The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator

@kbois I hope whatever is going on with your hubby is figured out and has an easy resolution.

As for happy news, other than seeing a bunny on my walk tonight - yeah, cute critters get me every time - we had a T-storm earlier, so this ridiculous heat wave we’ve been having seems to be over. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, kbois said:

This week is proving to be a bit of a challenge, but I'm focusing on whatever positives I can find, so if anyone has some good news, please share!

all 3 kids will be here on Sunday! fully vaccinated! so we're going to go out for brunch for the twins' birthday!

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, kbois said:

Hope everyone has a nice quiet evening!

K for the win! Good for you for getting creative and coming up with something yummy and healthy. :thumbup: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hey All,

I am around, just not as much as usual at the moment.

My youngest Sister has started to cause issues with me and my oldest sister over Dad's death/estate.

She has started calling me cold and calculated and uncaring because I started to sort out emptying the flat the day after the funeral. She lived in the same town as Dad, so she collected the ashes, but me and eldest sister are uncaring because we can't go when she sprinkles the ashes ( we both live over 200 miles away).

Plus I've been doing to much and caused pain In my kidney.

Sorry for ranting and unloading on everyone.

Hope everyone is well.

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

My youngest Sister has started to cause issues with me and my oldest sister over Dad's death/estate.

She has started calling me cold and calculated and uncaring because I started to sort out emptying the flat the day after the funeral. She lived in the same town as Dad, so she collected the ashes, but me and eldest sister are uncaring because we can't go when she sprinkles the ashes ( we both live over 200 miles away).

Hope everyone is well.

Awww...sorry Chris. 

Sibling relationships suck sometimes. Don't be sorry. This is a safe landing zone for ranting and unloading 😄. Hope you feel better soon.

Speaking of ranting....my car won't start this morning. I'm waiting for AAA to show up. Hopefully it's just the battery. 😕

• Like 4

All I could picture there was the unicorn horn coming out of a certain place.

Then again I've been told my mind is below the gutter....

12 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Nearly bought tim some unicorn pants.. but that's as close as I've come to magic. 

• Haha 4

Update: it was the battery, so I only lost 1.5 hours. 

On a bright note.... I'm old fashioned and listen to the local radio station on my way to work. (Spotify in the afternoon). I won $25.00 for a local restaurant. They have various contests and today's was 'Celebrity Talk'. They play a clip from a TV show or movie and you have to guess who the actor is. I got through and guessed Hugh Laurie correctly. Yay!

I  guess staying positive and calm paid off this morning. I used to pitch a fit when things like that happened. Other than the initial  "oh shit" when the car wouldn't turn over I just told myself to suck it up and don't whine. 

Hopefully the rest of the day stays bright. Have a good one everybody!

Edited by kbois
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hope everyone is well.

Rant away, Chris. It’s better to vent then keep it all inside. 

:hug: 

• Like 4
15 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

.. but that's as close as I've come to magic. 

Forgive me if I find that a bit hard to believe. 🤣

I'm betting there's a certain someone who would totally disagree.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

Hope everyone is well.

I hate that you're having to go through this Chris, on top of everything else that's been loaded onto your shoulders the past few months. Unfortunately it seems that with siblings, there's always one who feels left out and they express their frustration and pain during times like these. Do what you need to do but most of all, take care of yourself.  And we're here if you need to rant. As always, no judgement, just an ear to listen. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Good morning all... 

This recipe was in my inbox this morning. 

https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2017/02/14/healthy-apple-pie-spice-cinnamon-rolls/

Funny thing, I’d never heard of apple pie spice, but discovered its existence last week while looking for cinnamon. Having it in this recipe is a sign I must make this. I’m sure of that. :D 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Kitt said:

What is the diff between Apple pie and pumpkin pie spices?

People don't get foolish stupid crazy over Apple pie spice. 🤣

Seriously though, I think that the apple pie spice doesn't have cloves in it. 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..