The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator

Good night everyone....

Went for a walk earlier and now my right shin is trying to murder me, so I’m going to make it an early night. It just laughed at the drugs I threw its way. *sigh* 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good night everyone....

Went for a walk earlier and now my right shin is trying to murder me, so I’m going to make it an early night. It just laughed at the drugs I threw its way. *sigh* 

Good night, Reader! Sleep well! :hug: 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I went to pick up Lovelace's urn at the vet today. It's very pretty, white with a gold rose on it. It's also biodegradable, so once the ground thaws we're gonna have a kitty burial in my mum's garden.

I got this tote bag for free, though, and I'm not entirely sure what to make of it...

IMG_1650.jpg.3e2a1b6d29e6f1a6a3a477268e31f20e.jpg

Buy an urn for your dead cat, get one tote bag for free! Live well! Oh well, guess we have to laugh at this stuff...

our little dog is in a tiny blue urn... it has a ribbon with a heart and his name: Ripley... he sits on the shelf beside my mum's  ... my father never did anything with her ashes ... god i hate that man ...

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

so our microwave died today ... it's about 15 years old. So we'll go and buy a nice new one tomorrow.  LG makes one about the same size as our current one and it's nice and shiny. Always important in a microwave i think.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Thorn, dont you ever sleep???

Nope. :D No, I do. Only my brain just thinks I'm on EST, apparently...

10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

our little dog is in a tiny blue urn... it has a ribbon with a heart and his name: Ripley... he sits on the shelf beside my mum's  ... my father never did anything with her ashes ... god i hate that man ...

Sounds rough. :hug: It's nice to see you, tim. In the proverbial sense. :heart: 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

so our microwave died today ... it's about 15 years old. So we'll go and buy a nice new one tomorrow.  LG makes one about the same size as our current one and it's nice and shiny. Always important in a microwave i think.

Shiny is definitely important, in all appliances. :yes:

• Like 2
Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Nope. :D No, I do. Only my brain just thinks I'm on EST, apparently...

Sounds rough. :hug: It's nice to see you, tim. In the proverbial sense. :heart: 

Her urn is very nice actually.. a rectangular shaped granite box with 3 gold wheat stalks on it ... it doesnt bother me .. kind of a comfort having them both here.  But that was my father.. never finish the job.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I went to pick up Lovelace's urn at the vet today. It's very pretty, white with a gold rose on it. It's also biodegradable, so once the ground thaws we're gonna have a kitty burial in my mum's garden.

23 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

After my mom went into the Rehab Center, she sent me to her old apartment to get my dad's urns. She didn't want my sister to get her hands on them. Yes, he's in two urns, a big one and a small one. Both he and mom discussed it, and they are both getting two. After mom passes, the big urns will be inturned at Bushnell National Cemetery here in FL, and the small ones go up to TN to be put in with my Great-Grandmother's.

• Love 3
Just now, BHopper2 said:

After my mom went into the Rehab Center, she sent me to her old apartment to get my dad's urns. She didn't want my sister to get her hands on them. Yes, he's in two urns, a big one and a small one. Both he and mom discussed it, and they are both getting two. After mom passes, the big urns will be inturned at Bushnell National Cemetery here in FL, and the small ones go up to TN to be put in with my Great-Grandmother's.

that's a nice idea A

• Love 1

that's a nice idea A

Yeah. Mom and dad planned it all before he turned for the worse with his cancer. She already has her funeral, cremation, and urns all fully paid for.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Her urn is very nice actually.. a rectangular shaped granite box with 3 gold wheat stalks on it ... it doesnt bother me .. kind of a comfort having them both here.  But that was my father.. never finish the job.

Yeah, mine wasn't great at finishing things either. And also kind of a douche, as I've learned nearly 20 years after his death... That's dads for you, I guess.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Yeah, mine wasn't great at finishing things either. And also kind of a douche, as I've learned nearly 20 years after his death... That's dads for you, I guess.

not all of them ... but we seem to have our fair share here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Yeah, mine wasn't great at finishing things either. And also kind of a douche, as I've learned nearly 20 years after his death... That's dads for you, I guess

Mine started off as a douche and got better once he sought treatment.

