The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I googled coffee substitute that tastes like coffee. This is just one link from the search:

https://products.bestreviews.com/best-coffee-substitute/ca

I will check these out. Thanks Reader!

20 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Changing your diet is hard. Michael went from from the beer/soda/candy/junkfood diet to the  opposite in less than 24 hours. It wasn't easy at all for him.

Most things can be substituted .. you need to change your expectations and learn to try new things. Eat less and healthier.

I had reflux until they removed my gallbladder... i'd been on a zero fat diet for few weeks until then. Now that was fun. But it was preferable to the hours of agony. Still have to watch the amount of fat i eat.

But there are choices. I hope your husband will try some new things or new versions of old favourites.

He won't have much problem with the diet change. The biggest issue is coffee. On the rare occasion where he's gone without for a day, he gets a massive headache, so the caffeine withdrawal will suck for him. 

Most of the foods that he shouldn't eat are the more acid ones like citrus, tomatoes, spicy food and weirdly mango and papaya (which he loves).

We've already pretty much eliminated fried, fatty food and cut way back on dairy such as milk and cheese. He's not a big alcohol drinker either. 

Most meats and fish are good. I need to expand my seafood recipes. I just wish good fish wasn't so expensive! 

I'm not giving up on my spices though, so now when I cook I'll have to make a non-spicy version of whatever it is for him. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

I will check these out. Thanks Reader!

He won't have much problem with the diet change. The biggest issue is coffee. On the rare occasion where he's gone without for a day, he gets a massive headache, so the caffeine withdrawal will suck for him. 

Most of the foods that he shouldn't eat are the more acid ones like citrus, tomatoes, spicy food and weirdly mango and papaya (which he loves).

We've already pretty much eliminated fried, fatty food and cut way back on dairy such as milk and cheese. He's not a big alcohol drinker either. 

Most meats and fish are good. I need to expand my seafood recipes. I just wish good fish wasn't so expensive! 

I'm not giving up on my spices though, so now when I cook I'll have to make a non-spicy version of whatever it is for him. 

Yeah caffeine headaches are awful. I drink less caffeine.. and sort of reduced it mixing some regular coffee with decaf. Maybe a slower withdrawal ?

Sounds like you're most of the way there already. So that's good.  I like spice myself but Michael is not as keen. So, I kind of make it Michael friendly and i can add heat for me if i want it.

• Love 4

If you have the chance to watch the BBC show; TIme.  It is not time wasted.

Sean Bean and Stephen Graham star.. both are excellent.  It's 3 parts and realistic and the acting and writing are both brilliant.  Stephen Graham is such a great actor as is Sean Bean.

If you'd to read more:  Time

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 5
  • Site Moderator
21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

If you have the chance to watch the BBC show; TIme.  It is not time wasted.

Sean Bean and Stephen Graham star.. both are excellent.  It's 3 parts and realistic and the acting and writing are both brilliant.  Stephen Graham is such a great actor as is Sean Bean.

If you'd to read more:  Time

I think I get the BBC, so I’ll have a look.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I'm still waiting to find out what spawned this flurry of notifications!

She dropped the mother of all bombshells/cliffhangers 3 days ago on her readers. And dagnabbit, my phone won't stop ringing and I still haven't gotten a chance to read the new chapter. 

• Haha 4
  • Angry 1
Just now, spyke said:

She dropped the mother of all bombshells/cliffhangers 3 days ago on her readers. And dagnabbit, my phone won't stop ringing and I still haven't gotten a chance to read the new chapter. 

WHAT??!

The woman, @kbois, who referred to me as "Cliffhanger Harry" is now guilty of one herself? Well. My, oh my.

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Wayne Gray said:

WHAT??!

The woman, @kbois, who referred to me as "Cliffhanger Harry" is now guilty of one herself? Well. My, oh my.

Sorry, but she's snatched that crown right off of your head. 

• Haha 4
24 minutes ago, spyke said:

Damn her....how dare she!

• Haha 5
23 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

WHAT??!

🤭😘

• Haha 4
Just now, kbois said:

Damn her....how dare she!

Yessss. Let the cliffhanger ... FLOW within you! Soon, you too will join me at ...

THE CLIFFSIDE!

• Haha 5
Just now, Wayne Gray said:

Yessss. Let the cliffhanger ... FLOW within you! Soon, you too will join me at ...

THE CLIFFSIDE!

Friendship Hold Hands GIF by Thelma and Louise

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Hello there. How is everyone?

I'm getting morning sickness everyday. I feel like puking every time I wake up and I don't have appetite. Maybe I'm pregnant or something.

I just skimmed this page and all I saw was about a cliffhanger and BBC. Of course my depraved brain would think of something naughty. Please, do forgive me.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
16 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends

i started a web based class tonight. i'll be pretty absent Mon, Wed, & Fri evenings.

i hope everyone is well. see you tomorrow.

tim mentioned it to me. That's excellent news. you will be brilliant.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
17 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends

i started a web based class tonight. i'll be pretty absent Mon, Wed, & Fri evenings.

Good luck with your class, molly. I hope it surpasses your expectations. 

• Like 5
18 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends

Good luck with your new course x

• Like 5
21 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends

Good for you Molly! What type of web based course is it?

• Like 3

I might be way off base here, but I'm getting desperate. I got bit twice by a fire ant on my big toe Sat night. It was fine until yesterday when it puffed up and started itching. Today it's just a big red lump and a little red lump. But..... the itching...Just. Won't. Stop. 

Benadryl, hydrocortisone, anti-itch cream....I even stooped to trying jock itch relief.  I'm about ready to amputate. 

A few months ago someone posted a remedy that involved tea or tea bags? Does anyone remember what it was and if it works for itching?

Please. Help. 

• Sad 5
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, kbois said:

Please. Help. 

First: :hug: 

I don’t know if I can help, but I recalled roll-on anti-perspirant works for itchy mosquito bites, so maybe it will work for fire ant bites? 

I also found this website with a list of suggestions to relieve the itch of fire ant bites. 

https://www.medicinenet.com/what_is_the_best_thing_to_put_on_fire_ant_bites/article.htm

As for the tea remedy that was for cold sores in the mouth. 

Fingers crossed you find some relief soon. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

First: :hug: 

I don’t know if I can help, but I recalled roll-on anti-perspirant works for itchy mosquito bites, so maybe it will work for fire ant bites? 

I also found this website with a list of suggestions to relieve the itch of fire ant bites. 

https://www.medicinenet.com/what_is_the_best_thing_to_put_on_fire_ant_bites/article.htm

As for the tea remedy that was for cold sores in the mouth. 

Fingers crossed you find some relief soon. 

And I love how the article starts off by saying that 5% of fire ant stings are fatal...😳

I found my tea tree oil and it seems to help (at least initially) I  hope it lasts! Thanks Reader! 

Stupid fire ants. 

Edited by kbois
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, kbois said:

And I love how the article starts off by saying that 5% of fire ant stings are fatal...😳

Oops, sorry about that.  I jumped right to the remedies, so I missed that bit. My bad…

Let’s hope the tea tree oil works.

• Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..