The Drop in Centre

5 hours ago, Kitt said:

What's wrong with wetting feed in 90* heat then letting it sit for 14 or 15 hours?

@Reader1810 might not want to say it, but I will--That damn barn owner should be tied up and force fed that fermented garbage, and then he needs to be horsewhipped. 

I hope that your Jack recovers, Kitt.  It's time for you to move your horse before they kill him. Then you need to start making calls to the powers that be and try and get this place shut down once and for all before they do any more damage to innocent animals. 

There's a special place in hell for people like this. 

Edited by spyke
  • Like 4
33 minutes ago, spyke said:

@Reader1810 might not want to say it, but I will--That damn barn owner should be tied up and force fed that fermented garbage, and then he needs to be horsewhipped. 

I hope that your Jack recovers, Kitt.  

Jack is home and back to himself.

Of course first thing I did was clean the trough. Then I sent him a pick of the slime, all swirly from the scrub brush, before rinsing with the caption " if it EVER looks like this again I will use your bearded face to scrub it".

Yes, I am angry. Unfortunately I can't leave until I find an alternative source of care and custody insurance.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
58 minutes ago, spyke said:

I hope that your Jack recovers, Kitt.  It's time for you to move your horse before they kill him. Then you need to start making calls to the powers that be and try and get this place shut down once and for all before they do any more damage to innocent animals. 

There's a special place in hell for people like this. 

@spyke My tongue is much more colourful than yours all thanks to my Tartan temper, which would be in overdrive if I were to encounter this asshat. 

• Like 5
17 hours ago, Kitt said:

Warning - Rant ahead. If you are not in the mood, please skip this post!

I want to bill the barn owner. Hubby says I can't do that. IMO it was negligence on their part, that they had been told over and over they could not do what they were doing, that sooner or later issues would occur.  But then - WTF do I know? I have only been in the horse business for 40 years, and that doesn't count the time I spent at the barn as a young teen. Just from when they started paying me. The 20 something that just started riding last year and asked to work to pay her lessons knows so much more than me. The dude who barely speaks English and works 2 other jobs besides knows that the easier he can make his day is better right? What's wrong with wetting feed in 90* heat then letting it sit for 14 or 15 hours?

BILL HIM -- nothing may come of it, but perhaps it will sink into his head this time. But I'm a vindictive queen so...

• Like 5

Not been on recently.  Last couple of weeks have been extremely stressful.

SP and I are trying to arrange our "post-COVID" public exchange of vows and having problems finding vendors - let alone people that fit in our limited budget.  Add on to that idiocy w. trying to get a new light installed in the house and crazyness at work and it's not been a good week.

• Sad 5

My older son just texted me. They're hoping to be on the road by 1:00. I'm so excited to see him and his girlfriend..... but so bittersweet too. I know moving away is part of growing up and being an adult, but it's different when they're no longer a reasonable driving distance away. (Although if push came to shove... in an emergency I'm pretty sure I could turn a 20 hour drive into 15 or 16. Five minute bathroom stops, eat in the car and no sleeping)

We've got some fun stuff planned this weekend. He wants to teach his mom how to shoot, 😳 so we're going to the range tomorrow. I also got us all tickets for a comedy show at the local venue that just reopened.

Plus dinner out for my younger son's birthday (which is Monday), most likely a sushi place. I'm not a fan of sushi, but his birthday, his choice. There's always other things on the menu. Pretty sure I'll go over budget on the calorie count, but I'm at a place where I'm not going to stress out over it. I'm in control of my choices and I have the tools I need to make a better choice. So no fried foods or stuff covered in cheese or heavy sauce. Maybe just a bite or two of birthday cake!

I hope everyone has a good day!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

BILL HIM -- nothing may come of it, but perhaps it will sink into his head this time. But I'm a vindictive queen so...

I once billed my doctor for having to wait 90 minutes past my appointment time. I used print shop to make official looking letterhead. Got ignored first letter, second letter. Last one I threatened to send to a collection agency and I received a check for $150 in the mail.

Took the check to his office, dropped it off, told them the place was fucked beyond repair and found a new doctor. The one I have now, if you get there 10 minutes early, you're the only person in the waiting room. Either before or by your appointment time you're in the back. I can't imagine going to a doctor that has a waiting room half full of patients.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ryan Jones said:

I once billed my doctor for having to wait 90 minutes past my appointment time. I used print shop to make official looking letterhead. Got ignored first letter, second letter. Last one I threatened to send to a collection agency and I received a check for $150 in the mail.

