The Drop in Centre

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m really sorry to hear that, tim. I didn’t mean to rain on your parade, but I’m pretty sure I did trying to be cautious, but maybe going overboard is what I did. What you shared with us was important. 

:hug: I’ll see you when you get back, which will be when it suits you. :hug: 

Don't think it's you … he understands your position here.  You see he feels for those kids he read about, doesn't understand why people can't see that owning handguns and carrying them and automatic weapons should not be a RIGHT. That they are part of the disease, just by thinking its okay to have them as long as you don't use them … they are part of it and that it isn't okay. Again.. not talking about rifle owners here. 

And as someone who has PTSD due to what other 'human beings' did to him, he's having to make some hard choices about what he is willing to accept from people he's called friend. People who carry guns and who think it is okay.  "How can I stay friends with people like that, when I find it so abhorrent, Sir? How do I pretend it is okay, or do I follow my beliefs and tell them I can't be around them anymore?"   

That's what he is dealing with Reader … not your ending of the topic. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately not all things can be gotten past by agreeing to disagree.  Sometimes a feeling runs so deep you need to separate yourself from the source.  I don't think anyone here meant to make things difficult on tim, but sometimes it happens.  I just went back and read the article tim posted. In my attempt to play catch up I skipped over it yesterday.  I find it deeply disturbing that a child feels the need to write a will, but if that is what s/he needs to do to deal, I will hand him a pen and paper, help with spelling, and cry every step of the way.  Perhaps the seeming acceptance of the situation is because those seeming accepting have never seen violence against children first hand.  Seeing it on the evening news and standing between an abusive father and the child are totally different.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Site Moderator
20 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

That's what he is dealing with Reader … not your ending of the topic. 

Thanks for explaining things, Mike. I myself have thoughts on the subject based on too many news reports I’ve read,  but I’m not going to get into all that. Having a niece and nephew who are American does give this subject more meaning for me. 

Give tim a hug from me, will you please? 

I know you will, but look out for him, okay? 

:hug: to you, too. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Unfortunately not all things can be gotten past by agreeing to disagree.  Sometimes a feeling runs so deep you need to separate yourself from the source.  I don't think anyone here meant to make things difficult on tim, but sometimes it happens.  I just went back and read the article tim posted. In my attempt to play catch up I skipped over it yesterday.  I find it deeply disturbing that a child feels the need to write a will, but if that is what s/he needs to do to deal, I will hand him a pen and paper, help with spelling, and cry every step of the way.  Perhaps the seeming acceptance of the situation is because those seeming accepting have never seen violence against children first hand.  Seeing it on the evening news and standing between an abusive father and the child are totally different.

Frankly I wasn't aware of it either until he shared the article with me.  We have lock downs here, also, but nothing to compare to what happens each day in the USA. No child should suffer at the hands of an adult … but that is what is happening. 

tim has a choice to make, I think he's pretty well done it … the silence of the person in question was deafening to him.  Now he needs time to let go and find a way to deal with his feelings. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Thanks for explaining things, Mike. I myself have thoughts on the subject based on too many news reports I’ve read,  but I’m not going to get into all that. Having a niece and nephew who are American does give this subject more meaning for me. 

Give tim a hug from me, will you please? 

I know you will, but look out for him, okay? 

:hug: to you, too. 

Yes, you do don't you?  he loves you Reader. I will tell him. he just needs sometime to come to terms. 

• Love 4

@MichaelS36 I know tim and I talked a lot in PMs last night. I hope all is good between us.

And to state it publicly:

15 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I'll refrain from expressing my opinion, as this is not in The Pit.

I posted this because I've been slapped so many times for even mentioning something political, that I don't do it publicly, nor in The Pit. I wouldn't join that echo chamber cesspool again if you paid me. Trust me, I'd like to voice my opinion at times.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

he's upset about the discussion in here yesterday … and mainly about people that were here, and I don't believe you were, who by saying nothing, said a whole lot. the article upset him … what is happening to children upset him.  and the fact that some people here seemed okay with that really upset him.  it's got nothing to do with you personally. I think that if you saw anyone hurt a child, well I wouldn't want to be in the line of fire. I feel the same. 

