The Drop in Centre

4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Good luck with your class, molly. I hope it surpasses your expectations. 

3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Good luck with your new course x

1 hour ago, kbois said:

Good for you Molly! What type of web based course is it?

thanks everyone!

it's for a Project Management Certification. the first night was good. it's in a webinar format but they use an interactive app for comments & polls

• Like 4
7 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thanks everyone!

it's for a Project Management Certification. the first night was good. it's in a webinar format but they use an interactive app for comments & polls

Well then you will walk away with it! Just certifying skills you already have. Go smash em lady!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, kbois said:

I might be way off base here, but I'm getting desperate. I got bit twice by a fire ant on my big toe Sat night. It was fine until yesterday when it puffed up and started itching. Today it's just a big red lump and a little red lump. But..... the itching...Just. Won't. Stop. 

Benadryl, hydrocortisone, anti-itch cream....I even stooped to trying jock itch relief.  I'm about ready to amputate. 

A few months ago someone posted a remedy that involved tea or tea bags? Does anyone remember what it was and if it works for itching?

Please. Help. 

This won't help you now, but for future reference, as soon as you are bit, dab the area with bleach. I don't know how or why, but it works. Alternatively, I usually carry one of those "After Bite" pens (you can get them at Walmart) and they also seem to work. The main ingredient in those is ammonia and it does smell. 

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, spyke said:

This won't help you now, but for future reference, as soon as you are bit, dab the area with bleach. I don't know how or why, but it works. Alternatively, I usually carry one of those "After Bite" pens (you can get them at Walmart) and they also seem to work. The main ingredient in those is ammonia and it does smell. 

Good to know. 

I rarely go off-sidewalking with the dogs, but inevitably I get bit/stung by something. I swear insects see me and think 'all you can eat buffet' 

I've had a pesky gnat in my office the past week and it loves dive-bombing my head.

Hope everyone has a good day!

• Love 3
On 6/8/2021 at 7:54 AM, spyke said:

@Mikiesboy & @mollyhousemouse.  They gave me the most AMAZING risotto recipe that I'm planning on making for dinner tonight. 

On 6/8/2021 at 9:19 AM, Mikiesboy said:

that risotto is truly amazing ... 

LOL! it took a minute to find this

we had it tonight
with grilled pork chops

good night all
rest well

• Like 2
On 6/15/2021 at 12:00 PM, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends

i started a web based class tonight. i'll be pretty absent Mon, Wed, & Fri evenings.

i hope everyone is well. see you tomorrow.

Wow. Congrats, molly! I'm sure you'll ace it!

On 6/16/2021 at 9:25 AM, kbois said:

I might be way off base here, but I'm getting desperate. I got bit twice by a fire ant on my big toe Sat night. It was fine until yesterday when it puffed up and started itching. Today it's just a big red lump and a little red lump. But..... the itching...Just. Won't. Stop. 

Benadryl, hydrocortisone, anti-itch cream....I even stooped to trying jock itch relief.  I'm about ready to amputate. 

A few months ago someone posted a remedy that involved tea or tea bags? Does anyone remember what it was and if it works for itching?

Please. Help. 

Ouch! We don't have those here. But I hope the itch goes away soon. Still...ouch. I think I read somewhere that fire ants have really nasty bites.

• Like 4
Just now, Reader1810 said:

@Solus Magus Not sure what time of day it is for you but hello and I hope it was a good one. :) 

As for me it’s 11:16 pm so I’m off to bed. 

Goodnight, @Reader1810. I hope you have a good night's rest.

There's a 12-hours difference between us, though. So the sun is up high and mighty right now. :D

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Solus Magus Not sure what time of day it is for you but hello and I hope it was a good one. :) 

As for me it’s 11:16 pm so I’m off to bed. 

Goodnight. Its 4.30am here in the UK and I'm wide awake with insomnia.

• Sad 5

I remembered hiking on a mountain before and it rained really hard. Because it was muddy, my shoe was torn off and I had to walk through a good portion of the hike bare-footed. 

It was all going well when we had to walk over an anthill and I didn't have any shoes. Plus it was kinda on a ledge, so if I skipped over it, I might fall off to the side of the mountain. It was that or get bit by a swarm of huge ants because I had to walk over them.

Thankfully, there was a huge banana tree beside it and I cut off one  of the branches, and laid it above the swarm of ants then crossed as soon as I can. Otherwise, I may still be stuck on that mountain trail. Ant bites are really badddd.

• Wow 5

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanted to stop in and say ‘Good Morning’

Adding to the Good News

was sent this by a friend and wanted to share.

Things are going good getting out of the house and helping Brother-in-law. We are volunteering to run a concession stand for the local baseball association. Having a good time helping others. 

CC007A6D-A938-4E9A-B61B-B009A6E491FD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning Sirs

morning y'all

Friday roll call.... who's here & 1 good/nice/memorable thing from the week. i'll start

this class i'm taking has already given me some insight into how to better manage projects

Had several little things stand out this week, but more importantly I've actually noticed a difference in how I see things. I've realized that the positives now outweighs the negatives. 

It feels good.

I have a sticky note pad on my desk that I have started writing positive affirmations on and I've added the two from @Mikiesboy and @rickproehl. Thanks for those!

Happy Friday!

• Love 5
20 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Does English count?

Yessss. Not everyone is a native english speaker though.

I'm fluent in 2 languages but I want a 3rd. Just enrolled for it, actually. Lol. Then maybe a 4th, 10yrs from now.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

Yessss. Not everyone is a native english speaker though.

I'm fluent in 2 languages but I want a 3rd. Just enrolled for it, actually. Lol. Then maybe a 4th, 10yrs from now.

I'm just English. I can kind of understand Dutch, can kinda read Dutch. Speaking it makes my throat hurt though.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..