Took the check to his office, dropped it off, told them the place was fucked beyond repair and found a new doctor. The one I have now, if you get there 10 minutes early, you're the only person in the waiting room. Either before or by your appointment time you're in the back. I can't imagine going to a doctor that has a waiting room half full of patients.

Your guy is a rarity. Mine has three docs in the office, and rhey stager times. One runs on the hour, the second on the quarter and the third on the half, so even though they run pretty much on time, there is always a couple of people waiting

• Like 1

Woo-hoo! Just bought a new (used) truck! Dodge Ram mega cab. The back seat is huge, and there is storage behind it and built into the floor. No more having most of the back seat taken up by my work bag, purse, etc!

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Woo-hoo! Just bought a new (used) truck! Dodge Ram mega cab. The back seat is huge, and there is storage behind it and built into the floor. No more having most of the back seat taken up by my work bag, purse, etc!

Damn girl.... exactly how big is your purse? 🤣

(But really... congrats on the new truck!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, kbois said:

Damn girl.... exactly how big is your purse? 🤣

(But really... congrats on the new truck!)

Lol it thinks it's a briefcase! But it is really a function of how small the back seat is in the old truck.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Slight rant/bitch session ahead. 

My biggest pet peeve is people interrupting me when I'm speaking, especially if I'm trying to explain something. 

I was on the phone with someone in our accounting department (let's call her X) trying to explain where I thought a mistake had been made by the previous manager on one of resident's ledger. She would not let me finish one damn sentence. Not even when she asked me a question and I was trying to answer her. Soooo.... I hung up on her.  She called me back a few minutes later and asked if we got cut off by accident. 

I said nope, I hung up on you. I told her I don't appreciate being interrupted and then I started to say that I wanted the common courtesy of being able to finish a sentence. 

Well guess what? Yup. She retaliated and hung up on me mid sentence. I really hope she's not waiting on me to call her back. 

Then I get an email from her saying that instructions will follow as to how to submit the changes on my end of month report and that all future questions relating to resident ledgers should be directed to my regional manager. 

Fine by me. 

Grrrrrrrrr... 

I just took a little walk, calmed down, and I'm gonna head home in a few. My boy should be home between 8-9! 

• Wow 4

I saw this on Facebook today and it made me laugh:

Being a parent is like jumping out of an airplane with a bunch of people who don't know how to open their own chutes. 

So, you fly around doing it for them.

Then you hit the ground, but you don't die. You get up and cook dinner for them. 

🤣🤣 This would be me!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, kbois said:

Then I get an email from her saying that instructions will follow as to how to submit the changes on my end of month report and that all future questions relating to resident ledgers should be directed to my regional manager. 

That's one less idiot for you to deal with then. It sounds to me like you inadvertently won the war on this one. 😁  In my business, I prefer communicating with e-mail. It makes it easier to CMA when it gets down to a he said- she said situation.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, spyke said:

That's one less idiot for you to deal with then. It sounds to me like you inadvertently won the war on this one. 😁  In my business, I prefer communicating with e-mail. It makes it easier to CMA when it gets down to a he said- she said situation.

Hopefully nothing comes up next week....my regional manager is on vacation 🤭

I called my favorite brother and asked him "on a scale of 1 to 10, how are my shit stirring skills?"

He laughed. 

• Haha 4
15 minutes ago, spyke said:

Why I changed to group texting toward the end of my tenure as barn manager. Got very tired of being told I never said things.

• Like 4

MARCO! 🤭

Wow, what a busy weekend. Son and girlfriend headed back to Tallahassee. I'm still trying to process all the emotions. I'm so proud of him, and I'm going to miss him something fierce. 

Went out to dinner and then to the comedy club downtown last night. Great show. Australian comedian Monty Franklin was the headliner. It felt good to laugh so much. It was a combination Father's Day, birthday for younger son and going away thing for older son. 

Went and picked up my mom this morning and took everyone to breakfast (yeah, it was a bit of an expensive weekend, but worth it). Mom's doing okay. I'm mom-sitting for the afternoon. She's singing to my dog right now. 😆

Almost time to get an early supper going. Then it's off to take the younger kid to work and bring Mom back to my brother's. 

Hope everyone had been doing okay the past few days. It's been rather quiet in here the few times I've checked in. 

Have a good evening!

Edited by kbois
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..