The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yikes .. rain or snow is due soon. Currently it is -1 c. 

I got back from my walk about 2:30ish. Just standing there taking in the fresh air, I saw them. They were sporadic and tiny (what you’d expect from a sneak attack <_<) but, yes, it was definitely snowing. 

• Wow 4
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I'm so very very glad it's the end of my work week. 

Hi all.  Happy Friday.  Its so cold here.  Dropping down to 29F tonight, Google says that is like -1C

Too cold for MAY is all I know.  

Hi Starry

Its 34 here but feels like 23 so says the Weather Network. Definitely too cold for May. 

Edit: Just checked the outside thermometer reading. It is 34F.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4

Got good news from Mom, tonight. Lily is recovering, and the 17 that they isolated are doing well. She doesn't know if they are positive or not, but they are still on isolation. National Guard has been in, cleaning has been done, and other precautions are in effect.

Keeping the good thoughts going.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I'm so very very glad it's the end of my work week. 

Hi all.  Happy Friday.  Its so cold here.  Dropping down to 29F tonight, Google says that is like -1C

Too cold for MAY is all I know.  

Only hitting about 40F here, but that's still a record for May -- this after being 15F above normal not too many days ago.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Brayon said:

Got good news from Mom, tonight. Lily is recovering, and the 17 that they isolated are doing well. She doesn't know if they are positive or not, but they are still on isolation. National Guard has been in, cleaning has been done, and other precautions are in effect.

that's great news...

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Brayon said:

Great news on your Mom

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Currently snowing, blowing.. white out conditions.  Happy Spring!

tim 

i think 2020 is a year that none of us will forget. 
as my Grandmother told us when she was going thru a rough patch ...”this to will past” .. so take care everyone and stay safe.

• Like 3

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC

just wanted to stop in and say good morning. With a morning like today it’s nice to work from home. So on a break and thought i would drop in.

So how are things with you?

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Currently snowing, blowing.. white out conditions.  Happy Spring!

I think it was hailing at one point as well do to the size and shape of the “snowflakes”.  It’s still windy, but the snow should be done now. And, oh look, the sun is out. 

• Like 2
Just now, Reader1810 said:

I think it was hailing at one point as well do to the size and shape of the “snowflakes”.  It’s still windy, but the snow should be done now. And, oh look, the sun is out. 

It's been snowing and then sunny all morning .. hopefully it will settle down soon. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

It's been snowing and then sunny all morning .. hopefully it will settle down soon. 

It just snowed a minute ago, but very lightly, so I’m hopeful it’s going to settle down soon. 

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Soon enough we'll be complaining about humidity, 40C+ temps.

Yeah, we've already hit our summer stride down here.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
21 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

For the Canadians … we will have to start wearing masks eventually... ordered from here.. buy one, they give one to the food banks to share. Good deal: 

https://canadastrongmasks.ca/

Thanks, Mike. Ordered a couple for myself and will show the site to my mom. She ordered two - from different sites - and the one that has come so far (an Etsy crafter) is pretty awful as it doesn’t seem like the wearer would be able to breathe properly with it on.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Thanks, Mike. Ordered a couple for myself and will show the site to my mom. She ordered two - from different sites - and the one that has come so far (an Etsy crafter) is pretty awful as it doesn’t seem like the wearer would be able to breathe properly with it on.

These seem to be made by people who know what they are doing, with family members in medicine. I liked that and the charity option. They look well made.  I've seen all the make your own, one made from lined paper, paper towel and tin foil (to fit it, not breath thru) that was interesting and likely great for an hour. 

This isn't going away any time soon. Buy decent so it fits well. I hope you and your mom find them worthwhile. LOL, us too for that matter. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

These seem to be made by people who know what they are doing, with family members in medicine. I liked that and the charity option. They look well made.  I've seen all the make your own, one made from lined paper, paper towel and tin foil (to fit it, not breath thru) that was interesting and likely great for an hour. 

This isn't going away any time soon. Buy decent so it fits well. I hope you and your mom find them worthwhile. LOL, us too for that matter. 

From what I’ve seen available online, these do look really well designed with quality material. The charity option is a definite bonus. 

Yes, for you and tim as well. I like that they are washable, and can be used with or without the filter.  My mom hasn’t been going out, but I have done grocery runs right after senior’s hour when it’s quieter, cleaner, and quicker to get through the store.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
26 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

From what I’ve seen available online, these do look really well designed with quality material. The charity option is a definite bonus. 

Yes, for you and tim as well. I like that they are washable, and can be used with or without the filter.  My mom hasn’t been going out, but I have done grocery runs right after senior’s hour when it’s quieter, cleaner, and quicker to get through the store.

Likely for the best for your mom to stay in. It's hard however, unless you get out for a bit each day. We try and go for a walk each day. 

I've been impressed with Metro … they bring in the grocery carts and sanitize them. Signs telling you not use the carts outside. They seem on top of things. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I've been impressed with Metro … they bring in the grocery carts and sanitize them. Signs telling you not use the carts outside. They seem on top of things. 

It’s the same here, which is really nice to see. I didn’t have enough to take the cart to the parking lot, so I turned in my cart inside the store. They have someone standing by to sanitize it immediately so it can go back into circulation. 

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Brayon said:

oh A! that is such good news!

7 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

For the Canadians … we will have to start wearing masks eventually... ordered from here.. buy one, they give one to the food banks to share. Good deal: 

https://canadastrongmasks.ca/

i love that "pay it forward, give back" feature, Sir
our masks were made by a retired nurse. they are two layers and washable

well it was a better day here, and now it's time to wind down
rest well tonight Sirs and friends
hope to see you all tomorrow

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..