The Drop in Centre

16 minutes ago, kbois said:

You're  not the only one who's confused. (Dazed maybe 🤭)

To me it looks like a 2 step process. 1st post it to Stories - post dated. 2nd, copy and paste the link to the thread shown. But I'm not sure if post dating even creates a link? I've never done it before. 

🤔

That sounds right.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sometimes people dont until nearly the last minute so they can make changes. 

Thanks, that makes sense.

I think I did it.

Can someone try and follow this link? It shouldn't work until 1 AM on 19 June (when I set it up to post), I don't think, but I am curious if it does.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
24 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Thanks, that makes sense.

I think I did it.

Can someone try and follow this link? It shouldn't work until 1 AM on 19 June (when I set it up to post), I don't think, but I am curious if it does.

Wayne, I followed this link and it led me to your unposted story home page.

I checked and it’s not in the topic. Perhaps copying the story link and pasting it into the topic will suffice? :unsure: 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Wayne, I followed this link and it led me to your unposted story home page.

I checked and it’s not in the topic. Perhaps copying the story link and pasting it into the topic will suffice? :unsure: 

Thanks for giving it a try, Reader.

Hrm.

Were you able to see/click on the single chapter in the story home page? If not, I think it's working how post dating is intended to work. If you can get into the story and read now, then something's not right.

• Like 2

Ok!

Yes, @kbois, post dating works. Be sure, on the last page before you submit that you’ve unselected the “publish now” box and you’ve entered a day/time prior to the cut-off on 19 June. I have mine set for 1 AM (PST) 19 June.

I just linked it in Renee’s thread. Now, we wait!

🙂

• Like 4

@Wayne Gray and @kbois

After you write your story:

Posting: Post your flash fiction in GA Stories, and post date it for June 21, 2021, 12:00 PM. I know this means that stories won't post all at the same time due to different time zones, but thats OK. I will do a blog post for the 22nd of June listing all of the entries. 

Next: Post the link to your flash fiction in the thread in Writer's Circle.

Your story link MUST be posted in the thread prior to June 19th, 2021, 11:59 MST as the thread will automatically lock. If your story is not posted by that time it will not be included in the voting. Please DO NOT message me the link.

Voting will be done via a poll, most likely in the blog post containing all the story links that will post on June 22nd. Voting will end on June 30th and the winner of the 3 month Premium will be announced in the wrap up on July 4, 2021.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Wayne Gray said:

Thanks, @Mikiesboy! I changed my post date. I thought I had found every post associated with the event, but I guess not.

you get used to the mass confusion of everything... :( 

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

Ok!

Yes, @kbois, post dating works. Be sure, on the last page before you submit that you’ve unselected the “publish now” box and you’ve entered a day/time prior to the cut-off on 19 June. I have mine set for 1 AM (PST) 19 June.

I just linked it in Renee’s thread. Now, we wait!

🙂

I hope I did it right.🤔🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
1 minute ago, kbois said:

I hope I did it right.🤔🤷‍♀️

Just post date it for 21 June, Noon. That's the only thing that needs to change from my post above.

I saw your post on the submission string, but I can't see your story. So you're probably good!

• Like 4
Just now, Wayne Gray said:

Just post date it for 21 June, Noon. That's the only thing that needs to change from my post above.

I saw your post on the submission string, but I can't see your story. So you're probably good!

I did put June 21, 2021, 12N as the publishing time so I guess we sit back and wait!

Thanks for the reminder to unclick the box. I probably would've missed it. 

Good luck!

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Hey! And I like how you didn't even tag me, so I couldn't defend myself!

I see how you are! 😛

wayneless...

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

wayneless...

1 minute ago, Wayne Gray said:

Et tu, tim?

Hold the next thoughts.... I need to make some popcorn for this show....

🤣

• Haha 5
8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

wayneless...

3 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Et tu, tim?

1 minute ago, kbois said:

Hold the next thoughts.... I need to make some popcorn for this show....

🤣

save me a seat k! need to refill my ice water lol!

• Haha 5
Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

save me a seat k! need to refill my ice water lol!

At least we'll have front row seats!

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

out for breakfast ✔

outlet mall game stores ✔

visit with friends at the square ✔

family secret recipe red sauce & spaghetti ✔

chocolate cake ✔

time to take Daughter back to her place 😢

aw, sounds like a great day ... i know the last part is sad, but at least they like to see you, want to see you.  And hopefully soon you'll be able to have more mom/daughter days together.

i hope everyone enjoyed the day!  xo

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I  thought maybe I'd post the recipe for the chocolate icing that I use for cakes. As I said earlier, you have to be a little careful, if you beat it too long it will turn to fudge before it gets on the cake. As a side benefit you can take what you don't need to ice the cake, add whatever you want to it (nuts, etc) and form it into individual fudge pieces for later enjoyment.

Chocolate Fudge Icing

3/4 cup butter
9 tbsp cocoa
3 cups sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Add cocoa, sugar, salt in the pot and mix it up.

Add butter and milk.

Stir good and bring to a boil and stir constantly

Boil at rolling boil 3 minutes or 4 minutes.

Remove from heat and add vanilla.

Beat with mixer 5 minutes until it gets thick. Scrape around pot with knife
and see that mix is getting thicker and stickier and sticks to knife. Once it
starts to thicken, get to icing that cake before it sets!

Note to all. Not sure if you've ever tried the fudge recipe from the Hershey's can. If you have then you know that when it starts to boil the mixture expands and you need a very large pot for it. This mixture expands very little so it can be made in a normal sized pot.

• Love 3
  • Wow 1

Well, hubby had his upper and lower GI tests done this morning. Of course everything looks fine. There was one polyp that was removed and sent out for testing. 

He has evidence of reflux. He's been given a list of foods to avoid. Pretty much everything he eats. Coffee was on the top of the list. Him quitting coffee is like a smoker with a 40 year history of two packs a day trying to quit. 

I ordered some stuff called Postum, which is an alternative to coffee as well as some chicory stuff to try. If anyone knows of anything else (tea is on the avoid list too) please let me know. 

Hope everyone is having a good day so far. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Well, hubby had his upper and lower GI tests done this morning. Of course everything looks fine. There was one polyp that was removed and sent out for testing. 

He has evidence of reflux. He's been given a list of foods to avoid. Pretty much everything he eats. Coffee was on the top of the list. Him quitting coffee is like a smoker with a 40 year history of two packs a day trying to quit. 

I ordered some stuff called Postum, which is an alternative to coffee as well as some chicory stuff to try. If anyone knows of anything else (tea is on the avoid list too) please let me know. 

Hope everyone is having a good day so far. 

Changing your diet is hard. Michael went from from the beer/soda/candy/junkfood diet to the  opposite in less than 24 hours. It wasn't easy at all for him.

Most things can be substituted .. you need to change your expectations and learn to try new things. Eat less and healthier.

I had reflux until they removed my gallbladder... i'd been on a zero fat diet for few weeks until then. Now that was fun. But it was preferable to the hours of agony. Still have to watch the amount of fat i eat.

But there are choices. I hope your husband will try some new things or new versions of old favourites.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..