The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
55 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@MacGreg hello Sir good to see You, we're plugging along here. stay safe & well

@Mikiesboy sorry it has been so rough, hoping it goes well today

@MichaelS36 hope You are well

@Reader1810 @rickproehl @Kitt @Brayon @Starrynight22 @chris191070 @Defiance19@Wayne Gray

hope everything is going as well as can be expected 

i'm around, just quiet these days

Doing fine so far, molly. It was supposed to rain all day, but the weather is clearing - even saw the sun :D - so my day is looking up. Quiet can be a good thing for the soul. Take care.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@MacGreg hello Sir good to see You, we're plugging along here. stay safe & well

@Mikiesboy sorry it has been so rough, hoping it goes well today

@MichaelS36 hope You are well

@Reader1810 @rickproehl @Kitt @Brayon @Starrynight22 @chris191070 @Defiance19@Wayne Gray

hope everything is going as well as can be expected 

i'm around, just quiet these days

Thanks Molly. Things are going as well as can be expected. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

@chris191070 @rickproehl @Kitt @mollyhousemouse @Reader1810 

All fixed. Yeah, i am not impressed with how my manager has (again) handled this. After getting 'help' from him, and doing all he told me to and it not working.. i did what i always seem to have to and i sent the details to my manager and c.c'd his boss.  I got zero reply from him and a response in under 10 minutes from her.

Wow the Contact Centre is nearly empty. Signs everywhere about covid and social distance.. saw like 10 people. So weird.

At least you got it sorted. Your Manager doesn't seem very helpful at the moment. I bet it was weird going in to work after so long away, sounds like they are trying with the social distancing. Take Care x

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

All fixed. Yeah, i am not impressed with how my manager has (again) handled this. After getting 'help' from him, and doing all he told me to and it not working.. i did what i always seem to have to and i sent the details to my manager and c.c'd his boss.  I got zero reply from him and a response in under 10 minutes from her.

Wow the Contact Centre is nearly empty. Signs everywhere about covid and social distance.. saw like 10 people. So weird.

Glad you’ve got it fixed, so you can resume working from home, tim. Be well, my friend. :hug: 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

At least you got it sorted. Your Manager doesn't seem very helpful at the moment. I bet it was weird going in to work after so long away, sounds like they are trying with the social distancing. Take Care x

It was weird.  Yeah they are very serious about it. Signs every where .. all seating is removed. Hand santizer and paper towels to open doors with, ATMs are all covered so you cannot use them.

My manager is a nice guy .. but not a very good manager.  It's all resolved and i know what to do should this happen again. xoxo

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Just looked out the front window. What did I see but a momma duck and her babies crossing the front lawn. They made it across the street, but a couple of the babies had trouble jumping up to the curb. Momma was trying to encourage them, but had no luck. I was just about to go outside to assist them, but the neighbour’s daughter beat me to it. The family is back together now. Boy were they cute!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Just looked out the front window. What did I see but a momma duck and her babies crossing the front lawn. They made it across the street, but a couple of the babies had trouble jumping up to the curb. Momma was trying to encourage them, but had no luck. I was just about to go outside to assist them, but the neighbour’s daughter beat me to it. The family is back together now. Boy were they cute!

:)  That's great!!  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

671895956_ScreenShot2020-05-15at2_44_31PM.png.be6c9c59343460d23f280307d44a1516.png

A bit blurry I think, but I was using my phone camera and wasn't close enough

Awww ... that's plethora of ducks!

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Awww ... that's plethora of ducks!

Second time I’ve seen ducks walking down the road. The first time was 1992 and I just opened the front door, and there they were - the pic I took then is the one on my profile page.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

glad to hear your computer is fixed and it didn’t take all day.we still have 2 more weeks working from home and then they will decide if we go back to the office.
        we also have to wear a mask while in the office. That’s fine but how in the world can we talk on a phone while wearing a mask. 
         so enjoy your days off tim.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC

just wanted to stop in and say good evening.

was able to get the grass cut before the rain hit. the best part of the week is when that is done. 

So how are things with you

• Like 4
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

we also have to wear a mask while in the office. That’s fine but how in the world can we talk on a phone while wearing a mask. 

It's not that bad.  I wear a mask all day for 8 to 10 hours, depending on how long I work. I answer the phone all day, telehealth with our physicians and help my residents Skype their loved ones (a lot are nonverbal so I end up talking a lot)

All masked.

Just remember to slow down and enunciate. 

• Like 4

Good Night, everyone. I hope everyone has been having a safe and restful night. Sleep is not coming easy for me...

The Moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to - Carl Sandburg

shutterstock-755632231.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs
hello friends
i've bee re-reading some favorite blogs, stories and poems & wanted to drop by before calling it a day
to let y'all know how grateful that y'all, this place, are part of my life
Research Backed Reasons to Keep Feeling Grateful After ...

rest well

molly no we are the ones that are grateful that you are here. 
thanks for all you do for everyone 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Ambulance was next door last night (she has severe seizures). When we woke up this morning the cable-TV / Internet maintenance pylon between my house and the neighbors was in multiple pieces.  Thankfully, I'm on Dish -- but I did call it in. Looks like someone backed over it. And it's starting to rain, so hopefully they get it fixed soon before things get more damaged.

• Wow 4

This week is the 40th anniversary of the movie Fame. Was too young to watch the movie at the time, but I remember the original -- sanitized -- TV show.

Made me remember Gene Anthony Ray, who played Leroy Johnson --- one of the first men I can remember having a crush on (maybe that's why I'm still attracted to darker skinned men). He died of a stroke in 2003 at 41.

Edited by Fae Briona
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..