• Love 2

i'm glad he did... thats a good thing xoxo

Same here. When he passed, we were in a much better place than when I was a kid. It wasn't until after he passed, I found out he stood up to his homophobic family, and cut ties with most of them.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Same here. When he passed, we were in a much better place than when I was a kid. It wasn't until after he passed, I found out he stood up to his homophobic family, and cut ties with most of them.

sorry had to write an email.  shame you had to hear that after he passed away.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Mine started off as a douche and got better once he sought treatment.

Mine never got the chance to be better, really. He was on his way, though. He was in therapy, this support group thing for domestic abusers... He never hurt me, but my mum... Anyway. I didn't know anything about this until a couple of years ago when I outright asked when Mum and I were talking about other things. I knew he had a temper. I didn't know he was physically violent. Then I found out that when my parents broke up (they were never married, just cohabiting), he didn't want to pay child support or give us any money to start over, despite the fact that she had put a lot of money into the family even if he owned everything, and that she was on a teacher's salary while he was a highly paid IT guy. My mum sought legal advice and found out what she and I were owed. Managed to convince him to pay some child support and give us enough money for collateral on a flat. It was less than we were owed, but it was something. Kind of soured my memories of him, but I'm glad I know.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

sorry had to write an email.  shame you had to hear that after he passed away.

I just finished one as well. LOL. ... True. There was a lot I learned after the fact, that mom and dad didn't talk about.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Mine never got the chance to be better, really. He was on his way, though. He was in therapy, this support group thing for domestic abusers... He never hurt me, but my mum... Anyway. I didn't know anything about this until a couple of years ago when I outright asked when Mum and I were talking about other things. I knew he had a temper. I didn't know he was physically violent. Then I found out that when my parents broke up (they were never married, just cohabiting), he didn't want to pay child support or give us any money to start over, despite the fact that she had put a lot of money into the family even if he owned everything, and that she was on a teacher's salary while he was a highly paid IT guy. My mum sought legal advice and found out what she and I were owed. Managed to convince him to pay some child support and give us enough money for collateral on a flat. It was less than we were owed, but it was something. Kind of soured my memories of him, but I'm glad I know.

oh man .. thats rough .. my father was a bully.. he never hit my mother... he hit me.. i was never tough enough, strong enough, manly enough for him. My brother played hockey and didn't cry... so that was all good.  Then after mum died, and i stupidly said i thought i was bi (thought that was in someway better than gay) he packed a bag and thru me out. I was 15.  Then i met Jeff and i lived with him for 7 years ... that's a whole other story. He sold me, beat me, and loved me... his life was much worse than mine .. i dont hate him... he did the best he could with the tools he had. but i lived through it. i can pretty well live thru anything.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh man .. thats rough .. my father was a bully.. he never hit my mother... he hit me.. i was never tough enough, strong enough, manly enough for him. My brother played hockey and didn't cry... so that was all good.  Then after mum died, and i stupidly said i thought i was bi (thought that was in someway better than gay) he packed a bag and thru me out. I was 15.  Then i met Jeff and i lived with him for 7 years ... that's a whole other story. He sold me, beat me, and loved me... his life was much worse than mine .. i dont hate him... he did the best he could with the tools he had. but i lived through it. i can pretty well live thru anything.

I think you're one of the strongest people I know, tim. I hope you realise how much I respect and appreciate you.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

The angry react, is for the shit he put you through.

• Love 2
Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

I think you're one of the strongest people I know, tim. I hope you realise how much I respect and appreciate you.

Yes, he is. tim is a lot stronger than I have ever been.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Yes, he is. tim is a lot stronger than I have ever been.

Don't sell yourself short. We all have our own strength. :hug: 

I'm gonna try and assume a horizontal position and make things dark and hopefully do that sleeping thing all the kids rave about these days. Goodnight, DiC! Glad you're here, @Mikiesboy. Missed you today. :hug: 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..