The Drop in Centre

One of the beauties of having a Prime Membership, I've discovered, is the Prime Music access. Free streaming music and all I have to say is "Alexa play some 80's music."

Also, Billy Joel was very underrated.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Headed to a friend's 50th birthday surprise party tonight. I will do my best to scare the shit out of him. 

Turning 50 isn't scary enough?

Good morning everyone

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Morning, DiC. :hug: Happy Saturday!

Movers will be here in a couple of hours, I think. Can’t wait to get all this shit out of the way... Also, my (former) flatmate packed my tuna, lol! Four tins. They’re somewhere in a moving box... She’s gonna return them tonight, when she comes to tidy up after herself, cause figuring out which one is it will be a bit difficult. 

• Wow 3

chockablock Audio pronunciation

adjective | CHAH-kuh-blahk  

Definition

:
brought close together

:
very full

Chockablock started out as a nautical term. A block is a metal or wooden case with one or more pulleys inside. Sometimes, two or more blocks are used as part of a rope and pulley system called a "block and tackle" to provide a mechanical advantage—as, for example, when hoisting a sail on a traditional sailing ship. When the rope is pulled as far as it will go, the blocks are tight together and are said to be chockablock. Non-nautical types associated the chock in chockablock with chock-full, which goes back to Middle English chokkefull, meaning "full to the limit" (a figurative use of "full to choking"). We thus gave chockablock the additional meaning "filled up." Chockablock can also be an adverb meaning "as close or as completely as possible," as in "families living chockablock" or the seemingly redundant "chockablock full."

• Like 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Here is a very interesting article...great for those among us who are supervisors/managers .. The Feedback Fallacy

Great article. Some sound ideas that can be practiced in our out of the workplace.

"If we continue to spend our time identifying failure as we see it and giving people feedback about how to avoid it, we’ll languish in the business of adequacy."

Thanks for sharing it, tim. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Great article. Some sound ideas that can be practiced in our out of the workplace.

"If we continue to spend our time identifying failure as we see it and giving people feedback about how to avoid it, we’ll languish in the business of adequacy."

Thanks for sharing it, tim. 

yes, Sir ... not just for work...

• Like 5

Morning everyone.

Great article this morning, my Brother, and another excellent chapter.

Now to do some schoolwork, work on TC4, and I have four chapters to Beta Read for BB.

Have I mentioned yet, this class is a metric shyteton easier than my last class? BB asked me yesterday, how I did in my last class. I ended up with a B+ in the class, but at one time, I thought I would be lucky enough to get a D or C in the class. The main reason was how they were transferring the test scores into points for the week. So I ended up with a B in the course with a final total score of 89.85. Just .15 away from an A- in the course.

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Morning everyone.

Now to do some schoolwork, work on TC4, and I have four chapters to Beta Read for BB.

Have I mentioned yet, this class is a metric shyteton easier than my last class? BB asked me yesterday, how I did in my last class. I ended up with a B+ in the class, but at one time, I thought I would be lucky enough to get a D or C in the class. The main reason was how they were transferring the test scores into points for the week. So I ended up with a B in the course with a final total score of 89.85. Just .15 away from an A- in the course.

Thank you.  and what Kitt said above is right ... it's good to work hard, try our best but we are not gonna get A's every time. You did great.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Morning everyone.

Wow, you're doing really well! Not that I'm surprised. You're smart and a hard worker. Hope you're giving yourself a little room to breathe, though. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Just remember straight a's and a 4.0 is nice but not necessary.  Once you have the degree no one looks at your scores, just that you have the paper.  C's get degrees. Not to say you should not strive for the best grades you can attain, but there is NO SHAME in a B!

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thank you.  and what Kitt said above is right ... it's good to work hard, try our best but we are not gonna get A's every time. You did great.

Thanks, you two. That little mantra of "C's get degrees," is what pulled me through that class. I explained it to BB, and I think tim as well, the 3rd party program was confusing A.F. On the final weekly tests there was 25 questions, multiple choice, and 2 chances per question. The system knew if you flipped tabs to something else and there was a time limit on each question to see if you were cheating.

With that in mind, there were several questions each week that the answers were not in the subject material. Unless you had Googled beforehand, or had a money manager background, you wouldn't know the answers. For example, one question was "What is a Coverdell Savings Plan?" Coverdell was never covered in the required nor the recommend assignments. (It turns out its a specific type of Education Savings Account, that parents can set up for their kids to go to college on.) There were others along those lines, but that one stands out the most for me.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
4 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Wow, you're doing really well! Not that I'm surprised. You're smart and a hard worker. Hope you're giving yourself a little room to breathe, though. :) 

Thanks, Thorn. Yeah, I am now. But last week I was freaking out.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

Morning everyone.

You did great, especially considering the subject matter! I always stressed about the A's, too, but I can attest that now, since I've graduated and classwork is behind me, those points of aggravation don't matter. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

You did great, especially considering the subject matter! I always stressed about the A's, too, but I can attest that now, since I've graduated and classwork is behind me, those points of aggravation don't matter. 

Thanks, Mac. I do stress a lot. I think it comes from High School and the first round of college. I did good in HS but it was a struggle. College 1.0 was a travesty. Too much dicking around, and the format was just as bad as HS. This format of one class at a time is perfect for me.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

It’s so nice and sunny outside it’s hard to believe there’s an alert for a windstorm tomorrow. 

Did you see this @Mikiesboy

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on61

and this

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/severe-weather-outlook/ontario/toronto

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

It’s so nice and sunny outside it’s hard to believe there’s an alert for a windstorm tomorrow. 

Did you see this @Mikiesboy

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on61

yes i saw .. i hope it doesn't start in the morning...

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..