The Drop in Centre

32 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

have you tried jicama?

i like to snack on it with lime juice & chili powder or Tajin that sundried tomato seasoning would be good too. 

You have piqued my interest.

I  think I've seen this at the Amish market. I'll have to look for it next time I go. Thanks molly!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

music is a great way to help me focus or change a mood 

my playlist is all over too. actually, i have several playlists with different tones & moods

I am DEEP in modern country right now while writing my new story. Gets me in the mood. 🙂

• Like 4
1 hour ago, kbois said:

You have piqued my interest.

I  think I've seen this at the Amish market. I'll have to look for it next time I go. Thanks molly!

it is UGLY! just peel off the thick skin with a paring knife cut it into pieces i keep it in a plastic bowl in water

they are crisp & refreshing

• Like 2
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I am DEEP in modern country right now while writing my new story. Gets me in the mood. 🙂

Then listen to it often! Writing is good for the soul. We need a Wayne story soon!

I just finished up a story, all it needs is some final touches. I've also finished rereading one that I started and set aside. The characters have been nagging at my brain lately.

That'll be my next project...delving into the paranormal world. It's fun not having to stick to human limitations. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, kbois said:

Then listen to it often! Writing is good for the soul. We need a Wayne story soon!

I just finished up a story, all it needs is some final touches. I've also finished rereading one that I started and set aside. The characters have been nagging at my brain lately.

That'll be my next project...delving into the paranormal world. It's fun not having to stick to human limitations. 

I had a lot of fun with that in Silverwolf. 🙂

• Like 3

Good morning y'all!

I'm having trouble starting my engine this morning. Coffee didn't help. Been trying to move around some more to keep me awake.

Sitting at a desk all day is not good so I've made it a habit to get up and walk around for a few minutes every hour or so. Plus I take the long route to the restroom. 

I'm also trying to take the really long route when I walk the dogs. That'll get hard to do once the full summer heat and humidity kicks in. Camden gets worn out quickly when it's hot even though we go after sunset. 

Hope everyone has a good day!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, kbois said:

I'm having trouble starting my engine this morning. Coffee didn't help. Been trying to move around some more to keep me awake.

mixed bag here. woke early with some pain

BUT

a hot shower, some BioFreeze helped

THEN

positive feedback at work, both internally & from customers

BUT

one of my last problem projects hit a large speed bump

....sigh....

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

mixed bag here. woke early with some pain

BUT

a hot shower, some BioFreeze helped

THEN

positive feedback at work, both internally & from customers

BUT

one of my last problem projects hit a large speed bump

....sigh....

I keep randomly laughing today because I had to click on the link for how to pronounce jicama. Now this lady's voice pops into my head out of the blue...hee-cuh-muh 😆🤭😂🤭🤣   aaaaaannnndddd I'm laughing again!

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, kbois said:

I keep randomly laughing today because I had to click on the link for how to pronounce jicama. Now this lady's voice pops into my head out of the blue...hee-cuh-muh 😆🤭😂🤭🤣   aaaaaannnndddd I'm laughing again!

i'm glad you found something to keep you entertained. we pronounce it HICK-a-muh

her way is probably more correct though

• Like 2

@Wayne Gray 

Same playlist.... tonight's ride home shuffle included; Train, fun, Kansas,, Pentatonix, Def Leppard and Daughtry.

You still on board for the ride? 🤣

Edited by kbois
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
8 minutes ago, kbois said:

@Wayne Gray 

Same playlist.... tonight's ride home shuffle included; Train, fun, Kansas,, Pentatonix, Def Leppard and Daughtry.

You still on board for the ride? 🤣

I'm on board. Like Dust in the Wind.

• Haha 4
  • Site Moderator

I’m reading these comments about playlists, and for some reason this one - which I loved when I was a kid - popped into my head.

Anyone else remember this one? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m reading these comments about playlists, and for some reason this one - which I loved when I was a kid - popped into my head.

Anyone else remember this one? 