However it seems that some feel differently especially when it comes to the so-called 'right to bear arms'.    So when I say don't hold your breath, I mean that don't hold your breath about tim coming back. At least not like he was. 

One thing you might mention to tim is that some of us say nothing because we feel so strongly about it, it isn't safe for us to say anything.  And that is all that I dare to say.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

One thing you might mention to tim is that some of us say nothing because we feel so strongly about it, it isn't safe for us to say anything.  And that is all that I dare to say.

i'll pass that along … but it doesn't make a lot of sense considering the First Amendment … 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

i'll pass that along … but it doesn't make a lot of sense considering the First Amendment … 

The First Amendment has nothing to do with it.  I'm not sure whether you deliberately chose to misunderstand me or not, but with that fine absurdity, I'll be leaving the DiC.

• Sad 2
20 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

The First Amendment has nothing to do with it.  I'm not sure whether you deliberately chose to misunderstand me or not, but with that fine absurdity, I'll be leaving the DiC.

No, I didn't choose to do such a thing. Why would I?  Obviously I have, however upsetting you was not my intention.  

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
32 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Misunderstandings do happen when we post back and forth rather than speaking face to face. All we can is keep the dialogue open and honest until the air is clear. 

BB, I hope hope when you say your leaving that you mean just for now and not for always. Your presence in the DiC is always appreciated

and welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

No, I didn't choose to do such a thing. Why would I?  Obviously I have, however upsetting you was not my intention.  

I’m guessing @Backwoods Boy was probably referring to forum rules regarding political discussions here on GA? At least that’s how I read it. If a person is concerned that a discussion may turn overly political, they may find I safer to hold their tongue. I could be wrong, however.

Hope you didn’t mean forever, BB. Your presence is appreciated.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

32 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Misunderstandings do happen when we post back and forth rather than speaking face to face. All we can is keep the dialogue open and honest until the air is clear. 

BB, I hope hope when you say your leaving that you mean just for now and not for always. Your presence in the DiC is always appreciated

and welcome. 

17 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I’m guessing @Backwoods Boy was probably referring to forum rules regarding political discussions here on GA? At least that’s how I read it. If a person is concerned that a discussion may turn overly political, they may find I safer to hold their tongue. I could be wrong, however.

Hope you didn’t mean forever, BB. Your presence is appreciated.

Thorn has the issue identified, in part.  It's not only the rules, it's my inclination to quickly become rabid.  As I mentioned to Mike on the side,  I am so with tim on this subject that I cry when I think about it.  I couldn't read the article without paying money, but I know what it covers.  I have severed relationships with numerous relatives, friends, businesses, and organizations over it.  I am so strongly concerned about gun violence, especially in schools, that If I had joined the conversation, I would have been kicked off GA for sure.  I've said this much to make myself clear, but like tim, I need a break.  I'll be back another day.  Thanks for your understanding.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Thorn has the issue identified, in part.  It's not only the rules, it's my inclination to quickly become rabid.  As I mentioned to Mike on the side,  I am so with tim on this subject that I cry when I think about it.  I couldn't read the article without paying money, but I know what it covers.  I have severed relationships with numerous relatives, friends, businesses, and organizations over it.  I am so strongly concerned about gun violence, especially in schools, that If I had joined the conversation, I would have been kicked off GA for sure.  I've said this much to make myself clear, but like tim, I need a break.  I'll be back another day.  Thanks for your understanding.

Breaks are good. Take care, my friend. Be kind to yourself. :hug: 

• Like 2

I went to pick up Lovelace's urn at the vet today. It's very pretty, white with a gold rose on it. It's also biodegradable, so once the ground thaws we're gonna have a kitty burial in my mum's garden.

I got this tote bag for free, though, and I'm not entirely sure what to make of it...

IMG_1650.jpg.3e2a1b6d29e6f1a6a3a477268e31f20e.jpg

Buy an urn for your dead cat, get one tote bag for free! Live well! Oh well, guess we have to laugh at this stuff...

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..