The Drop in Centre

5 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

for now I need to make Mall Cookies.

Those are so good. I'm sure tim mentioned leaving them full size and then making ice cream sandwiches. 

However, you make them, they are good! 

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Those are so good. I'm sure tim mentioned leaving them full size and then making ice cream sandwiches. 

However, you make them, they are good! 

Yes, they are very, very good. Alas, I have no ice cream atm. Will buy it for next time, because you know there will be a next time. 

• Love 3
On 4/17/2023 at 11:41 AM, kbois said:

Would it do any good? Lol. 

cheeky  LOL 

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Wait what are mall cookies? 

54BE3274-1100-4C30-8991-83E0AEF88413.jpeg.dfafd9d1e3138ddf8e7faea15dd775c7.jpeg
This recipe is courtesy of tim. They are delicious! 

PS: The recipe is in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Mall Cookies 

1 1/2 c whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (i leave this out sometimes)

1/2 tsp salt 

1/2 c canola oil

2/3 c granulated sugar

2/3 c brown sugar

2 lg egg whites

1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 

1/2 c old-fashioned rolled oats

3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips or chunks (4 oz) (sometimes i leave out the choc and use raisins and/or nuts)

**As tim suggested, swap the amounts for the chips and oatmeal if you want more oatmeal and less chocolate.

1. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk together oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in large bowl. Whisk in egg whites and vanilla until smooth. Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Fold in oats and then chocolate. 

2. Cover and chill dough at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. You can freeze this too and then have fresh cookies more often... hot and yummy..oh... oh sorry!!

3. Shape dough into 16 balls (1/4 scant cup each) with hands, using a little pressure. Place 8 balls on each prepared sheet. With fingers, press each into a patty about 3" in diameter, allowing about 2" between patties for slight spreading. ***These get BIG!  I usually measure out the 1/4 cup and then cut it in half. Plus there's something more satisfying in have two cookies rather than one big one.

4. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until desired brownness (do not overbake), switching position of sheets halfway through. Let cool a few minutes before moving to rack to cool completely.

**I bake one sheet at a time for 10 minutes, and they come out perfectly.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Mall Cookies 

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt 

1/2 c canola oil

2/3 c granulated sugar

2/3 c brown sugar

2 lg egg whites

3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips or chunks (4 oz) (sometimes i leave out the choc and use raisins and/or nuts)

**As tim suggested, swap the amounts for the chips and oatmeal if you want more oatmeal and less chocolate.

1. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk together oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in large bowl. Whisk in egg whites and vanilla until smooth. Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Fold in oats and then chocolate. 

2. Cover and chill dough at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. You can freeze this too and then have fresh cookies more often... hot and yummy..oh... oh sorry!!

3. Shape dough into 16 balls (1/4 scant cup each) with hands, using a little pressure. Place 8 balls on each prepared sheet. With fingers, press each into a patty about 3" in diameter, allowing about 2" between patties for slight spreading. ***These get BIG!  I usually measure out the 1/4 cup and then cut it in half. Plus there's something more satisfying in have two cookies rather than one big one.

4. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until desired brownness (do not overbake), switching position of sheets halfway through. Let cool a few minutes before moving to rack to cool completely.

They look amazing and very yummy 😋 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Mall Cookies 

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt 

1/2 c canola oil

2/3 c granulated sugar

2/3 c brown sugar

2 lg egg whites

They look super.  They only need ice cream sandwiched in there.. But they are nice on their own for sure.  :D

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

They look super.  They only need ice cream sandwiched in there.. But they are nice on their own for sure.  :D

I’m having one with my coffee as I type this. The chill from the fridge adds the final touch to their yumminess, imo. 

Next time, I’m going to make them smaller, so I can make ice cream sandwiches. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m having one with my coffee as I type this. The chill from the fridge adds the final touch to their yumminess, imo. 

Next time, I’m going to make them smaller, so I can make ice cream sandwiches. 

Nuthin' wrong with a big, honkin' ice cream sandwich.  LOL

• Haha 4
On 4/18/2023 at 9:24 PM, Reader1810 said:

Hide contents

Mall Cookies 

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt 

1/2 c canola oil

2/3 c granulated sugar

2/3 c brown sugar

2 lg egg whites

Hmmmm.  I usually am not a fan of cookies with oatmeal but that looks intriguing.  May need to try. 

Thank you 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.03e7d4f4eb7cbb3f5d3e1a2629624ec3.png

This one hits home more than anyone will ever know. 

Things came to a head yesterday and my son took his stuff and left. It was overdue, but it still feels like my heart has been ripped to shreds. 

My love for him is still there but I need to lock it away. It hurts too much. 

Thanks for posting these. They make me see things differently, and it helps. 

• Sad 3
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

This one hits home more than anyone will ever know. 

Things came to a head yesterday and my son took his stuff and left. It was overdue, but it still feels like my heart has been ripped to shreds. 

My love for him is still there but I need to lock it away. It hurts too much. 

Thanks for posting these. They make me see things differently, and it helps. 

i'm sorry to hear this. it's so hard

these quotes arrive in my email ... often they arrive at the right time .. my FiL is being moved to another hospital today, Princess Margaret to their palliative care floor.  He won't be coming home again.   So this one has a  lot of meaning for me too.

So maybe the universe is listening.  

i'm hanging in there with you @kbois xoxo

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

these quotes arrive in my email ... often they arrive at the right time .. my FiL is being moved to another hospital today, Princess Margaret to their palliative care floor.  He won't be coming home again.   So this one has a  lot of meaning for me too.

8 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

The both of you hang in there.  As tim wrote in his story Until The End ... Time has a way of softening life’s sharp corners.

And that's the truth.

It hurts and I know more pain is to come but we cannot stop it, any more than we can stop the Earth turning. 

Talk about your pain and joy; sharing what's in your heart and mind, makes what will come easier. 

I'm hanging in there. Albeit by a thread, but still hanging. It's the best we can do at this point. Losing someone you love, no matter the circumstances is hard. 

Love and hugs to you both. 

• Love 3
On 4/21/2023 at 8:23 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Much love and wishes of peace to you and Michael as your family undertakes the end of life journey. 

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..