• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Good Morning how is everyone?

so far today has been busy.

How is everyone’s else’s day going?

Stay Safe ~ Stay Healthy ~ Check on your Neighbors ~ Be Kind

Good morning, rick. 

Im just back from grocery shopping and in need of iced coffee (haven’t had one yet) so that’s how I am. 

Hope your doing well.

Coffee. Here I come....! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning, rick. 

Im just back from grocery shopping and in need of iced coffee (haven’t had one yet) so that’s how I am. 

Hope your doing well.

Coffee. Here I come....! 

so far doing good it slowed down so we can catch our breath. make that ice coffee a double it’s one of days. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Federal thought (in the US) is that breaks / lunches will be a self-regulating system -- that if a company wants someone to work that long w/o getting a break no one would want to work there.

An idealistic, but unrealistic, thought.

Wow... where i work we have a 37.5 hour week.. 2 paid 15 min breaks and 30 min unpaid lunch.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

Re-weeded 2/3 of the garden tonight. Why is it, I wear gardening gloves, but my finger nails are still full of dirt? Maybe that cheap 3-pack wasn’t such a bargain after all...

Oh well, the garden looks nice, so that’s what counts, right? 

Anyhoo, I am tired now, so I’m going to sign off for the night. 

DiCers: to one and all, the sweetest of happy dreams tonight xoxo 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Re-weeded 2/3 of the garden tonight. Why is it, I wear gardening gloves, but my finger nails are still full of dirt? Maybe that cheap 3-pack wasn’t such a bargain after all...

Oh well, the garden looks nice, so that’s what counts, right? 

Anyhoo, I am tired now, so I’m going to sign off for the night. 

DiCers: to one and all, the sweetest of happy dreams tonight xoxo 

Good night, Reader!  Have a good sleep. xoxo

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say ‘Good Night’

Its time to think all the good things you did today. Take lessons from your mistakes and hope for a better tomorrow. Wishing you a good night!

Sweet Dreams

• Like 5
17 hours ago, JayT said:

good morning y'all...I don't want to go to work today :( I have to be there at 10:15 this morning and then work till about 10:30 tonight...hopefully I'll get a bit of a break somewhere in the middle, but that's not a given. 

12-hour work....  See if my memory is still correct....  Every 4 hours there should be a minimum of 10 minutes paid break (they should be as evenly distributed as possible.  Many jobs offer 15 minutes, as it's common practice of the locality).  You'll get a 30 min unpaid lunch and another 15 minute for dinner I believe in California, but I may be wrong.  You do get 1.5x pay between 8-10th hour, and 10th hour to 12th hour should be 2x pay right (unless you're an exempt worker).  As for 30-minute lunch vs 1-hour lunch it's a long debate among people.  Some people with multiple jobs don't want long lunch (or lunch time at all, because they need to go to another job). 

16 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

So..., I am your weakness?  :gikkle:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..