The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
:o Also from the Weather Network

Frost Alert

Issued at 10:47 Sunday 10 May 2020

Near zero temperatures are expected to result in frost or freeze conditions overnight into Monday morning.
Along with these frost or freeze conditions several centimetres of snow are possible tonight into Monday morning.
Near freezing temperatures overnight are expected to persist for much of the week as a cold air mass has settled into the area.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
5 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Happy Monday, hope it's going to be a manageable week for everyone. @mollyhousemouse and other mothers here, happy belated mothers day.

So tired of yahoos like this in my state. I know it's rampant across the country. Why should Colorado be any different? Darwinism and selfishness.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/10/castle-rock-cc-coffee-reopens-coronavirus/

Wow ... not sure what people are not understanding. While you may get sick.. its the poor health care people who pay the big price. If i was a doc/nurse this would make me cry.

• Like 5

Most of the time i don't know the answer to either of those questions.  But stepping outside is a good idea.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Most of the time i don't know the answer to either of those questions.  But stepping outside is a good idea.

We start relaxing our restrictions tomorrow in the UK - probably far to early. But we can go out for unlimited exercise from tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
59 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

We start relaxing our restrictions tomorrow in the UK - probably far to early. But we can go out for unlimited exercise from tomorrow.

We’ve been doing that here and with the social distancing it’s working really well. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

the going outside is keeping me together at this time. the thing i miss the most is human touch shaking hands, holding the one you care about. Social Distance i understand but i feel like i’m prison. so taking this like everyone 1 day at time. 

so stay safe everyone 

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

We’ve been doing that here and with the social distancing it’s working really well. 

Yeah, there meant to social distance but alot of people don't listen, but they have increased the fines so they might listen now. So we'll have to wait and see what happens. Hopefully it will work out OK. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

49F here and raining, and won't even reach 60F for the high -- our normal low is higher than that this time of year -- and raining. Cold damp isn't doing well for the joints. :(

Haven’t been outside as yet, but it’s sunny here. I’d send it to you if I could. Take care, and I wish a better day for you tomorrow, Fae. 

• Like 2

today was very productive!
i put my emails and messenger to "Do Not Disturb," plugged in my ear buds and pounded out emails, and updated project notes
tomorrow will be long, starting with a visit to Phil's ophthalmologist
so, goodnight Sirs
goodnight friends
rest well tonight

• Like 3
9 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

today was very productive!
i put my emails and messenger to "Do Not Disturb," plugged in my ear buds and pounded out emails, and updated project notes
tomorrow will be long, starting with a visit to Phil's ophthalmologist
so, goodnight Sirs
goodnight friends
rest well tonight

hope all goes well at the eye doctor today.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

After a fun afternoon yesterday and part of this morning trying to get my work laptop working ... it is finally. And so am i.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

After a fun afternoon yesterday and part of this morning trying to get my work laptop working ... it is finally. And so am i.

Sorry to hear that, tim. Take time for yourself and go for a walk with Mike. I heard High Park is now open, so maybe other parks are as well.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Sorry to hear that, tim. Take time for yourself and go for a walk with Mike. I heard High Park is now open, so maybe other parks are as well.

I'd love to but i am at work. They got it fixed ... so i worked a couple of hours.. then i logged off for my break. When i went to log back on .. nope. Not with the new password, the old one, or the temporary one they gave me earlier.  Seriously.  I have never had such issues before.  It's been two hours now since i said i couldn't get on.  This all started when they had me change the VPN registration and password.  Somewhat frustrated, ATM.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

I'd love to but i am at work. They got it fixed ... so i worked a couple of hours.. then i logged off for my break. When i went to log back on .. nope. Not with the new password, the old one, or the temporary one they gave me earlier.  Seriously.  I have never had such issues before.  It's been two hours now since i said i couldn't get on.  This all started when they had me change the VPN registration and password.  Somewhat frustrated, ATM.

isn’t this they way it goes you change 1 little thing and it all falls apart. i hope they get this repaired / fixed for you. nothing is worse than having PC issues. so hope it gets fixed soon for you tim.

• Like 4
Just now, Fae Briona said:

Good luck

i cannot sign on .. .so texted my boss again... like i did at 10am yesterday and said... i cannot log onto my computer.  Yesterday, he said okay to all my messages.  Today he said.. so, you mean you can't log on to your computer?   Yes!!!  yes ... did i not write that in English yesterday?  Geez.  WTF.

• Wow 3
  • Angry 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..