🙋‍♀️

Love 60s and 70s rock! Brings back memories...my brothers used to play stuff like this all the time... on 8 track players 🤭😆

• Like 3

Bread News...

2 cups whole wheat flour

1 cup white bread flour

2 tsp instant yeast (use 1 tsp if you have time to let it rise longer)

1 1/4 to 1 1/3 c water

1 beaten egg

4 tbsp hemp hearts

4 tbsp large flake oats

2 tbsp chia seeds

2 tsp salt

Mix together, knead 10 minutes (by hand or in mixer), try to NOT add more flour.  Allow to rise until double in bulk in a warm place (about an hour).  Punch down and knead again for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the dough softens. Shape into a rough loaf and put  into a well greased large loaf pan.  Oil lightly and allow to rise 15 to 20 minutes or until the loaf is just starting to rise over the lip of the loaf pan. 

Heat oven to 400f .. bake at 400f for 5 minutes and then reduce to 350f.  Bake another 20 to 25 minutes. The top should be brown. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes and then remove from the pan. Allow to cool. 

Fresh bread is amazing, but it does not like to be sliced.

Made this one today and it's sooooo good.

image.jpeg.3b4652711de35f68be77cdc1d960d280.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
20 minutes ago, kbois said:

🙋‍♀️

Love 60s and 70s rock! Brings back memories...my brothers used to play stuff like this all the time... on 8 track players 🤭😆

Don’t laugh, my mom had an 8 track player in her car. Those were the days... :P 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Bread News...

2 cups whole wheat flour

1 cup white bread flour

2 tsp instant yeast (use 1 tsp if you have time to let it rise longer)

1 1/4 to 1 1/3 c water

1 beaten egg

4 tbsp hemp hearts

4 tbsp large flake oats

2 tbsp chia seeds

2 tsp salt

Mix together, knead 10 minutes (by hand or in mixer), try to NOT add more flour.  Allow to rise until double in bulk in a warm place (about an hour).  Punch down and knead again for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the dough softens. Shape into a rough loaf and put  into a well greased large loaf pan.  Oil lightly and allow to rise 15 to 20 minutes or until the loaf is just starting to rise over the lip of the loaf pan. 

Heat oven to 400f .. bake at 400f for 5 minutes and then reduce to 350f.  Bake another 20 to 25 minutes. The top should be brown. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes and then remove from the pan. Allow to cool. 

Fresh bread is amazing, but it does not like to be sliced.

Made this one today and it's sooooo good.

image.jpeg.3b4652711de35f68be77cdc1d960d280.jpeg

Can this be done in a bread machine? 

I'm not sure if I've seen hemp hearts anywhere around here. I have flax seeds and sunflower seeds though....🤔

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Don’t laugh, my mom had an 8 track player in her car. Those were the days... :P 

My dad bought a new Monte Carlo SS in 1976 for a cross country trip with my mom. It had an 8 track too. He had that boat of a car until they moved here in 2007. I think the thing only had 50,000 miles on it when he sold it. It was a church and Sunday drive car.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, kbois said:

Can this be done in a bread machine? 

I'm not sure if I've seen hemp hearts anywhere around here. I have flax seeds and sunflower seeds though....🤔

i add hemp hearts, but you can add what you like instead ..

I start it in the bread machine on Dough ... then when it stops i take it out to knead it... because the machine doesnt do enough. After i knead it bout 5 minutes, i put it back to let it rise. Then when that's done i knead it again and then shape and into the pan for the last rise.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, kbois said:

My dad bought a new Monte Carlo SS in 1976 for a cross country trip with my mom. It had an 8 track too. He had that boat of a car until they moved here in 2007. I think the thing only had 50,000 miles on it when he sold it. It was a church and Sunday drive car.

I never had an 8 track player. I went to cassette instead. Had a dual cassette deck attached to my stereo so I could make my own cassettes with just the songs I liked. It was always very annoying when that tape got inevitably messed up.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..