... i heard one forecaster call it a "drought busting weather system"

We have chances of rain for the next 7 to 10 days.  The joy of spring.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i love my cast iron pans 💜

my favorite one i got from my mom

today would have been her 79th birthday. my playlist today includes Chopin, Fleetwood Mac, John Denver, Bruce Springsteen (we went to his concert in Denver in 1985) & Classic Willie Nelson (she went to see him at Red Rocks & i covered her shift at a pre-school we both worked at)

i'll see y'all later

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Wow...I  was craving fruit before lunch time so I took a quick trip out to the grocery store. Paid too much for pre-cut fruit, but day-ummm that was mighty good watermelon and pineapple! I have enough for tomorrow too and by then the cantaloupe I have at home should be ripe. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Wow...I  was craving fruit before lunch time so I took a quick trip out to the grocery store. Paid too much for pre-cut fruit, but day-ummm that was mighty good watermelon and pineapple! I have enough for tomorrow too and by then the cantaloupe I have at home should be ripe. 

Yeah, we eat a lot of fruit. We often have a fruit plate in the summer for dessert. Very yummy and a great healthy choice!

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah, we eat a lot of fruit. We often have a fruit plate in the summer for dessert. Very yummy and a great healthy choice!

There's not much in the fruit department that I don't care for. Not a big fan of blueberries unless they're in something like pancakes. Veggies however are a roadblock I'm learning to deal with. Roasting them usually does the trick. Bell peppers are an absolute hard NO for me. Mushrooms are a close second, but if my life depended on eating a serving of mushrooms I could do it. If it depended on me eating a serving of bell peppers...well it would make for an interesting obituary. 🤭😆

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, kbois said:

There's not much in the fruit department that I don't care for. Not a big fan of blueberries unless they're in something like pancakes. Veggies however are a roadblock I'm learning to deal with. Roasting them usually does the trick. Bell peppers are an absolute hard NO for me. Mushrooms are a close second, but if my life depended on eating a serving of mushrooms I could do it. If it depended on me eating a serving of bell peppers...well it would make for an interesting obituary. 🤭😆

we love vegies too

for the bell peppers look for the smaller, sweeter ones. green are less ripe, red being ripest & sweeter. there's a theory that bell peppers with 4 lobes on the bottom are better fir eating raw.

for carrots, look into some of tbe rainbow ones. we like them roasted with olive oil, salt & pepper or steamed with real butter

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, kbois said:

If it depended on me eating a serving of bell peppers...well it would make for an interesting obituary. 🤭😆

Am I weird that I read this and had a vision of bell peppers dancing on your grave? :unsure:  Albeit, far, far, far in the future. You know when veggies are sentient beings...

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

we love vegies too

for the bell peppers look for the smaller, sweeter ones. green are less ripe, red being ripest & sweeter. there's a theory that bell peppers with 4 lobes on the bottom are better fir eating raw.

for carrots, look into some of tbe rainbow ones. we like them roasted with olive oil, salt & pepper or steamed with real butter

Still nope on the peppers. Carrots I can eat until I turn orange. I found some pre-cut already bagged (four 6oz bags) for $1.99 at the store when I got the fruit. Great snack for work. 

42 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Am I weird that I read this and had a vision of bell peppers dancing on your grave? :unsure:  Albeit, far, far, far in the future. You know when veggies are sentient beings...

Veggie Tales Gone Wild!!🤣🤣

Playlist shuffle on the way home hit John Cougar (when he was just John Cougar), Aerosmith, Lord Huron, Alicia Keys, Queen and a little CCR. 

For tonight's dinner I'm sautéing asparagus in olive oil and this amazing seasoning I picked up at Aldi (I think). It's a spicy sundried tomato. Not salty and has a nice little kick. I thawed out some turkey meatballs that were in the freezer and I've got whole wheat pasta cooking. I'll add that to the asparagus and meatballs, add a little more oil and dinner is done. Not a single bell pepper in sight!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, kbois said:

Playlist shuffle on the way home hit John Cougar (when he was just John Cougar), Aerosmith, Lord Huron, Alicia Keys, Queen and a little CCR. 

WOW. I love that craziness. Maybe a little whiplash, but fun, nonetheless. 😛

• Like 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

WOW. I love that craziness. Maybe a little whiplash, but fun, nonetheless. 😛

My playlists are all over the place. Classic rock is my ultimate fave. The only genres I can't tolerate are rap and hip hop. 

Classical, blues, R&B, hard rock, hair bands, pop(limited), soft rock, indie, gospel (I may not be religious, but damn them Southern Baptists can belt out a tune!)...you name it and I'll listen. Country is okay....not on any of my playlists, but I'll listen if I'm in someone else's car. 

So yeah...whiplash is possible when cruising with me on a road trip!🤪

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Still nope on the peppers. Carrots I can eat until I turn orange. I found some pre-cut already bagged (four 6oz bags) for $1.99 at the store when I got the fruit. Great snack for work. 

Veggie Tales Gone Wild!!🤣🤣

For tonight's dinner I'm sautéing asparagus in olive oil and this amazing seasoning I picked up at Aldi (I think). It's a spicy sundried tomato. Not salty and has a nice little kick. I thawed out some turkey meatballs that were in the freezer and I've got whole wheat pasta cooking. I'll add that to the asparagus and meatballs, add a little more oil and dinner is done. Not a single bell pepper in sight!

have you tried jicama?

i like to snack on it with lime juice & chili powder or Tajin that sundried tomato seasoning would be good too. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, kbois said:

My playlists are all over the place. Classic rock is my ultimate fave. The only genres I can't tolerate are rap and hip hop. 

Classical, blues, R&B, hard rock, hair bands, pop(limited), soft rock, indie, gospel (I may not be religious, but damn them Southern Baptists can belt out a tune!)...you name it and I'll listen. Country is okay....not on any of my playlists, but I'll listen if I'm in someone else's car. 

So yeah...whiplash is possible when cruising with me on a road trip!🤪

music is a great way to help me focus or change a mood 

my playlist is all over too. actually, i have several playlists with different tones & moods

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..