Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

4 hours ago, Kitt said:

Way easier said than done!

... if at first you don't succeed try, try, try again...

I have had a good day (it's 11pm at night over here). I have gone to the mountains in the east to see a friend and to pile up provisions for the winter of better quality than we could get around here. I tried to be kind but I failed at giving solace to those who grieve and try to suffer in silence. Grieving takes time and it leaves me feeling powerless. On the other hand, having power means being responsible. I am not sure which is easier  or preferable. But I take things as they are, after all, I cannot alter them... 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, mayday said:

... if at first you don't succeed try, try, try again...

I have had a good day (it's 11pm at night over here). I have gone to the mountains in the east to see a friend and to pile up provisions for the winter of better quality than we could get around here. I tried to be kind but I failed at giving solace to those who grieve and try to suffer in silence. Grieving takes time and it leaves me feeling powerless. On the other hand, having power means being responsible. I am not sure which is easier  or preferable. But I take things as they are, after all, I cannot alter them... 

Hello, my friend. How nice to see you here. Welcome.

I think you're wise to take things as they are. Worrying about the past or the future is rarely helpful, and it's a lesson I need to learn. 

I'm glad you came to visit and join us here. xo

• Love 3

2 hours ago, kbois said:

Well, we weathered that one by the skin of our teeth. 

Decided to evacuate at 10pm last night after the water in the canal we are on started rapidly rising. Our parking lot was half flooded and the one road out of our area to the main stretch was dicey. The highway was fine. Luckily the worst of the winds were past us. 

We got to my work at 1045ish. Power and wifi were working. I texted my admin to let him know I was there. He offered up the park model next to him as his neighbors said they could use it if they needed. It was hot AF for a few hours until the AC kicked in. It also had a bed, which for me was useless because I didn't sleep more than an hour. 

I checked online and three million people in Florida without power and we're one of them. I'm hoping the water recedes by this afternoon and we get power back. 

My husband was supposed to fly up to Mass yesterday and so far his flight had been pushed back twice. All his stuff is at the house. 

Anyway... I'm tired as all hell and hate being displaced. Fingers crossed we can get home this afternoon.  

I need coffee.

Glad you are safe.  Lots of rain and flash flood warning here.   

• Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 2

On 9/20/2024 at 10:54 AM, Kitt said:

Tried something new today. When making the fruit for an apple cobbler, I used dark brown sugar instead of white. Can we say caramel apple cobbler???

That sound VERY good.

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..