The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
31 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

This week is the 40th anniversary of the movie Fame. Was too young to watch the movie at the time, but I remember the original -- sanitized -- TV show.

Made me remember Gene Anthony Ray, who played Leroy Johnson --- one of the first men I can remember having a crush on (maybe that's why I'm still attracted to darker skinned men). He died of a stroke in 2003 at 41.

Never saw the movie, but I did watch the TV show. Sad to hear about Gene Anthony Ray. I can remember Leroy very clearly. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends, 

just wanted to stop in and say good evening.

So how are things with you?

Hi Rick, things are all good here in the UK. 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Hi rick. Doing well, thanks. Hope all is well with you. 

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

hi rick
going pretty well here, thanks
i had ordered some things from the craft store that were ready for pickup yesterday. so i've been doing that today while watching TV
how are you doing?

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hi Rick, things are all good here in the UK. 

13 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Hi rick. Doing well, thanks. Hope all is well with you. 

Chris and Reader

glad to hear things are good with both of you. spent today watching Netflix and catching up on “Lost in Space” 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hi rick
going pretty well here, thanks
i had ordered some things from the craft store that were ready for pickup yesterday. so i've been doing that today while watching TV
how are you doing?

molly - i went out to ours in town - i needed some supplies as well and went during the “senior hour” mask and gloves. it was nice to get out. 
 now i’m catching up on Netflix.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yay for Tuesday!   Only today and tomorrow to do, then I'm off for a nice long weekend. Working Sunday to Thursday means you never get long weekends, so you have to make your own. 

Yesterday was a Holiday here, but i decided to work, get time and a half.. and took Thursday off..

Have a good day all!!

tim long weekends are always a good thing. i have a long weekend as well sat sun mon off. so enjoy your time off.

• Like 5

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC

just wanted to stop in and say good afternoon.

Just spoke with my Manager and it looks like we are going to work from home until July. 

Last night was a stormy night we had 3 storms go over us all night. So ever time we thought it was over it would rain again. The dogs hates the storms so i had a 50 lb lapdog most of the night. 

• Like 5
9 hours ago, rickproehl said:

tim long weekends are always a good thing. i have a long weekend as well sat sun mon off. so enjoy your time off.

i'm very much looking forward to the long weekend, and as i only work a half day on Friday's, it starts early!

8 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Just spoke with my Manager and it looks like we are going to work from home until July. 

Last night was a stormy night we had 3 storms go over us all night. So ever time we thought it was over it would rain again. The dogs hates the storms so i had a 50 lb lapdog most of the night. 

we'll be working remotely until at least end of June, so right there with you rick!
our big lab mix gets anxious during storms too, he paces and whines. we got him some CBD treats to help calm him
they work like a charm!

well i'm off to bed, so i'll say goodnight
hope to see everyone tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

On my phone...internet down since 10:30pm last night. Had to call into work...grrrrrr. i hope its up soon so i can do a half day at least.

Have a good one all.

i sure hope it got better for you tim

:hug:

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..