The Drop in Centre

50 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i cannot sign on .. .so texted my boss again... like i did at 10am yesterday and said... i cannot log onto my computer.  Yesterday, he said okay to all my messages.  Today he said.. so, you mean you can't log on to your computer?   Yes!!!  yes ... did i not write that in English yesterday?  Geez.  WTF.

Looks like another frustrating day. hope this gets better for you.

• Like 4

Good morning, DiCsters. Dropping my own quote today, as it reminds me to be a little easier on myself. We don't always have to "go big or go home". Consistent small steps will get us to where we need to go. Have a good one.

downloadfile.jpg

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Looks like another frustrating day. hope this gets better for you.

It's out of my hands .. so i've been reading. Yesterday i had a couple of naps, drank coffee.  Been watching Strike, which is from the Strike series of novels by Robert Galbraith who is JK Rowling in real life. The show is pretty good.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC

just wanted to stop in and say good morning.

So how are things with you?

Good morning, rick.

My morning started with putting out the recyclables and a trip to the grocery store.

Before I could head out though, I had to check with Mr. Google and Youtube (thank goodness for instructional youtubers!) on how to to turn the four way flashers off on the car as I accidentally (as in how did I do that? :huh: ) turned them on. None of the knobs I tried worked. Ah well, I averted that crisis and was on my way.

First time it happened, but I had to wait until a couple of people exited the store before I could go in. It pays to go early, because they do keep track of the number of customers inside. By the time I left, there was a line up of about five people waiting to get in. No wonder they have a long line area outside, because it’s got to be very busy in the afternoon.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

Good morning, DiCsters. Dropping my own quote today, as it reminds me to be a little easier on myself. We don't always have to "go big or go home". Consistent small steps will get us to where we need to go. Have a good one.

downloadfile.jpg

this is a great quote, Sir.  and You're right being too hard on ourselves is rarely helpful. i hope You have a good day, Sir.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning, rick.

My morning started with putting out the recyclables and a trip to the grocery store.

Before I could head out though, I had to check with Mr. Google and Youtube (thank goodness for instructional youtubers!) on how to to turn the four way flashers off on the car as I accidentally (as in how did I do that? :huh: ) turned them on. None of the knobs I tried worked. Ah well, I averted that crisis and was on my way.

First time it happened, but I had to wait until a couple of people exited the store before I could go in. It pays to go early, because they do keep track of the number of customers inside. By the time I left, there was a line up of about five people waiting to get in. No wonder they have a long line area outside, because it’s got to be very busy in the afternoon.

oh, that's cool Reader!  Honestly, i've given up wondering why things just happen ... like why our stereo which is always on the same radio station suddenly switches itself to iphone mode, or just turns itself on. Like the other night we were watching TV and suddenly it was on.  The Xbox does that too ... turns itself on. It's very weird.

We will go for groceries tomorrow, once i finish my overtime. Assuming that i can even log on to my computer.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

downloadfile.jpg

thank you, Sir this is the perfect quote at this time. Like a lot of us we are our own worst critic. nice to be reminded of this, Sir.

take care of yourself nice hearing from you.

• Like 5

More storms overnight and tomorrow and the hip is feeling them.  Parts of the state this morning had wind speeds of 77mph (124kph); here we only had winds a bit below 40mph. We've seemed to change the storm threat this year from tornadoes to huge hail. :(

• Like 3

Well, after numerous texts, and emails and telephone calls, it was decided they cannot fix my laptop and that i have to take into the office.  I need to see the employee IT manager, Dennis.  That's tomorrow.. on my day off.   This only happened because i emailed my senior manager ... pissed off and frustrated.

• Sad 4
  • Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well, after numerous texts, and emails and telephone calls, it was decided they cannot fix my laptop and that i have to take into the office.  I need to see the employee IT manager, Dennis.  That's tomorrow.. on my day off.   This only happened because i emailed my senior manager ... pissed off and frustrated.

That sucks, tim.  Hope the issue is resolved quickly so you can reclaim your day off. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

That sucks, tim.  Hope the issue is resolved quickly so you can reclaim your day off. 

i'll take an uber down there and see Dennis ... we go thru a VPN so something gotten confused in the back ground and because i cannot log on and get to the vpn to get into the bank network.. i need to go in so i can get to the network.  it should be ok.

• Like 2

I'm posting this one.. but i don't like it.  i do not like this kind of thinking myself. It's right up there with.. You got this.  ugh

• Like 2

It's my day off .. and i'm going to go get ready to go into work. i am not a happy camper... after the past few days. Not at all.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's my day off .. and i'm going to go get ready to go into work. i am not a happy camper... after the past few days. Not at all.

Hopefully, they'll get you fixed up and out of there swiftly so you can enjoy the rest of your day.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hopefully, you'll get sorted quickly and get back to enjoying your day off.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Wait, they left you twiddling your thumbs for two days and now want you to fix it on your day off???

I do hope they will pay you for the twiddle time and ot for today.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

this is a shame that you had to wait 2 days. this is poor support on their end. before you go make sure you keep a copy of messages back and forth to your supervisor just in case something is said. take care.

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@MacGreg hello Sir good to see You, we're plugging along here. stay safe & well

@Mikiesboy sorry it has been so rough, hoping it goes well today

@MichaelS36 hope You are well

@Reader1810 @rickproehl @Kitt @Brayon @Starrynight22 @chris191070 @Defiance19@Wayne Gray

hope everything is going as well as can be expected 

i'm around, just quiet these days

Thanks, molly.

Things are okay. Plugging along, doing my best. I hope the day is going well for you too. We're almost through this week!

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Thanks, molly.

Things are okay. Plugging along, doing my best. I hope the day is going well for you too. We're almost through this week!

yes we are almost done 😊 i took an hour cut so Friday is a half day (same with Monday) then i'm off to the craft store. they have "parking lot pick up"

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
55 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@Reader1810 @rickproehl @Kitt @Brayon @Starrynight22 @chris191070 @Defiance19@Wayne Gray

Doing fine so far, molly. It was supposed to rain all day, but the weather is clearing - even saw the sun :D - so my day is looking up. Quiet can be a good thing for the soul. Take care.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Doing fine so far, molly. It was supposed to rain all day, but the weather is clearing - even saw the sun :D - so my day is looking up. Quiet can be a good thing for the soul. Take care.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..