The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
31 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Yeah, P.I.T.A., S.N.A.F.U., and F.U.B.A.R. are all terms I've heard growing up. I can't take credit for it. 🙂 

I’ve heard of  S.N.A.F.U., and F.U.B.A.R, but this is a first for  P.I.T.A.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Yeah, P.I.T.A., S.N.A.F.U., and F.U.B.A.R. are all terms I've heard growing up. I can't take credit for it. 🙂 

I figured out P.I.T.A., and already knew F.U.B.A.R. I've heard S.N.A.F.U., but didn't know it stood for something. What does it stand for?

(Yes, I said I was going to sleep. I am in bed, I promise.)

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Situation Normal All Fucked Up.

Thanks, I’m not sure I knew what the individual letters meant, but I did kind of understand what they meant. I think though, I thought  - you know, in my younger days :P - snafu was actually a word and not an anagram. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Thanks, I’m not sure I knew what the individual letters meant, but I did kind of understand what they meant. I think though, I thought  - you know, in my younger days :P - snafu was actually a word and not an anagram. 

I've also heard Snafu and Fubar mixed... SNAFUBAR, this one by my Scoutmaster who was a Major in the in Air Force Central Command, here at MacDill.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good day, i was able to accomplish a lot at work, but it went a bit pear shaped afterwards

i picked up Phil and the boys

then Phil and i took Number Two to the phone store for his Christmas gift, and came out to the car to find a dead battery

the auto parts store was right across the street, so Number One and Phil took the battery across the street to replace it

after they reinstalled it, we picked up Daughter and Number One bought everyone dinner

home  now, but a bit wore out

so i'm going to say good night, i'll see you tomorrow

@MacGreg feel better Sir  @MichaelS36 good to see you Sir

@Hunter Thomson good to see you! 

Good to be backish! Nice to see you @mollyhousemouse

• Like 2
5 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Just woke up in the armchair with a cat on my chest and a cat at my feet and drool on my chin. Didn't even know I'd fallen asleep. I am pathetic when I'm sick. 

Also, snow's closing in. 

Hope it wasn't cat drool.

• Like 2

i'll be away for a bit ... those who know my email are welcome to use it.. or hangouts if were on it.

but today upset me .. and frankly i dont want to be here, not right now.

• Love 1
  • Sad 4
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'll be away for a bit ... those who know my email are welcome to use it.. or hangouts if were on it.

Take some time, Bro. We'll be here when you get back.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I'm sorry to hear that, tim. Take all the time you need. :hug: 

• Like 3

Morning peeps.  

@MichaelS36 if you come in, please pass a huge hug and message on to tim for me.

i dont want to be here, not right now.

Just remember we love you and will be here when you are ready to come back.

• Like 3

Love you little brother.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Well if it is something I said, I am sincerely sorry.  If that is the case, please let me know in a pm.

he's upset about the discussion in here yesterday … and mainly about people that were here, and I don't believe you were, who by saying nothing, said a whole lot. the article upset him … what is happening to children upset him.  and the fact that some people here seemed okay with that really upset him.  it's got nothing to do with you personally. I think that if you saw anyone hurt a child, well I wouldn't want to be in the line of fire. I feel the same. 

However it seems that some feel differently especially when it comes to the so-called 'right to bear arms'.    So when I say don't hold your breath, I mean that don't hold your breath about tim coming back. At least not like he was. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
18 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I think that if you saw anyone hurt a child, well I wouldn't want to be in the line of fire. I feel the same. 

You are spot on with that belief Mike.  I used to run a sight for a before and after school program (about 12 years) and the day a girl came in with a broken collar bone provided by her father was rough. Was even rougher when he showed up in the evening demanding I release the girl to him in spite of the TRO provided by her mother.

Was a rather tense afternoon as my baseball bat (closest I could come to any sort of defensive weapon) and I kept him in the hall outside the classroom till the police arrived. The janitor came running to help, but he was half my size, and dad was similar in build to how tim describes you. To this day we still have not figured out how he opened so many locked classroom doors!

If it would help you can tell him that while my household does own guns ( we are avid hunters and shoot competition trap) we also believe in gun control, background checks, including psyche tests, and the like.

Edited by Kitt
lousy spelling
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

he's upset about the discussion in here yesterday … and mainly about people that were here, and I don't believe you were, who by saying nothing, said a whole lot. the article upset him … what is happening to children upset him.  and the fact that some people here seemed okay with that really upset him.  it's got nothing to do with you personally. I think that if you saw anyone hurt a child, well I wouldn't want to be in the line of fire. I feel the same. 

However it seems that some feel differently especially when it comes to the so-called 'right to bear arms'.    So when I say don't hold your breath, I mean that don't hold your breath about tim coming back. At least not like he was. 

I'm so sorry to hear that. I understand how he feels; how anyone can still be against gun control when children are being murdered is beyond my comprehension, and it's something I've lost a lot of friends over. It's awful if this place, that's meant to be tim's place and a safe place, has become toxic for him. I really hope he does come back and that he can bounce back from this. I've grown to really care about him in the time I've spent here and he's made me feel so welcome. He's a wonderful human being. Please pass that on to him, if you think he'll want to hear it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It's not that kind of thing that bothers him … children in lock down, writing wills at 5 and 10 years old bothers him.  the reason for the lock down?  Well, if we keep discussing it we'll all be in trouble. He's hurting right now. I'm just here … well it's what I do. 

• Sad 4
2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I understand how he feels; how anyone can still be against gun control when children are being murdered is beyond my comprehension, and it's something I've lost a lot of friends over. It's awful if this place, that's meant to be tim's place and a safe place, has become toxic for him. I really hope he does come back and that he can bounce back from this. I've grown to really care about him in the time I've spent here and he's made me feel so welcome. He's a wonderful human being. Please pass that on to him, if you think he'll want to hear it. 

I'm sure he will. I'll tell him. I know he thinks a lot of you also. He needs some time away to think. 

And I would like to say, thank you for saying this and being here for him. I appreciate that.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
Just now, MichaelS36 said:

I'm sure he will. I'll tell him. I know he thinks a lot of you also. He needs some time away to think. 

And I would like to say, thank you for saying this and being here for him. I appreciate that.  

It's the least I can do. If he'd like to talk at some point, I'd be happy to provide my e-mail address. Just PM me in that case. ❤️ 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

It's the least I can do. If he'd like to talk at some point, I'd be happy to provide my e-mail address. Just PM me in that case. ❤️ 

Thank you. I'll let him know. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
8 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I’m really sorry to hear that, tim. I didn’t mean to rain on your parade, but I’m pretty sure I did trying to be cautious, but maybe going overboard is what I did. What you shared with us was important. 

:hug: I’ll see you when you get back, which will be when it suits you. :hug: 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..