The Drop in Centre

14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

watching a show called longmire on netflix...  takes place in montana or somewhere.. it's pretty good.. much diff from stuff i usually get to watch ... left alone in the afternoon with netflix access.  :)   It's about this rather interesting man... who is the sheriff of a town or area, however it's done out there.  but i like it.

That is a good show. I stopped watching it, though... not sure why. Maybe I'll pick it up again.

I recently finished a mini-series called 'Night Manager', on Prime. Based on a John Le Carre novel (an author I love) starring Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie. Espionage, intrigue, suspense. I really enjoyed it.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
Just now, MacGreg said:

That is a good show. I stopped watching it, though... not sure why. Maybe I'll pick it up again.

I recently finished a mini-series called 'Night Manager', on Prime. Based on a John Le Carre novel (an author I love) starring Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie. Espionage, intrigue, suspense. I really enjoyed it.

We watched Night Manager, it was very good.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
Just now, MacGreg said:

that was a good one too Sir

was on PBS last year, it was "appointment TV" for Phil and i

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

that was a good one too Sir

was on PBS last year, it was "appointment TV" for Phil and i

Was it on PBS? That went under my radar. I usually watch Masterpiece Mysteries.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

such a good show!

started on A&E was cancelled and the outcry from fans was deafening so Netflix picked it up.

Same happened with the Expanse and SYFY. Just SYFY didn't own the show, they leased it. Even with great rating Live, OnDemand, and DVR, and they still axed the show.

It's on Amazon Prime now, for the seasons that were out. Not sure where it will be now for new episodes, though the producers were in talks with Amazon.

• Like 3

Michael will be home soon and expecting His boy to have done his chores, which he is a bit tardy doing.  And He will also want His dinner.. see you later.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Just woke up in the armchair with a cat on my chest and a cat at my feet and drool on my chin. Didn't even know I'd fallen asleep. I am pathetic when I'm sick. 

Also, snow's closing in. 

i think we can all relate to that Sir.  that's why Michael sent me to bed yesterday morning.. passing out in my chair... no cat however!  

• Like 4

Michael's folks have the cat from hell.  She hates everyone...you cannot touch her.. and she sits there staring at you like you're her next meal.  Beautiful thing, but scary.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 3
4 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Hello, DiCsters. I'm supposed to be working today, but this cold morphed into something harsher, so I'm at home, for now. Sounds like you all had pleasant holidays, glad to hear it. I'll be happier once New Year's is over. Flying out to LA to meet my niece.

Sorry you're having a difficult time. I know the Holidays are not good for everyone. That's something to look forward to meeting your niece. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

@MacGreg hope You feel better soon Sir

wouldn't work for me, my eyes would swell shut and i'd start sneezing, horribly allergic

The heart is for a thank you, not for your allergies. I'll keep the cats away from you, girl.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

This should never be a thing. Yet, sadly, every students faces lockdowns at school anymore. I went to a benefit concert a couple of months ago, not an anti-gun rally, but an anti-gun-violence rally, and there were guest speakers, Columbine survivors talking about the aftermath, kids as young as 3rd grade talking about their personal experiences, their daily fears, hiding in school closets thinking today's the day I'm going to die at the hand of a stranger, a neighbor, a peer. It's effed up in every way.

It's becoming a global problem. I teach now (as a substitute this year, but hopefully a full-time position next year) and one of the things we have to do is a monthly emergency drill. In November I got called in and we had to do a complete lockdown drill, so we went through what each of the three stages of lockdown would look like. I think the students were freaked out when they saw someone they didn't know actually walk by our classroom during the drill; the staff knew but the students weren't aware of the drill that day. Society shouldn't accept that this sort of thing becomes a normal part of a child's life.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 2
3 minutes ago, Hunter Thomson said:

It's becoming a global problem. I teach now (as a substitute this year, but hopefully a full-time position next year) and one of the things we have to do is a monthly emergency drill. In November I got called in and we had to do a complete lockdown drill, so we went through what each of the three stages of lockdown would look like. I think the students were freaked out when they saw someone they didn't know actually walk by our classroom during the drill; the staff knew but the students weren't aware of the drill that day. Society shouldn't accept that this sort of thing becomes a normal part of a child's life.

So aggravating. And arming teachers is NOT the solution! Ugh.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..