The Drop in Centre

16 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Oh, I'm no magician. Every trick I perform is absolutely real. 

That would be quite the show I'm sure!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

we will need AC now until October. the humidity levels this weekend will be in tbe "oppressive" category

It's a southern US thing. Most of the time, we wind up running AC on Christmas day. Also, it's not unheard of to run the heat in the morning, and the AC in the afternoon. 30ºF+ temperature swings are common. 

Edited by spyke
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i am good thank You Sir

we will need AC now until October. the humidity levels this weekend will be in tbe "oppressive" category

6 minutes ago, spyke said:

It's a southern US thing. Most of the time, we wind up running AC on Christmas day. Also, it's not unheard of to run the heat in the morning, and the AC in the afternoon. 30ºF+ temperature swings are common. 

Yup...our A/C is on almost all year. Even when it's cool out, the setting is still on. The thermostat will get set higher so it doesn't kick in. On rare occasions if we're having a cold snap the switch might get flicked onto heat. But only if it drops below 65 in the house. 

Our AC unit is over 20 years old... I'm just hoping it lasts until our lease is up and we can move! 

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hope everyone is having a good evening

tried a new recipe today, and Phil said it was so good He had to stop before He hurt Himself
if you try it, let me know

That looks delish molly. I've already bookmarked the page.  Thanks for sharing it! :thankyou:

• Like 4
1 minute ago, spyke said:

That looks delish molly. I've already bookmarked the page.  Thanks for sharing it! :thankyou:

you're welcome spyke!
FYI, we used a roasted salsa verde and our regular Mexican blend shredded cheeses
tell me if you do it, i'd love to hear about it

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
27 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hope everyone is having a good evening

tried a new recipe today, and Phil said it was so good He had to stop before He hurt Himself
if you try it, let me know

The lime kinda scares my pedestrian taste buds, but I might try it. Will have to think about this, so I don’t end up wasting a lime. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

The lime kinda scares my pedestrian taste buds, but I might try it. Will have to think about this, so I don’t end up wasting a lime. 

you don't get much of the lime, it's not like a lime popsicle, or sucking on a lime wedge from your iced tea
it added a hint of something, made it taste really fresh. 3 tablespoons of lime took almost 3 limes by the way

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

:o 

citrus brightens flavours.. especially using fresh juice.  Don't choose dark green limes, buy the lightest green limes. Squeeze when they are at room temperature. (I have microwaved them for a few seconds...)

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Lease? Would it not be up to the land lord to fix/replace?

They would....but in Florida the AC never craps out on a Mon, Tues or Wed. It's always at the end of the week and when you're at the mercy of the contractors the management company uses, it means you're gonna have no AC for at least a few days. It's most likely to happen in August or September when the heat and humidity is brutal and the heat index is in triple digits. Oh...and they don't have any more window or portable units to loan out. 

Been there. Done that. 😂🙄 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
  • Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

citrus brightens flavours.. especially using fresh juice.  Don't choose dark green limes, buy the lightest green limes. Squeeze when they are at room temperature. (I have microwaved them for a few seconds...)

Would have never thought of either of those tips and would have bought the first lines I saw. Thanks! :D 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Would have never thought of either of those tips and would have bought the first lines I saw. Thanks! :D 

And remember.. less is more... use a small wedge first .. squeeze it over your plate.. if you want more add it. 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..