The Drop in Centre

9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We had nachos part II.  In addition to granola.. i put a small outside round roast in the instant pot. That's for tomorrow's dinner.. but wow is it tender.. i love that thing.

Ooh, yum... 

We had a dish called pytt i panna today. It's diced meat, potato, and onion fried up in a pan. Leftover foods. Served with sunny side up eggs and, traditionally, pickled beets, though we didn't have any so we had lingonberry jam with it instead. It was yummy.

• Like 2
Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Ooh, yum... 

We had a dish called pytt i panna today. It's diced meat, potato, and onion fried up in a pan. Leftover foods. Served with sunny side up eggs and, traditionally, pickled beets, though we didn't have any so we had lingonberry jam with it instead. It was yummy.

sounds nice ... Michael would like that.. like hash .. and the jam is great...i'd eat that.. no difference from cranberry sauce because it's sweet.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

Don't worry, boy. I had breakfast.

I'm glad Sir.  we usually just have breakfast and dinner on the weekend because we a little later. 

• Like 3
Just now, Wayne Gray said:

Shephard's Pie for us.  Simple, good, easy.

Thinking about an Instant Pot myself.

My grandparents were English on my mum's side.. i have my grandmother's recipe and we love it.  Nice to see you Wayne.   i will not talk about the instant pot... but i did write a blog about it..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

sounds nice ... Michael would like that.. like hash .. and the jam is great...i'd eat that.. no difference from cranberry sauce because it's sweet.

It's yummy. A tiny bit tangier than cranberry sauce, I think... Though maybe that's just the way I cook it, I prefer less sugar. The IKEA stuff is a lot sweeter than what I make myself. EDIT: If you ever have leftovers from a roast or something, pytt is like the easiest thing ever to make. We always have it around Christmas, with the leftover ham.

16 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Lots of food talk in here today. Inspires me to eat something.

Eating is important. :yes: 

9 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Shephard's Pie for us.  Simple, good, easy.

Thinking about an Instant Pot myself.

I love shepherd's pie! Make it quite often myself. 'tis yummy. Also: Hi, Wayne! Welcome to the DiC! :hug: 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

It's yummy. A tiny bit tangier than cranberry sauce, I think... Though maybe that's just the way I cook it, I prefer less sugar. The IKEA stuff is a lot sweeter than what I make myself. EDIT: If you ever have leftovers from a roast or something, pytt is like the easiest thing ever to make. We always have it around Christmas, with the leftover ham.

Eating is important. :yes: 

I love shepherd's pie! Make it quite often myself. 'tis yummy. Also: Hi, Wayne! Welcome to the DiC! :hug: 

i make my own cranberry sauce.. so its not too sweet but the canned stuff is like jam.  yuck

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i make my own cranberry sauce.. so its not too sweet but the canned stuff is like jam.  yuck

Never had fresh cranberry sauce, always had the canned Ocean Spray stuff. I once said, "It's not Christmas till you hear the Cranberry Sauce slurp out of the can."

• Haha 2
  • Wow 2
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Never had fresh cranberry sauce, always had the canned Ocean Spray stuff. I once said, "It's not Christmas till you hear the Cranberry Sauce slurp out of the can."

dear lord.. buy some fresh ones.. make your own..

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's pretty easy and rewarding.  Follow this advice, impress guests.  They never need to know how easy it was.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I want to, I need to, but like most everything around this place, I'll be eating it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm the only one here that likes cranberries.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

I want to, I need to, but like most everything around this place, I'll be eating it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm the only one here that likes cranberries.

Freeze part of it .. or make a 1/2 batch and then some lemon cranberry muffins

And what is wrong with it for breakfast.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..