The Drop in Centre

23 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m thinking it’s time for bed. I will see all you wonderful people tomorrow. 

The sweetest of happy dreams when your turn comes... 

Night Reader xo

• Like 2
1 minute ago, kbois said:

I'm off to bed too. The sooner I get to sleep, the sooner I get to see my boy❤

@Mikiesboy page 1000. Nice!

goodnight all!

good night!!

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Wayne Gray I searched the forum for oat hash and and a post with this recipe for baked oatmeal was in the search list. Is this “oat hash”? 

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/51013/baked-oatmeal-ii/

Okay, so essentially ... use dry oats like you would potato in hash. Chop bacon or sausage, onion, oil the pan, and fry em up together. I came up with it once because I didn't have time to wait for a potato to fry up, but I had oats. And ... I liked toasted oats. So why not?

It won't be everybody's thing, and it won't stick together like potato would, but I still liked it. Savory, oaty, crunchy, and soft all at once. 🙂

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
9 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Okay, so essentially ... use dry oats like you would potato in hash. Chop bacon or sausage, onion, oil the pan, and fry em up together. I came up with it once because I didn't have time to wait for a potato to fry up, but I had oats. And ... I liked toasted oats. So why not?

It won't be everybody's thing, and it won't stick together like potato would, but I still liked it. Savory, oaty, crunchy, and soft all at once. 🙂

Sounds delish, Wayne. 

I don’t need them to stick together either, so this works for me. :D 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

The hash-man was here, I see. Excellent. 

Hash-man. LMAO. Let me join in and help you stir the pot.  @Reader1810, here's the whole, original, uncut, uncensored, unedited version that only our beloved wordsmith @Wayne Grayshared.  

https://gayauthors.org/forums/topic/45500-recipes-worth-trying/?do=findComment&comment=1029243

Hash man indeed. More like hash master! 🤣  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
21 minutes ago, spyke said:

Hash-man. LMAO. Let me join in and help you stir the pot.  @Reader1810, here's the whole, original, uncut, uncensored, unedited version that only our beloved wordsmith @Wayne Grayshared.  

https://gayauthors.org/forums/topic/45500-recipes-worth-trying/?do=findComment&comment=1029243

Thanks!! 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

The hash-man was here, I see. Excellent. 

No slapping anyone today...

I'm a patient person....until I'm not. Some days the rope is longer than others. 

Today I have little patience...I just want to see my boy!

I also have a date with my Florida bestie to get our toes done tonight. 

Work is just getting in the way!

22 minutes ago, spyke said:

@Wayne Gray hash master and culinary inventor extraordinaire! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, kbois said:

@Wayne Gray hash master and culinary inventor extraordinaire! 🤣

Desperation and hunger are the mothers of culinary invention. 😛

Edited by Wayne Gray
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
40 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Desperation and hunger are the mothers of culinary invention. 😛

I hear ya! 

I've had quite a few of those moments when I've asked myself questions like...I wonder if Spaghetti Os would be good with tuna fish?🤢

Other times I've found some amazing combinations like animal crackers with Wispride port wine and cheddar cheese (so what if I was pregnant at the time🤪)

Just got back from lunch with my boy and his girlfriend (who I really would love to have as a dtr-in-law.) Lunch was good..teriyaki salmon with seasoned rice and a side salad.

Already missing them.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy remember this? 

https://buildyourbite.com/healthy-instant-iced-coffee/

You posted this wonderful discovery on June 5, 2020. With the weather improving, I was thinking iced coffee’s time is near, but I wanted to refresh my memory as to how it’s made, so I got it right the first time. 

Good thing I did, because I found a post I’d made indicating Maxwell House was a bad choice for this coffee, but Nescafé is just right.  

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy remember this? 

https://buildyourbite.com/healthy-instant-iced-coffee/

You posted this wonderful discovery on June 5, 2020. With the weather improving, I was thinking iced coffee’s time is near, but I wanted to refresh my memory as to how it’s made, so I got it right the first time. 

Good thing I did, because I found a post I’d made indicating Maxwell House was a bad choice for this coffee, but Nescafé is just right.  

ha.. thanks for posting that.. i thought about this earlier today!   :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

Other than work getting in the way today was a really good day. It's always good to see my son. I'm not looking forward to him being so far, but I'm so proud of the adult he's become. 

My toes look ah-mazing! I tried a new color that changes from a pink to a purple that's sort of glittery. So pretty!

Dinner was a massive failure in the sense that we went to our favorite BBQ place and there's nothing healthy on the menu. It sure did taste good though!! Bloat City on the drive home. However,  I tried to compensate by going for an extra long walk with the dogs when I got home. Felt better after. Back on track tomorrow. 

Hope y'all have a good night!

Sounds like a pretty good day to me. Glad you had a good time.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Back on track tomorrow. 

You need to splurge occasionally, so it’s easier to stick with your long term goal. :thumbup:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

Country music on to get in the mood, second of glass of wine to lubricate the thoughts, getting mildly harassed by a certain CA resident, and writing writing writing.

It's a good night. 🙂

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

You need to splurge occasionally, so it’s easier to stick with the your long term goal. :thumbup:

It was a splurge. I don't regret it. Just sucks finding out the hard way that fried food does not agree with me whatsoever anymore (probably a good thing though...not as tempting knowing I'm gonna feel crappy after, sorta like when you realize you can't drink like you did when you were 20!)

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Country music on to get in the mood, second of glass of wine to lubricate the thoughts, getting mildly harassed by a certain CA resident, and writing writing writing.

It's a good night. 🙂

Writing is good... I'm starting to have withdrawals!

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

It's a good night. 🙂

HA!

• Haha 1

We bought a dog door panel for our slider. Little guy, Camden caught on pretty quick. Zeke, the intellectually challenged one....well, let's just say I should probably go get some more cheese to lure him through 🤦‍♀️🙄🤭

This may take a while!

• Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..