The Drop in Centre

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i'll have to look for that, thanks!

i'm really enjoying it. I finished the first and am nearly finished the 2nd.

• Like 2

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends

Good Tuesday Morning

i broke a record today after 2 1/2 years i had to go into the office to work. with my surgery coming up they needed to train a new tech. i got that job today. 

Take Care and Take time for yourself.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

You know you’re getting old when the kid you used to babysit is about to become a grandparent. :o  

Ah well, at least my hair hasn’t turned grey - yet. :P 

• Haha 2
  • Wow 3
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

You know you’re getting old when the kid you used to babysit is about to become a grandparent. :o  

Ah well, at least my hair hasn’t turned grey - yet. :P 

Holy Ancient Batman!   They must be a very YOUNG grandparent! It is possible.  You'll never be old, Reader. xoxo

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Holy Ancient Batman!   They must be a very YOUNG grandparent! It is possible.  You'll never be old, Reader. xoxo

Not old, but not young either.

Funny thing, my local pharmacy would ask at check out if I was over a certain age. As I wasn’t, I always said no. Now that I’ve reached said age, they never ask me. Go figure…

• Haha 3
  • Wow 2
10 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Not old, but not young either.

Funny thing, my local pharmacy would ask at check out if I was over a certain age. As I wasn’t, I always said no. Now that I’ve reached said age, they never ask me. Go figure…

hehe... you'll still never be old, Reader. xoxo

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I'm back home, Kansas was pretty cool. Where we were was all rolling hills. We did a day trip to Badlands State Park. Amazing scenery. 

Loved seeing my son and his fiancée. Now I'm back to missing them and counting down the days until they come at Christmas. 

We didn't get home until midnight. I'll be pretty useless at work today. 

I hope everyone has a good day!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hey everyone.... hope you are doing ok. i'll be away the next couple of days. i'm participating in a KAIZEN EVENT:

A kaizen event is a five-day team workshop with a specific goal or set of goals for an area that needs improvement. This event will be led by a team leader and will include training, data collection, brainstorming, and implementation.

ours is only 2 days. there's no phones, no email, no Teams/Zoom/Skype. we're focusing on growth & expansion.

have a great rest of the week. see you this weekend

Sounds amazing. And you will be brilliant! Show em what you got, honey!!  xoooxo

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

What i remind myself each time i sit down to write and then decide it's more fun to watch Prime, or read a book or knit, or cook, or have a nap, stare out the window, or look at the wall. You get my drift:

Have a great Thursday!! 

tim i hope you have a great day as well

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

What i remind myself each time i sit down to write and then decide it's more fun to watch Prime, or read a book or knit, or cook, or have a nap, stare out the window, or look at the wall. You get my drift:

Have a great Thursday!! 

This made me laugh, because I do this, too. :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

i want to take a few minutes to tell everyone in DiC “Thank You”. to many times you don’t say that to people that have made a impact.

Right back atcha, rick! :hug: 

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Needless to say, I didnt get much writing done this morning. 

True, but your morning was not unproductive, right? Oh, and the Prime documentary  sounds interesting, I should check it out.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

True, but your morning was not unproductive, right? Oh, and the Prime documentary  sounds interesting, I should check it out.

They have some good Canadian ones on there. I'm watching another about a deep dive in the Kalahari Desert, yes.. a deep dive. Wild ... it's called Dave Not Coming Back, this one is not Canadian.

We went to vote... it was a longish walk and warm but not too bad. i need to get more exercise...i'm in sorry shape.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 5
  • Site Moderator
20 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We went to vote... it was a longish walk and warm but not too bad. i need to get more exercise...i'm in sorry shape.

Not warm for me. Had to get up and shut the window last night, and it’s not open now, and it’s not too warm. Not short wearing weather today even though two days ago, it was 31C (88F). What a difference a day, or two, makes…

• Like 3
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Not warm for me. Had to get up and shut the window last night, and it’s not open now, and it’s not too warm. Not short wearing weather today even though two days ago, it was 31C (88F). What a difference a day, or two, makes…

We had heat of 90 f on Tuesday/Wednesday today it’s raining so it is cooler. this is my last day to get my projects done. After tomorrow will be on restrictions after surgery. They just called  it’s scheduled for Friday at 3 pm but i have to stop eating and drinking at midnight. Feel like the condemned prisoner and his last meal …. 

• Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 4
2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

We had heat of 90 f on Tuesday/Wednesday today it’s raining so it is cooler. this is my last day to get my projects done. After tomorrow will be on restrictions after surgery. They just called  it’s scheduled for Friday at 3 pm but i have to stop eating and drinking at midnight. Feel like the condemned prisoner and his last meal …. 

i've been there a few times... it's always nerve wracking. i'm glad once i'm in there .. i just give myself over and let them do their jobs. it's always nice to have food afterward if you feel up to eating.  our local hospital has lots of very hot male nurses .. so there's entertainment too!  :)  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..