The Drop in Centre

3 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Thanks, Mac. I do stress a lot. I think it comes from High School and the first round of college. I did good in HS but it was a struggle. College 1.0 was a travesty. Too much dicking around, and the format was just as bad as HS. This format of one class at a time is perfect for me.

It's good you found a program that is working for you.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

We enjoy it with plain 2% yogurt. Sometimes with some unsweetened canned peaches. Or even just on its own.

Currently, my snack of choice is granola (store bought, of course, but maybe not for long...) with vanilla greek yogurt (since you got me started on the greek stuff, I haven’t touched non-greek, and can’t even recall the last time I had non-greek yogurt) and if I’m feeling the need for something sweet, I top that mixture with a small handful of semisweet chocolate chips. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Currently, my snack of choice is granola (store bought, of course, but maybe not for long...) with vanilla greek yogurt (since you got me started on the greek stuff, I haven’t touched non-greek, and can’t even recall the last time I had non-greek yogurt) and if I’m feeling the need for something sweet, I top that mixture with a small handful of semisweet chocolate chips. 

this is sweet enough for us but last night i added a teaspoon of maple syrup.  We buy 2% regular yogurt ... if you rather have greek.. go for it :D 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

this is sweet enough for us but last night i added a teaspoon of maple syrup.  We buy 2% regular yogurt ... if you rather have greek.. go for it :D 

I :wub: chocolate... 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Greek yoghurt is amazing. I should buy it more often, but the lactose free kind is expensive... :( 

• Like 4
Just now, Reader1810 said:

I :wub: chocolate... 

i once went to the bulk store and bought mini m &m's  and added a few of them.. we have to be careful, but a few was a nice treat

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Greek yoghurt is amazing. I should buy it more often, but the lactose free kind is expensive... :( 

I don’t think I’ve seen lactose free being sold where I shop. Will have to look for it. Mind you, I’m lucky in that lactose doesn’t bother me in the slightest. 

• Like 4
Just now, Reader1810 said:

I don’t think I’ve seen lactose free being sold where I shop. Will have to look for it. Mind you, I’m lucky in that lactose doesn’t bother me in the slightest. 

Us either...

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i once went to the bulk store and bought mini m &m's  and added a few of them.. we have to be careful, but a few was a nice treat

Hmm, don’t think I’ve seen these either, and it looks as if the bulk store is not returning to the renovated (mostly, anyway) Sheppard Centre, so there’s none near enough for me to shop at. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Hmm, don’t think I’ve seen these either, and it looks as if the bulk store is not returning to the renovated (mostly, anyway) Sheppard Centre, so there’s none near enough for me to shop at. 

i think you can buy them in packages in the choc. chip section of the store.  Someone cannot keep from eating certain things if they are lying around. So i like the bulk store so i can buy smaller amounts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
31 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i think you can buy them in packages in the choc. chip section of the store.  Someone cannot keep from eating certain things if they are lying around. So i like the bulk store so i can buy smaller amounts.

I lied. they’re are two that are accessible (on a sunny day when I’m looking for a change of pace in my walking route)

Eglington and Laird (my brother lived there the first year he married, so I know it’s a nice walk from Yonge and Eg.

Dufferin and Steeles - been to the Home Depot out that way, so by subway and bus it’s doable (also another nice place to walk, too) 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Try the key lime greek yogurt with crushed grahm crackers!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I've been lactose intolerant since my late teens. Runs in my family. Mind you, about 80% of the world's population are lactose intolerant. You guys are the mutants, not me, lol! Took a while to get lactose free products here, but now we have milk, cream, sour cream, creme fraiche, a few different kinds of yoghurts, and they keep making more as demand goes up. The lactose free options are more expensive, though. Like lactose free milk is more than twice the price as regular, but it is what it is.

3 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Try the key lime greek yogurt with crushed grahm crackers!!!!!

OMG, that sounds amazing! :heart: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
19 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Just remembered Loblaws has a lot of bulk bins, I should check them out because I need almonds...

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends

leaving with Number Two for a competition, not sure if i'll be popping in later or not

have a good rest of your day!

Best of luck to Number Two and the competition.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends

leaving with Number Two for a competition, not sure if i'll be popping in later or not

have a good rest of your day!

:)  have fun molly and number2, too!!

• Like 2

We had nachos part II.  In addition to granola.. i put a small outside round roast in the instant pot. That's for tomorrow's dinner.. but wow is it tender.. i love that thing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..