The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Ashi said:

It wasn't looking exactly like this, but I vaguely remember my mom had to constantly swat my hand off the fan guard.

Fan guard, what’s that? :unsure:  jk...

What you see is what I had. Mine didn’t have anything remotely resembling a guard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
6 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Fan guard, what’s that? :unsure:  jk...

I suppose you don't know what's an *ss protector, either.

Spoiler

Just in case....  It's that piece of paper you put on top of the public toilet.  :gikkle:

Edited by Ashi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, kbois said:

That looks exactly like the one my Grandma had!😂 Not complete without electrical tape wrapped around the frayed cord. 🤦‍♀️How the hell did we survive?

Yup.  LOL.  I think ours was with electric tape also....  LOL.  And old fashioned hair blower..., which probably weighs a ton, and you can smell your burning hair.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, kbois said:

I gotta give you props...I nearly melted just getting my mom from the car to the house (it's all of 20 shuffling old lady steps)

We had a/c but my dad would shut it off at night, so it was windows opened wide with noisy fans all night. I still can't sleep without a fan going!

That looks exactly like the one my Grandma had!😂 Not complete without electrical tape wrapped around the frayed cord. 🤦‍♀️How the hell did we survive?

Not sure if you’re of the generation @Carlos Hazday speaks of in this blog, but it’s how we survived, so I thought I’d share this little gem - written almost five years ago - with you all. :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Not sure if you’re of the generation @Carlos Hazday speaks of in this blog, but it’s how we survived, so I thought I’d share this little gem - written almost five years ago - with you all. :D 

My entire childhood summed up in bullet points! Thanks for sharing Reader! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Mine too. :D 

Yup, and my diaper was made of cheese clothe.  And they said you shouldn't let kids suck on pacifiers because....  Well, just because I turned out to be gay.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..