The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, kbois said:

Whichever brand you choose...get the larger size. I thought I'd be fine with the smaller size because there's only 3 of us. Ummm...nope. Wish I went with the biggest one.

Thanks, K. That’s sound advice. :) 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We have the 5 quart one ... it's enough for Michael and me.. though if we're making stew it be full to the top.. but it's enough.  We did find having two liners helpful on the odd occasion, especially if i make stew and then chili on the same day.

Weird. Looking on amazon they only had the five quart size in a brand other than IP. Other than the mini, the smallest IP size is six quarts. 

They do have this one, though, because you just know, someone out there will want one. :P 

Spoiler

613u9FBx6AL._AC_SX679_.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, kbois said:

@mollyhousemouse steamer basket? Tempting..... but if I try to find room in my cupboards for another kitchen gadget I think my husband will roll his eyes so far back in head they'll get stuck😁

it lives inside the IP since we are out of room here

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 5
12 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Weird. Looking on amazon they only had the five quart size in a brand other than IP. Other than the mini, the smallest IP size is six quarts. 

They do have this one, though, because you just know, someone out there will want one. :P 

Reveal hidden contents

oh i love that... haha    Our IP is oldish.. go for the 6.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

In keeping with the Amazon topic. My husband came home and was carrying an Amazon package. He strolls through the living room and thinks he's being funny... 

Him: You got another Amazon delivery Opus!

Me: Those are the protein bars you asked me to order. 

Him:

Sad Arrested Development GIF

Me;

spit take GIF

tim ordered three things the other day.  1 whatever it was and 2 bottles of ginger. Little bottles of ground ginger.  The order came in 3 packages. 

Three.  

Idiots. 

Edited by MichaelS36
  • Wow 3
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
38 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh i love that... haha    Our IP is oldish.. go for the 6.

I second that @Reader1810. I have the 6. It works great and I get leftovers to put into the freezer. It's a really versatile appliance. The silicone sealing ring will absorb cooking odors (like from savory dishes), but you can get extra ones if that bothers you. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim ordered three things the other day.  1 whatever it was and 2 bottles of ginger. Little bottles of ground ginger.  The order came in 3 packages. 

Three.  

Idiots. 

I hate when that happens. I try to do the option to have everything delivered together as long as it's something we don't need right away. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Three.  

Idiots. 

Matches the delivery via a huge box for something one quarter the size of said box. If you like miles and miles of paper cushioning, then you’re golden. :rolleyes:

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
49 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

I've used a crock-pot / slow cooker a lot, but have never used an IP. Are they as good as they are hyped up to be?

Yes they are.  It's a multi-function cooker. You can sear, saute, slow cook, pressure cook, steam, etc. Prime example is pot roast. I sear the meat, saute the onions then return the meat to the pot with carrots and some stock and slow cook. Later on I add the potatoes. Or I can make beef short ribs in about an hour by using the pressure cook function.  You can look online for recipes/ideas, or you can ask our own experts, @Mikiesboy & @mollyhousemouse.  They gave me the most AMAZING risotto recipe that I'm planning on making for dinner tonight. 

Edited by spyke
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, spyke said:

Yes they are.  It's a multi-function cooker. You can sear, saute, slow cook, pressure cook, steam, etc. Prime example is pot roast. I sear the meat, saute the onions then return the meat to the pot with carrots and some stock and slow cook. Later on I add the potatoes. Or I can make beef short ribs in about an hour by using the pressure cook function.  You can look online for recipes/ideas, or you can ask our own experts, @Mikiesboy & @mollyhousemouse.  They gave me the most AMAZING risotto recipe that I'm planning on making for dinner tonight. 

that risotto is truly amazing ... 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Hide contents

It's cute, but not sure I want r2d2 cooking my dinner!

• Haha 4

On a Microsoft Teams meeting ... some guy i dont know pops up on  Skype.. oh can i connect with you? 

I said i'm in a meeting. 

So after the meeting is done.. I said how can i help you?

He says oh i need to connect to your laptop.  I said why, who are you? .. no reply.

I said.. i have schedule to keep.. i'm on my break.. see you at 2:20... geez

nothing about who he is or wtf he wants.  well.. you can wait then.

• Wow 5
  • Site Moderator
48 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

On a Microsoft Teams meeting ... some guy i dont know pops up on  Skype.. oh can i connect with you? 

I said i'm in a meeting. 

He says oh i need to connect to your laptop.  I said why, who are you? .. no reply.

No, that’s not creepy in the slightest...  🤨

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

I said i'm in a meeting. 

Sounds a little phishy to me. 

The only way I let anyone have access to my work computer is if I  call the IT guy or he calls me. I know his voice. Anyone else can go take a hike!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

I said i'm in a meeting. 

Sounds like a hacker/scammer

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

No, that’s not creepy in the slightest...  🤨

11 minutes ago, spyke said:

Sounds like a hacker/scammer

54 minutes ago, kbois said:

Sounds a little phishy to me. 

The only way I let anyone have access to my work computer is if I  call the IT guy or he calls me. I know his voice. Anyone else can go take a hike!

No, he was legit, but they should let you know they're coming.  This was a service issue i put in, in late March, they are just now getting around to it.  Seriously, they want speedy action to reply to customers.. yet.. this is how long it takes them to address tech issues.  My boss reached out to some tech guy he knows.. said try this. Worked perfectly.  

I got a survey a few weeks ago.. what should we change to serve customer's better. I said you need to get rid of Internet explorer and give us tech that works. That's what lets down service.

• Wow 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..