The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Being more productive makes sense. Not having to deal with the commute, no matter what form it takes, means less stress at the start of your day. Achieving more rest, because one does have to get up as early is a big plus as well. 

i agree Reader1810, also small projects at home get done as well with no travel time. 

• Like 5

I'm not a fan of moving. It feels like I've done it a million times in my life, although it's probably closer to a couple dozen. 

Packing sucks. It sucks even more when you realize no one reads actual newspapers anymore! At least no one I know! 

I'll have to hit up some of my residents and see if anyone still gets the paper. Otherwise it's off to the dollar store for some rolls of cheap wrapping paper. Luckily I've downsized a lot of 'collectibles' over the years and don't have a lot. 

At least it's a local move and I can take a carload up everyday. 

No newspaper... 21st century conundrum! 😆 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
33 minutes ago, kbois said:

Packing sucks. It sucks even more when you realize no one reads actual newspapers anymore! At least no one I know! 

When I moved in 2019 I bought the Saturday editions at the small grocer in the building next to mine. Thinking about it now, the dollar store probably would have been more economical. Heck, they might even have had packing paper.

Good luck with your move K. Packing what you want to keep and throwing out or donating what you don’t want to take with you is defo a lot of work.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, kbois said:

I'm not a fan of moving. It feels like I've done it a million times in my life, although it's probably closer to a couple dozen. 

I'll have to hit up some of my residents and see if anyone still gets the paper. Otherwise it's off to the dollar store for some rolls of cheap wrapping paper. Luckily I've downsized a lot of 'collectibles' over the years and don't have a lot. 

Pro tip: You can get news print paper at local stores that sell boxes or moving supplies, or off of Amazon. You'll thank me later when you don't have to scrub the ink off of you hands or off of your dishes and glasses and counters.

And you're right, packing does suck.  Bigly.

P.S. That dang double quote just happened to me. 

Edited by spyke
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, kbois said:

Granted, I live in a small town, but our local newspaper has a giant recycling bin. You can pull out stacks of newspapers for free. We do it every fall so we have fire starter.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

We've had 3.33" of rain since overnight Sunday-Monday through this morning, and could get another nearly 2" of rain before it ends sometime tomorrow.  Under a flood advisory at the moment; good news is we're near the top of a hill so we won't flood, but there are a lot of intersections in this town that do.

take care of your self Fae, 

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends

Good Morning 

i hope everyone had a Good Monday

i have some news to share with you. our local Gay Pride Group had a Logo contest i entered but didn’t get chosen. They still want to use my design to sell stickers for the  group. so that’s a good thing so here is what i sent.

Take Care and Take time for yourself.

B04FC0F2-A5C2-4811-94DA-69F98A3DBECA.jpeg

That's a great logo.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends

Good Morning 

i hope everyone had a Good Monday

i have some news to share with you. our local Gay Pride Group had a Logo contest i entered but didn’t get chosen. They still want to use my design to sell stickers for the  group. so that’s a good thing so here is what i sent.

Take Care and Take time for yourself.

B04FC0F2-A5C2-4811-94DA-69F98A3DBECA.jpeg

well done rick!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Mental Health Day ... actually a planned vacation day which has turned into a mental health day and i have a stinking headache day ... but to all of you, have a lovely Thursday.. .

Take care tim x

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Mental Health Day ... actually a planned vacation day which has turned into a mental health day and i have a stinking headache day ... but to all of you, have a lovely Thursday.. .

Gentle hugs, my friend. Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

tim 

take care of yourself i hope things get better.

• Like 4
On 5/22/2022 at 1:22 PM, kbois said:

You're probably done moving now but when I last moved I wrapped all the breakables in my towels and sheets.  

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hope your day improved tim 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..